IGNORED

Here is a pic of the pitfighter Proto....

-^CrossBow^-

This cart is now in the hands of a lucky individual who was actually able to attend the Philly Classic. And no...sadly it wasn't me...

Here is the pic:

Enjoy!!!

pfproto.jpg

[ 05-03-2001: Message edited by: -^Cro§Bow^- ]

According to the owner of the actual Cart...the front label didn't exist on it yet during the convention either. It was actually done up at the convention by the original shower of the cart John Hardie. And I was told it was he who made the label. Perhaps he didn't have the means to make an end label? I am not sure...

There is also a possibility of this getting dumped. The owner isn't a rom hoarder and plans to get it dumped eventually.

Also stated was that the graphics weren't like the arcade of course...but that they really weren't that bad...and it didn't have much flicker either. Also there is only one stage and while you can hit and knock out the opponents, the collision was not completed on the player character and hence your in constant god mode.

Anyway, it will be interesting none the less to see this one. Finally, a long lost proto for the 7800 is about!?

Now if only one for Moon Patrol could be had...

CB_Sig.gif

Tempest not really sure about the CX number.

Your right in that it would make it the last game after Midnight Mutants. I do know that John Hardie made up the label and was the previous owner of the cart all this time. The current owner wouldn't really know about the CX number being right or not. I can however, ask that individual next time I see them.

Later,

Hmm... I suppose there was an internal parts list for the 7800, I suppose it could have come from there. Is it listed in the DP guide?

BTW, this proto isn't really anything to get excited about. It's just a demo of a game that looks like a bad Double Dragon rip off. It's nothing like Pit-Fighter at all. Are they 100% sure that it's actually Pit-Fighter (what do the EPROM labels say?).

Tempest

Tempest...

They aren't willing to open it up and ruin the label John printed to see the roms. But AlanD is gonna dump it. In case you don't know...he is a regular over on IRC RGVC.

I was told that is looked pretty good and only the first stage was there...

Besides that I don't know.

I assume you saw this in action? Please share what you saw with the board as well...

Thanks,

Well, I only remember a little because I was much more interested in the 2600 Elevator Action proto but I'll try to remember.

The board looked like some ruined or abandoned buildings and there was you and four other guys. The characters weren't very big, they were DD size (not the huge characters you saw in the arcade). You could walk around and punch the other guys (maybe you could kick too, but I don't think so). Eventually you knocked them down enough so they died (5 hits?), when you killed them all the demo ended.

The collision detection wasn't fully there, it was sort of hit and miss. You could also walk down off the screen and appear on the top (in mid-air!).

All and all it was interesting, but hardly anything like Pitfighter. It could have been one board of Double Dragon or Final Fight or any fighting game. Too bad it didn't get further along in development.

You mentioned the IRC RGVC. How do I get to that?

Tempest

Tempest,

to access the IRC RGVC first you need MIRC or equivelent program to access. Then connect to any Undernet server....once connected...simply /join #rgvc

it is always there...but is not in the listing...they are really a l33t bunch...

sometimes it gets to discussions that I don't care to participate in...but there are a lot of knowlegable guys over there. Some of the collections these guys have and the connections they have are impressive.

Enjoy!

Wanted to mention that the rgvc is not on the EFnet servers...no Undernet anymore.

CB_Sig.gif

[ 06-20-2001: Message edited by: -^Cro§Bow^- ]