IGNORED

S.P.I.K.R. Happy Birthday Intellivision

storm_walker

3 hours ago, 1980gamer said:

If this is just a cart dump, I am guessing carts with onboard helpers or saves or DRM will not work?

True, but those cartridges do send the correct data to the original hardware.  I guess you would need a custom emulator that takes data directly from the bus rather than statically map it.

3 hours ago, 1980gamer said:

We need to get an LTO Flash cart in your hands for testing.

Right!

22 hours ago, storm_walker said:

I don't know about "Holy Grail" maybe more like "The holy hand grenade of Antioch" 1, 2, 5... 3 sir...

What is you want exactly? a board that goes in the Flashback? a stand-alone unit with the 2 controller ports & Kart port?

LOL.  Pretty much the setup that will work with the flashback.  Would be a trip to have a fully working, cartridge ready version of a Mini Intellivision.

Hopefully you get it all working and it becomes something we can all purchase at some point.  Pretty much how the Ultimate PC to Intv and all the rest went.  But I don't recall ever seeing something close to what you working on.

16 hours ago, DZ-Jay said:

What we would like is an Ultimate flashback with a cartridge port, so that you could play either games from flash or from cartridge.

It looks like that's what your project does.  I think you will find that the Intellivision community is willing to pay for the complete, finished product, since many of us cannot be trusted to open up those devices without screwing them up.

Put it in a nice box with shrink-wrap and it'll sell like gangbusters! ?

100% agree!!

Does the Phoenix have an Intellivision core.  If it does it would be better if it interacted with the cartridge directly rather than dumping the rom.  Plus the Phoenix doesn't have a USB interface, so this board would have to be adapted to the interface on the Phoenix.

Edited by mr_me

45 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Does the Phoenix have an Intellivision core.  If it does it would be better if it interacted with the cartridge directly rather than dumping the rom.  Plus the Phoenix doesn't have a USB interface, so this board would have to be adapted to the interface on the Phoenix.

Forgot it didn't have a USB.  But I am certain CollectorVision would work with him and this may speed up the development of the Intellivision Core?

https://collectorvision.com/phoenix/index.html

So, a little biased..  I have a Phoenix :)