IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - November 26th 2021

Pixelboy

On 11/28/2021 at 1:18 AM, timdu said:

FYI - I currently offer STAR FORTRESS for the COLECOVISION for sale for $25 plus shipping.  ( loose cartridge and manual )

I obtained permission from John D. a few years ago and I continue to sell these and I have them in stock.

http://timduarte.blogspot.com/2021/07/star-fortress-for-colecovision-this.html

I also sell John's excellent version of SPACE INVADERS for the Colecovision, which is called SPACE INVASION.

If you have any questions, please send me a message.

thank you,

Tim

I recall somewhere back in 2001, I contacted John cause I wanted to port Space invasion to my Memotech MTX Computer (This was my first computer, and it used the same hardware as ColecoVision), John was kind to mail me the sourcecode, and I made the conversion. I since lost the sourcecode, both to the Colecovision version and to the Memotech version. The conversion was done the hard way, I used a assembler running MSDOS, and then i send the binary using RS232 from the PC to The Memotech MTX Computer and then check if the game run as it should. After some debugging, I made a good copy saving to tape/wavefile at the Memotech Computer :) In that time we did not have any good Memotech Emulators for PCs so that was the way it was done.

• Like 1

I have a question for you experts out there. Is this a Telegames release? Usually, there's a Telegames logo in some form on these re-releases, but I don't see it on this Lady Bug box:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203288308989

The green clamshell plastic box does indicate Telegames to me...

EDIT: Small update regarding the list of missing boxes from a few posts above: I happen to have the Pepper II Canadian box (I scanned it this morning) and I found the Victory Canadian box which I bought on eBay.

Edited by Pixelboy

2 hours ago, Pixelboy said:

I have a question for you experts out there. Is this a Telegames release? Usually, there's a Telegames logo in some form on these re-releases, but I don't see it on this Lady Bug box:

The green clamshell plastic box does indicate Telegames to me.

I would “assume” that this is a Telegames UK release from the liquidation sell-off by CBS Electronics. 

5 hours ago, Pixelboy said:

The green clamshell plastic box does indicate Telegames to me...

EDIT: Small update regarding the list of missing boxes from a few posts above: I happen to have the Pepper II Canadian box (I scanned it this morning) and I found the Victory Canadian box which I bought on eBay.

i would say it could be an australian release of Coleco.

I have a Donkey kong jr with the same kind of box.

7 minutes ago, youki said:

i would say it could be an australian release of Coleco.

I have a Donkey kong jr with the same kind of box.

While the insert in the plastic case is most definitely the design used for Australian releases, the cart label is not one used for that region.  The labels on carts destined for Australia either stated "FOR USE ON PAL T.V. SYSTEM" or had no specification statement on them at all.  I agree with NIAD that this is most likely a Telegames release based on a mixture of ex. CBS Electronics inventory.  Something that Telegames were well known for doing.

Edited by Ikrananka

Thanks guys.  :)

Another question, if you guys don't mind: ColecoVision Zone (that's what he called himself online, I don't recall his real name) has a lot of pictures of Canadian boxes pictured on his web site (I used several of them in the post with all the pictures earlier in this thread). Does anyone know if those were pics of his personal collection, and if so, didn't he sell his collection to someone at one point?

46 minutes ago, Ikrananka said:

While the insert in the plastic case is most definitely the design used for Australian releases, the cart label is not one used for that region.  The labels on carts destined for Australia either stated "FOR USE ON PAL T.V. SYSTEM" or had no specification statement on them at all.  I agree with NIAD that this is most likely a Telegames release based on a mixture of ex. CBS Electronics inventory.  Something that Telegames were well known for doing.

But on the picture , on the cart we can read "for use on pal T.v system" ,  and the casing shape matches with european et australian release.

10 minutes ago, youki said:

But on the picture , on the cart we can read "for use on pal T.v system" ,  and the casing shape matches with european et australian release.

The label includes "(U.K.)" which carts intended for the Australian market didn't include.  All CBS Electronics releases (which were all made in the UK) used the same cart shell, so all UK, European and Australian CBS releases used them.

It's the same with the game manual, it states for "UK" systems on the front cover.  CBS game manuals for the Australian market were all printed in blue on white and not the grey in white used for UK releases.

Edited by Ikrananka

On 11/27/2021 at 7:18 PM, timdu said:

FYI - I currently offer STAR FORTRESS for the COLECOVISION for sale for $25 plus shipping.  ( loose cartridge and manual )

I obtained permission from John D. a few years ago and I continue to sell these and I have them in stock.

http://timduarte.blogspot.com/2021/07/star-fortress-for-colecovision-this.html

I also sell John's excellent version of SPACE INVADERS for the Colecovision, which is called SPACE INVASION.

If you have any questions, please send me a message.

thank you,

Tim

Ordered both. Thanks Tim!

On 12/1/2021 at 10:56 PM, Pixelboy said:

I'm looking for the European/international versions of these hardware products:

- CBS ColecoVision console (with "Mouse Trap Included" sticker)

I can sent you a picture of that one. Do you want pictures from all sides?

And do you have this one with the Donkey Kong sticker?

20211205_223555.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dutch Colecovision Fan said:

I can sent you a picture of that one. Do you want pictures from all sides?

Oooh! Thanks for the offer!  :D  And no, I don't need all sides, just the front side. However, I'd be interested to know what kind of trademark/copyright notices there is on the box. I figure those kinds of texts must differ slightly between the US and other regions.

EDIT: Please make sure to take a proper scan of the box, and not a plain photo unless you have proper lighting equipment. A box picture with light glares (like the one pictured just above) is just unusable for me. Please send me a PM if you want to discuss it further.

8 hours ago, Dutch Colecovision Fan said:

And do you have this one with the Donkey Kong sticker?

Nope, I already have that one, thanks to Ikrananka.  ;) 

Thanks.

Edited by Pixelboy

Just a quick reminder for everyone possibly interested: I will be placing the print order for the "North-American" series of trading cards on December 16th, so you have until then to place your pre-order for a deck, if you haven't already.  :) 

Many thanks to those who have already committed to purchase a deck (a few ordered more than one!) and I can already say that this project will be quite a success!  :D 

38 minutes ago, Pixelboy said:

Just a quick reminder for everyone possibly interested: I will be placing the print order for the "North-American" series of trading cards on December 16th, so you have until then to place your pre-order for a deck, if you haven't already.  :) 

Many thanks to those who have already committed to purchase a deck (a few ordered more than one!) and I can already say that this project will be quite a success!  :D 

I got an email confirmation that I was added to the mailing list of those interested, on 11/28. I've heard nothing else since, nor been given a way to place an order. I'm guessing I should have heard something? Even checked spam...

Did I fall through the cracks?

Edited by Hastor

Well, if you got a confirmation that you're on the mailing list, that means your deck of cards will be printed soon, along with everyone else who's on the mailing list. Your name is probably on my list right now, but I don't know which name in the list corresponds to "Hastor".  ;)  

As I stated in the first post of this thread, I'm giving everyone until December 15th 2021 to contact me and join the mailing list, and more importantly pre-order their copy of the first series. On December 16th, I'll be sending the print order to the card printer in Germany. It's pretty late in the year so the cards will probably be printed and shipped in January 2022. I'll contact everyone who pre-ordered a deck as soon as I receive them in the mail, hopefully as early next year as possible.

On 11/26/2021 at 11:50 PM, Pixelboy said:

In terms of pricing, I have to place orders of decks of 55 cards with the printer in Germany. That's why there are 165 cards in the first series (3 decks of 55 cards). Each pack of 55 cards costs roughly 20$US to print, so I expect a full deck of 165 cards to carry a price tag in the 60-to-65$US range. Maybe a little more, but not much more. So that's about 40 cents per card. Each deck of 165 cards will be stored in a two-piece plastic storage case (either Ultra-Pro or BCW, it's not decided yet).

I got my email for the confirmation for pre-order. Thanks for that. Couple questions I forgot to ask. How much for shipping to the States, are they laminated with a plastic coating on the cards? They’re beautiful BTW. The only thing I would add is maybe one piece of trivia for each somewhere on the bottom of the back sides. I look forward to seeing them in person!

2 hours ago, Zeptari1 said:

How much for shipping to the States, are they laminated with a plastic coating on the cards?

Not sure about shipping to any destination yet, since I don't know the exact weight of the package. I do know that I'll be shipping decks in 5x5x5-inch Canada Post boxes, but beyond that, I can't estimate the shipping fees until I receive the decks.

As for coating, the cards do have a slight glossy film on them, but I don't think you could call that "laminated". They'll be more like playing cards in terms of finish.

Update: I spoke briefly with the original owner of ColecoVisionZone.com, and he confirmed that all the Canadian box pictures on his site was from his own collection, and that he sold his collection to an American years ago. He couldn't remember who the buyer was, and I do wonder who it could be...

On 12/12/2021 at 12:02 PM, Zeptari1 said:

I got my email for the confirmation for pre-order. Thanks for that. Couple questions I forgot to ask. How much for shipping to the States, are they laminated with a plastic coating on the cards? They’re beautiful BTW. The only thing I would add is maybe one piece of trivia for each somewhere on the bottom of the back sides. I look forward to seeing them in person!

Ok sounds like I'm in the same place. It sounded like maybe there was already a way to send money and I didn't get anything like that.

1 hour ago, Pixelboy said:

Update: I spoke briefly with the original owner of ColecoVisionZone.com, and he confirmed that all the Canadian box pictures on his site was from his own collection, and that he sold his collection to an American years ago. He couldn't remember who the buyer was, and I do wonder who it could be...

If I remember correctly, it was sold to Phattybomby (or something like that?)