IGNORED

Season 20 Thanksgiving Preseason - Tecmo Super Bowl

asponge

In honor of Thanksgiving football here is a one-off preseason challenge just for fun.  The three NFL games on Thanksgiving this year are:
Chicago @ Detroit
Raiders @ Dallas
Buffalo @ New Orleans

Pick one of these games to emulate in Tecmo Super Bowl and post your final score.  See the rules and post deadline below.

This wasn't the original game I had in mind for preseason.  I just thought it might be fun for the folks that enjoy this title like myself.  Next week I will post a different preseason game that will run through January 2nd that will be worth points toward next season.

I hope everyone who's celebrating has a good Thanksgiving.

1300146448_TecmoSuperBowlCartridge.png.1ea08862dcb2426efacbd04b6dbe2d34.png 49763408_TecmoSuperBowlScreenshot.png.8286268562967e7761d362d8ab9598a0.png

Game Rules:

Select Preseason and choose both of the teams from one of these match-ups (you can play as either team):

Chicago @ Detroit
Raiders @ Dallas
Buffalo @ New Orleans

Calculate your score by subtracting your opponent's score from your own

Manual

Score Post Deadline: Sunday November 28 at 11:59 PM CST.

AtariAge High Score:

111 by bubufubu posted on 1/3/2015

Scores so far:

None

General HSC Rules:

• To participate, just post a score to the thread. Anyone can join in at any time.
  • A picture or screenshot is encouraged when posting a score but not required.
  • Do not exploit game glitches, take advantage of 1-up loops or intentionally die in order to replay a level.
  • If "point pressing" is not specified in the game rules you should be moving forward in an attempt to complete/loop the game and not "camping" for points.
  • No emulator save states, slow-mo, rewind, etc.
  • No cheats, e.g. Konami code, Game Genie, etc.
  • Turbo controllers are allowed.

Hahaha, this is hilarious. I don't know much about video game football...figured out just enough of 10-Yard Pass the other season, but this one is a bit more complex. I remember kids going nuts over this bitd, but my nes sports expertise mainly consisted of the fist fights in Blades of Steel. Fun round theme tho, I'll give it a shot :)