IGNORED

Question on Summer Games swimming events.

IMBerzerk

Hello.  Long time fan of the C64, had one back in 1983 up to 1991 when I sold it to a friend in college.  Bad mistake.  

At any rate... A million years later I e been playing all those great games on Vice, CCS64 and now lr-vice on Retropie for like 20 years now.  But...I never figured out...

What is the joystick pattern to keep the swimmer underwater longer after the turn on the swimming events in Summer Games?  

Since originally owning that game in 1984 till now... I still can't figure it out.  

Thanks for enlightening this old C64 player!

BTW... If you haven't done so already, download and play Bruce Lee II.  Best true to original sequel of a game 30 years after the original release.  Loads of fun.

Edited by IMBerzerk

I don't recall and actually never got swimming to work properly, but I think if you hold to the left for longer, the swimmer will stay under water until you release. It might also entirely be a timing matter, to push to the left at the exact right time in relation to the arm stroke to make a perfect turn. You should press fire button rhythmically like in all Epyx games, not frantic like in other sports games.

6 hours ago, carlsson said:

I don't recall and actually never got swimming to work properly, but I think if you hold to the left for longer, the swimmer will stay under water until you release. It might also entirely be a timing matter, to push to the left at the exact right time in relation to the arm stroke to make a perfect turn. You should press fire button rhythmically like in all Epyx games, not frantic like in other sports games.

I do.  It's just the timing of the turn I have never gotten right.  I can get as low as 24.7 on the 100m freestyle.  But that super push underwater has never been part of my scores