IGNORED

Controllers not connecting wireless

Vatcaris

I am having issues also but I am new to the VCS.  I can get mine to pair but it takes almost 60 seconds of holding the Fuji button down before the VCS see them.  Then they are paired and work fine.  But after powering off the VCS most of the time pairing is lost and I have to do it all over.  Not sure if it is the controller firmware of the VCS firmware causing the problem.  But most of the time I use the controllers wired.

5 hours ago, fmh said:

I am having issues also but I am new to the VCS.  I can get mine to pair but it takes almost 60 seconds of holding the Fuji button down before the VCS see them.  Then they are paired and work fine.  But after powering off the VCS most of the time pairing is lost and I have to do it all over.  Not sure if it is the controller firmware of the VCS firmware causing the problem.  But most of the time I use the controllers wired.

You are not meant to hold the button the whole time, to pair them.

1) The first time, hold the Atari button until they flash quickly. That's pairing mode. Release the button.

2) After they're paired the first time, just tapping the button to turn them on, will cause a slow flash, and they will reconnect.
   If you hold the button down, instead of tapping it, you'll put them back into first-time pairing mode again.

Another note, if you pair them in Windows, the pairing will be lost with the AtariOS mode.
You can use them wired with Windows or Linux, and then the Bluetooth pairing in AtariOS will not be affected.
To forget the pairing of the controllers, you can go to Settings, and "My Devices", and forget (any) controllers.

I hope this helps you and anybody else.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

I know this is late in the conversation but I have not been able to connect either controller wirelessly since I got my bundle in june this year. Updated everything but still not working. Any suggestions? Tried them on pc and they work so the bluetooth of the controllers are fine. When I go to connect to the VCS they never appear on the pair new controller tab, but the VCS shows them as connected devices, but they don't respond at all. Did the reset on each control as well, nothing seems to correct this issue. Fine on usb connection but the cord just gets in the way of my setup. Plus I just want the functionality of be wireless. Any suggestions?

Edited by Vaskomyr
Issue fixed by system reflash

14 hours ago, Vaskomyr said:

When I go to connect to the VCS they never appear on the pair new controller tab, but the VCS shows them as connected devices, but they don't respond at all. Did the reset on each control as well, nothing seems to correct this issue.

You already checked the Bluetooth works on the controllers. That's good.
You can also check it on the VCS, by making another Bluetooth item available, and seeing if you can pair that. e.g. Bluetooth speaker, or headphones. (Bluetooth up to 4.0, not >4.0 of course.)

The joysticks can only be paired with a single device at once, so if they are paired to a PC in PC-mode, they have to go back into pairing mode to connect to the VCS, and vice versa.