My Retro/Vintage Gaming Hobby

I Am a Child from the Dawn of the Video Game Age

Taking a side trip here away from my adventures here. Anyone who knows me personally, can attest that I am somewhat of a geek and so it’s no surprise that I became an mechanical/aerospace engineer by trade. With that stated, I always had an interest in building things and tinkering with electronics, etc.. As I was growing up in the 70's I was fortunate to experience and be able to participate in the dawn of a new era. It all started simple enough with my father coming back from a business trip in Texas one year with one of the first ever digital calculators. I was hooked. I loved the display, the tactile feel of the buttons and the ease of use. I was further inspired when I saw advanced calculators becoming available and even into my high school and college years where I always had to have the latest programmable calculators for my science, math and eventually engineering courses. Now this seems pretty minor in this day and age, but back then, looong before cell phones, home computers, high level object oriented programming languages, etc.. this was an exciting era for me.

Read more here... http://rubikonadventures.blogspot.com...

A long time friend of mine came by for a visit one day and asked if it was OK to shoot video of my old video game collection and my "man cave" where I hibernate during the winter months when I am not out exploring. Enjoy another facet of my persona here: https://youtu.be/818OZog0Y4I

Me Meeting Nolan Bushnell, Founder of Atari and founder of the industry.

Nolan2.thumb.JPG.6d2ac6c7bcab9002491c4ccae74eaf5b.JPG

• Like 1