IGNORED

WIP Demo Project Huntmaster

oceanix42

image.thumb.png.29b33f596b42392a9ca789c18a14fa1d.png

image.png.a52b0a740024ea75d96613c77464b72f.png

Greetings enthusiasts!

I hope you are all well. I dove into game dev. with batariBASIC and it's been a blast. Thought I'd post my first attempt with a playable .bin and the code. It's super inefficient and buggy but only really intended to play around with some ideas and learn batariBASIC in order to do a full game in the future.

A WIP Demo: Project Huntmaster - A 2600 survival horror adventure

Story: You haven't been home in 10 years, but have spoken to your brother on and off for the last 2. However, your monthly talks suddenly stopped two months ago, so you decided to travel back to your childhood home to find out what's been going on. You've tried calling around, but no one answers.

On your way to town, your car runs out of gas...cuz you're lazy and always push the limits. You walk to the outskirts of town where there is a convenient store. The mostly drunk clerk doesn't give you any clues as to what' been going on in the town. SO you decide to hoof it...

There are 3 main boards: external store, internal store, and temple.

The temple, you do not remember ever seeing. The road past the temple is blocked and there are impassible forest all around, except the way you came. Looks like the only way through is through the gates of the temple.

You walk outside of the store and hear a terrible sound, a sound ungodly and oppressive. Your nose rankles and your stomach turns...what must you do?

Combat is walking over enemies, Ys II inspired. You can purchase items in the store by hitting the fire button...if you have the funds...

prjt_hntmstr_20211125.bin prjt_hntmstr_20211125.bas

Edited by oceanix42
  • Like 6