IGNORED

FS: Box Protectors for Rarer and Hard to Find Consoles, Games and Accessories

Starwander

6 hours ago, FibroFreak78 said:

Link to shop not working. How much for x1 Coleco system box protector shipped to 06062?

Shop is working for me.

This is the colecovision protector:

https://hoskinson-industries.myshopify.com/collections/colecovision/products/colecovision-system-box-protector

They are 29.99 and shipping is about $9

They are super nice and well worth it! :)

• Thanks 1

On 1/6/2023 at 8:01 AM, Starwander said:

Wanted to give an update the following box protectors and other items just shipped and should be here in about 60 days:

Atari 5200 Console Large Box 

Magnavox Odyssey 3000 Console Box

Panasonic FZ-JS1 Console Box

Atari Game System Box 

MBX Expansion System Box 

Fairchild Widee System 

Donkey Kong Game for TI99/4A [193x24x263mm]

Channel F System 

Panasonic 3DO FX-1

Odyssey 300

Intellivision 2 Console 

IBM/Tandy Ducktales [157x28x232mm]

Commodore 64 Adventure Creator Game [172x31x228mm]

Commodore 64/128 Diskette Captain Zapp Game [152x22x228]

Commodore 64 Computer Program Diskette Zork 2 Game [191x27x232mm]

Commodore 64 Computer Program Diskette Super Huey Game [148x24x193mm]

Intellivision Activision Stampede Game [147x24x204mm]

Intellivision Microsurgeon Game [145x28x192mm]

Aquarius Fileform [163x52x205mm]

Sega Master System Game Cartridge Screws

Intellivision Game Console Screws

Intellivision 1 Console Power Switches [Not really sure why I had these made again, but hey maybe someone can use them]

Great to hear about the Aquarius Fileform protectors! Are there plans for the Logo/Extended Basic box, as well? Hardware? Love the work you're doing! I've got your standard Aquarius box protectors for my whole game library and they are excellent!

1 hour ago, EdgeOfPortal said:

Great to hear about the Aquarius Fileform protectors! Are there plans for the Logo/Extended Basic box, as well? Hardware? Love the work you're doing! I've got your standard Aquarius box protectors for my whole game library and they are excellent!

Thank you for the shout out. I think they are the same size Fileform and Logo? If not let me know. I only own Fileform. Sent over a list of equipment accessories always happy to add to the list to be made at some point.  

34 minutes ago, Starwander said:

Thank you for the shout out. I think they are the same size Fileform and Logo? If not let me know. I only own Fileform. Sent over a list of equipment accessories always happy to add to the list to be made at some point.  

Fileform and finform are the same size.

Logo is thicker and the same size as extended basic.

This 3rd size would cover all the aquarius cart programs. 

Here is a cheap sealed 1 on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Aquarius-Home-computer-system-Logo-Cartridge-/394325333808?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

On 1/6/2023 at 7:01 AM, Starwander said:

Wanted to give an update the following box protectors and other items just shipped and should be here in about 60 days:

Atari 5200 Console Large Box 

Magnavox Odyssey 3000 Console Box

Panasonic FZ-JS1 Console Box

Atari Game System Box 

MBX Expansion System Box 

Fairchild Widee System 

Donkey Kong Game for TI99/4A [193x24x263mm]

Channel F System 

Panasonic 3DO FX-1

Odyssey 300

Intellivision 2 Console 

IBM/Tandy Ducktales [157x28x232mm]

Commodore 64 Adventure Creator Game [172x31x228mm]

Commodore 64/128 Diskette Captain Zapp Game [152x22x228]

Commodore 64 Computer Program Diskette Zork 2 Game [191x27x232mm]

Commodore 64 Computer Program Diskette Super Huey Game [148x24x193mm]

Intellivision Activision Stampede Game [147x24x204mm]

Intellivision Microsurgeon Game [145x28x192mm]

Aquarius Fileform [163x52x205mm]

Sega Master System Game Cartridge Screws

Intellivision Game Console Screws

Intellivision 1 Console Power Switches [Not really sure why I had these made again, but hey maybe someone can use them]

OOOOH~ !! I am getting super excited for the 3DO - FZ 1 protectors and so are some of my friends who have this console. Thank you for the update! 

10 hours ago, stupus said:

Fileform and finform are the same size.

Logo is thicker and the same size as extended basic.

This 3rd size would cover all the aquarius cart programs. 

Here is a cheap sealed 1 on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Aquarius-Home-computer-system-Logo-Cartridge-/394325333808?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

Thank you for the update, will get Logo ordered.

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/27/2022 at 3:35 PM, Oldschool80skid said:

That I am not sure of. I have the larger box which came with a 2 port system and Pacman. 

Found this old thread.

Smaller 5200 box question https://forums.atariage.com/topic/292900-smaller-5200-box-question/

According to this YouTube review, the smaller box was circa 1986 to liquidate 5200 console stock.

• 2 weeks later...

List of new box protectors that are in stock and ready to ship: 

IBM & Tandy Ducktales: The Quest for Gold 

https://hoskinson-industries.myshopify.com/collections/ibm-tandy/products/ducktales-the-quest-for-gold-box-protector

Commodore 64 Adventure Creator 

https://hoskinson-industries.myshopify.com/collections/commodore-64/products/adventure-creator-box-protector

Commodore 64 Captain Zapp 

https://hoskinson-industries.myshopify.com/collections/commodore-64/products/captain-zapp-box-protector

Commodore 64 Zork 1

https://hoskinson-industries.myshopify.com/collections/commodore-64/products/zork-i-box-protector

TI99/4A Donkey Kong

https://hoskinson-industries.myshopify.com/collections/ti-99-4a/products/donkey-kong-box-protector

Some of these will be compatible with other games from these systems or close. I recommend measuring your other games before ordering as there tends to be a ton of variety in these older systems. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jaymiester said:

Thanks for the heads up, ordered a 5200 and Channel F just now!

Looking forward to getting my hands on the ColecoVision Roller Controller and Driving module protectors when they're done too!!

Thank you very much. 

• 1 month later...
59 minutes ago, smesgr said:

just wanted several items, but stopped buying because shipping cost of >100$ is a bit over the top. If several people here from the EU are interested we could maybe combine order and split the shipping costs.

This is my one complaint. The protectors are fantastic and I love the work Starwander is doing providing protection for obscure items, but I really don't understand the shipping costs. I'm even based in mainland US, and the shipping costs were $62 for 20 game protectors (10 Small Aquarius and 10 Medium Aquarius). I tend to ignore the high costs because I really do want to support what he's doing, but I saw the packaging it came in and I really don't see how it's that high.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, EdgeOfPortal said:

This is my one complaint. The protectors are fantastic and I love the work Starwander is doing providing protection for obscure items, but I really don't understand the shipping costs. I'm even based in mainland US, and the shipping costs were $62 for 20 game protectors (10 Small Aquarius and 10 Medium Aquarius). I tend to ignore the high costs because I really do want to support what he's doing, but I saw the packaging it came in and I really don't see how it's that high.

I am really sorry about this. I am not sure why I didn't catch this when I was shipping your order. I refund excess shipping charges on customers orders and only have them pay exact shipping costs. In this case I mistakenly selected pounds instead of ounces for the Fileform protectors so it was calculating shipping assuming the package weighted 21lbs. I went ahead and refunded the overcharge. Actual shipping was $13.17 for 2lbs and $49.55 was refunded. If this ever happens again let me know, will take care of it ASAP.

8 hours ago, smesgr said:

just wanted several items, but stopped buying because shipping cost of >100$ is a bit over the top. If several people here from the EU are interested we could maybe combine order and split the shipping costs.

Let me know your order number. I will get this resolved ASAP. No one should pay more than the actual shipping costs on the site. EdgeOfPortal pointed out a bug in my site and maybe there is another. Regardless will refund any excess shipping costs ASAP.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jaymiester said:

Hey Starwander, are you still planning on making box protectors for the ColecoVision Driving Module and Roller Controller boxes?

I haven't been able to find a good quality Roller Controller box yet however do have a Driving Module box purchased finally. They are both still one my list to make. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

thanks again.

- Donkey Kong works for Centipede (C64 Cart). bit loose in depth but good enough for me and I'm rather unhappy if box has too much clearance.

- Ducktales also works for Attack of the Petscii Robots (Atari XL afaik all home computer packages uses the same box) - seems to be produced for it 🙂

AttackOfThePetscii.JPG

Centipede.JPG

Edited by smesgr