IGNORED

80 column Atari 8's?

22 hours ago, Ecernosoft said:

Ok, VBXE only then. I'll design a sound upgrade! (8 channel * 8 bit? 16 channel * 16 bit maybe, but with an 8 bit volume channel and 8 bit samples?)

I know you're enthusiastic (coked / aderalled up to the moon - ala Macho Man Randy Savage in 1986 WWF) but please, maybe consider completing one tiny project for one machine before announcing 5 projects for every piece of hardware on the forum and then announcing new hardware for said platforms.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I know you're enthusiastic (coked / aderalled up to the moon - ala Macho Man Randy Savage in 1986 WWF) but please, maybe consider completing one tiny project for one machine before announcing 5 projects for every piece of hardware on the forum and then announcing new hardware for said platforms.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Stephen said:

yeah..... I got excited. I do that. Something called "one day".....

3 hours ago, leech said:

Cocaine is a hell of a drug!

I'm 14, lol. Did you know that? :D 

I'm still living the beginning, unfortunately. I was not blessed with these amazing machines; instead I was given things like spoiled children, technology-corrupted people, and insane gamers. The world is not so humble, sadly....

Edited by Ecernosoft

1 hour ago, Ecernosoft said:
2 hours ago, leech said:

I'm 14, lol. Did you know that? :D 

I'm still living the beginning, unfortunately. I was not blessed with these amazing machines; instead I was given things like spoiled children, technology-corrupted people, and insane gamers. The world is not so humble, sadly....

Oh!  So you likely don't get that quote is from Rick James.

Ha, yeah these days people kind of take for granted they have the equivalent of a dream super computer in their pockets. 

On the one hand I think I grew up in just the right era, where I lived through watching the internet evolve.

On the other hand, it would be nice to be able to live through to where we have Matrix level VR too!

On 12/1/2021 at 2:29 AM, Mathy said:

Hello guys

80 column speech synthesis.  That's almost like Dolby Atmos.  On my little 8 bit Atari.  Nolan is the greatest!

Sincerely

Mathy

I'm sorry that I don't understand the joke (I'm not old enough lol) but that is AWESOME. Just imagine games- but also using the speech module to do weird, alien sound effects....

On 12/28/2022 at 12:34 PM, phaeron said:

Sadly, this rumor has spread so far that it has become self-sustaining, and for some reason people are apt to believe it rather than the simpler explanation that it was a branding issue.

It's sad that Atari never tried this though, would've made for some amazing games. Never thought of it myself though.

12 hours ago, leech said:

Oh!  So you likely don't get that quote is from Rick James.

Ha, yeah these days people kind of take for granted they have the equivalent of a dream super computer in their pockets. 

On the one hand I think I grew up in just the right era, where I lived through watching the internet evolve.

On the other hand, it would be nice to be able to live through to where we have Matrix level VR too!

Yep. I know.

And they scream about it when they don't. (Some do)

My computer RIGHT NOW beats an '80 super computer. 😃 is that not insane?

Unfortunately some don't know that and complain when their tech isn't good enough. Sigh.

Oh, matrix level VR? (show me!!!!!! :D )

Hello Ecernosoft

9 hours ago, Ecernosoft said:

I'm sorry that I don't understand the joke (I'm not old enough lol) but that is AWESOME.

Which part don't you understand?  If it's the Nolan part: Nolan Bushnell is one of the founders of Atari and the most famous one.

BTW nice to see that a young person like you is interested in the "old" Atari.  Don't let us discourage you, but don't try to do a zillion things at the same time either.  Of try to develop something that already exists, unless you are absolutely sure your version is a lot better than the existing one(s).

Sincerely

Mathy

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mathy said:

Hello Ecernosoft

Which part don't you understand?  If it's the Nolan part: Nolan Bushnell is one of the founders of Atari and the most famous one.

BTW nice to see that a young person like you is interested in the "old" Atari.  Don't let us discourage you, but don't try to do a zillion things at the same time either.  Or try to develop something that already exists, unless you are absolutely sure your version is a lot better than the existing one(s).

Sincerely

Mathy

Oh yeah right!!! 

I know about Nolan bushnell. Despite being 14 I know a lot about Atari, programming AND hardware wise. But I also know a lot about their history.

I don't know everything and all of things so don't quiz me though- I did my research, but I don't know a whole ton about it either.  

And speaking of, I hate doing re-releases. (of games I didn't make) I don't do them. Everything I make is ORIGONAL.

Speaking of, I think I'm going to use ANTIC 2-11 or 12 (because the player sprite colors are always changing it would be useless to use 2-10. (yes, scrolling levels USING ANTIC 2 + gtia modes.)

I'm super duper excited to start work on C&A for atari 8bit as well.

Edited by Ecernosoft
  • Like 1