IGNORED

Bikerbob's Clubhouse Wimodem232 setup

Bikerbob

Ok, so I have the Wimodem232 setup 9600 8 n 1 .. it is connected to the wifi network 192.168.0.11   - I have port forwarding going from port 23 external to port 23 internal on that reserved address.

When I call - I get the wimodem to pickup.. aka on syncterm the screen turns dark blue I get my flashing cursor, looking for communications.  SO.. what I am missing is the wimodem communications between FoReM and modem.

Forem uses  a .opt file that I set the comm at the start .. it is describes as the speed at which the program communicates to the modem.. I have set it for 9600.. I have set the ST port for 9600 and I have set the wimodem232 for 9600

Baud rate across the internet is pointless so I do not have to worry about that.

I assume this is having something to do with the ATS0=1 or 0 .. auto answer .. I think it is send the RING to the program.. I think the program is not picking up.

Ron, you got this working.. any of this jogging a memory?? Tillek you are using a wimodem now correct?? what are your connection settings on the program?

thanks guys.

James

OH.. as a teaser for the bbs.. 

Later Dude..               O    
                                /\_      
                          _==\(_)<)
  /   /  /  / / / /// /_\_/= | /\\
  \   \  \  \ \ \ \\\ \_/  `--' \_/  

I posted pictures of my WiModem 232 setup as well as Amis's (I think it was Amis).

Did you get those? The pictures show all the settings.

As far as BBS Express! ST goes, I have 3 modem files in use:

BOOT.MDM

RESET.MDM

F10.MDM

Each do pretty much what their name says. BOOT is read upon Express starting. RESET

is used whenever there's a reset and F10 is used whenever you hit F10 to exit from

Express.

All 3 have 2 line and only 2 lines in them:

ATH

ATM

And that's it... My perception is that BBS Express! ST literally handles everything else.

Sorry if this doesn't help much.  :(

Well, I did manage to force it to pickup once.. I turned Auto answer on and it "worked" but the modem strings from FoReM ST did not send at the correct time.

I might have to go back to the UDS 10 for now. 

What about DISCORD for discussions there is a BBS TOPIC in discord that we can have realtime.. anytime discussions on???  https://discord.gg/UMcT8TFW

2 hours ago, Bikerbob said:

Well, I did manage to force it to pickup once.. I turned Auto answer on and it "worked" but the modem strings from FoReM ST did not send at the correct time.

I might have to go back to the UDS 10 for now. 

What about DISCORD for discussions there is a BBS TOPIC in discord that we can have realtime.. anytime discussions on???  https://discord.gg/UMcT8TFW

What about that chat we have every month? :P

1 hour ago, DarkLord said:

You're in Mexico? Ugh, be careful!

Not yet.. but will be next week.. and  a week friday.. which is the first friday of the month.. aka the zoom meeting. 

Yes we are going to a very secluded resort.  7 day average in the Cancun province of mexico.. 9... I am pretty happy with those odds.

James

• 2 weeks later...

OK, well I have given up on the wimodem232 for now. Love it.. but I cannot seem to get it to work with FoReM ST.  So back to the UDS10  - which is working, but will tell you its only connecting at 300 baud, you will find it much faster than that. All should be good.. there is something finiky about the modem setup.. I will still work on it.

NOW ON PORT 1040 - YES - got it off of 23.. which was being hammered by hacks. frustrating..   anyway.. PORT 1040.  back up now.

James

• 1 month later...

going to reply here.. Think this is easiest. Not sure how to do it on the bbs.

20220113_210344.jpg

not sure what I managed to do, but I cannot get the bbs to work with this now.. it will load, initialize, and when it gets to the point where it looks to wait for a connection.. it goes right into "HIT RETURN" without anything from the other end.. 

Bikerbob

On 1/15/2022 at 11:04 AM, DarkLord said:

Okay, just "at a glance" but is your outgoing port and incoming port supposed to be the same?

Mine are different.

Also, I'm using wifi channel 6. I think that's default. Yours is 11?

That shouldn't matter.  It's just the "default" outgoing port so if you did something like ATDT bbs.whatever.com,95 it would still call out on port 95, but if you left that port off, it will use the "outgoing" port as a default.

And since you can't be calling out at the same time someone is calling in, it wouldn't matter if they're the same.

• Like 1