IGNORED

Chrome Won't Update - Apps Not Functional (Recurring)

SoCalAttorney

12 hours ago, Djmicklovin said:

They're still going out of their way to help you even though it's not technically their problem and that's a nice thing for them to do but next time just go through Ebay and we wouldn't have to listen to the endless ranting. You said you owned the console for 8 months already you should've contacted them the second there was a problem, so that's issue number two. On top of the fact that you have no receipt.

I really don't think this is a fair assessment of @SoCalAttorney position here.  I have seen no clause against transferability of the warranty in any of their literature, and seeing that the VCS has only been out for a little over a year, Atari can safely assume that his/her issues with the VCS fall within the 12 month warranty afforded to every new VCS even without a receipt of purchase.  SoCalAttorney was just trying to give us the full procedural movement and customer service experience from Atari, not just ranting and venting (although that is a byproduct of any customer service experience).  When you have a small community of people on forums you do tend to get the extreme examples of good and bad experiences.

I do hope that SoCalAttorney revises their position with regard to just outright selling the new VCS when it arrives.  It truly is a fun machine and hopefully with the OS update that is coming (eventually) it will be an even better experience.  There are some excellent looking games on the horizon and it seems that Atari are committed to the success of the VCS.  It would be a shame to lose a user/community member due to a less than stellar customer service or warranty experience.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Djmicklovin said:

They're still going out of their way to help you even though it's not technically their problem and that's a nice thing for them to do but next time just go through Ebay and we wouldn't have to listen to the endless ranting. You said you owned the console for 8 months already you should've contacted them the second there was a problem, so that's issue number two. On top of the fact that you have no receipt.

What an odd comment. Atari issued the warranty on the console it sold. Thus, it is technically their problem. They're doing nothing out of niceness; the company is honoring its contractual obligation to the end-user, per an agreement it created with the warranty. The guy isn't "ranting," and no one is forcing you to listen. If you can't help someone with their problem, move on. Why give someone a hard time that's already dealing with a broken product? Unless Infogrames, all the shell of Atari is now, is paying you to be an apologist, why are you so eager to show everyone you have no understanding of warranties?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, joeatari1 said:

I really don't think this is a fair assessment of @SoCalAttorney position here.  I have seen no clause against transferability of the warranty in any of their literature, and seeing that the VCS has only been out for a little over a year, Atari can safely assume that his/her issues with the VCS fall within the 12 month warranty afforded to every new VCS even without a receipt of purchase.  SoCalAttorney was just trying to give us the full procedural movement and customer service experience from Atari, not just ranting and venting (although that is a byproduct of any customer service experience).  When you have a small community of people on forums you do tend to get the extreme examples of good and bad experiences.

I do hope that SoCalAttorney revises their position with regard to just outright selling the new VCS when it arrives.  It truly is a fun machine and hopefully with the OS update that is coming (eventually) it will be an even better experience.  There are some excellent looking games on the horizon and it seems that Atari are committed to the success of the VCS.  It would be a shame to lose a user/community member due to a less than stellar customer service or warranty experience.

Thank you. There's a particular employee at Atari who has gone out their way to reach to me to try and get the matter resolved and I also need to thank BHG_gaming to runs the VCS Connect Twitter account for trying to help as well.

If I run search of my in box for the term "Atari support", there 280 emails dated back to June 2021 regarding the various issues I've addressed with Atari. Some of wounds were self-inflicted like when purchase some bad memory, but Chrome and the app store have been out of commission for at least 3 cumulative months of the time I've had the machine.

When it works, the VCS is a very fun an enjoyable and versatile machine. I'll give it one more shot.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jag64 said:

What an odd comment. Atari issued the warranty on the console it sold. Thus, it is technically their problem. They're doing nothing out of niceness; the company is honoring its contractual obligation to the end-user, per an agreement it created with the warranty. The guy isn't "ranting," and no one is forcing you to listen. If you can't help someone with their problem, move on. Why give someone a hard time that's already dealing with a broken product? Unless Infogrames, all the shell of Atari is now, is paying you to be an apologist, why are you so eager to show everyone you have no understanding of warranties?

It’s not our job to help him here, especially after he told us he bought it from Ebay and didn’t keep the original receipt. So I don’t know what more he expects and I don’t understand why he keeps coming here ranting like it’s Atari’s problem. Everybody knows you can’t get a product covered under warranty without the original receipt, and places like Ebay and Craigslist are not authorized retailers. That is a standard retail policy for any company. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, joeatari1 said:

It’s still not our job to help him here regardless of who’s fault it is. I can’t really feel sorry for him if he chose to buy his VCS from Ebay and didn’t keep the receipt. Or he thinks just because he’s an attorney he can game the system. So I would take anything he says with a grain of salt. It’s just creating unnecessary problems. He could’ve easily gotten his money back through Ebay and bought another one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Djmicklovin said:

It’s still not our job to help him here regardless of who’s fault it is. I can’t really feel sorry for him if he chose to buy his VCS from Ebay and didn’t keep the receipt. Or he thinks just because he’s an attorney he can game the system. So I would take anything he says with a grain of salt. It’s just creating unnecessary problems. He could’ve easily gotten his money back through Ebay and bought another one. 

So, what is this community here for then if we are not here to help one another?  Creators, technical assistants, help desk, hardware engineers, software engineers, players, manufacturers are all part of this community.  It may not be our job but it is the right thing to do and I will not hesitate to help someone that I think I can provide assistance to.  My base is limited as far as technical knowledge, but if I know how to solve a problem for someone then I will assist if I am asked (which is the case when posting on a public forum).

As for being an attorney, what does that have to do with the price of tea in China?  That's a pretty personal attack there to go along with a motive you can't substantiate.  I'd recommend that if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.  If you are so sensitive about others opinions and posts I would definitely not recommend going to the 2600, 5200 or heaven forbid.....the Jaguar forums!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, Djmicklovin said:

Why don't you stay in your own lane? You clearly have no idea how warranty's work and could win an Olympic gold medal for jumping to conclusions. Getting Atari to honor their contractual obligations is not "gaming the system".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, joeatari1 said:

So, what is this community here for then if we are not here to help one another?  Creators, technical assistants, help desk, hardware engineers, software engineers, players, manufacturers are all part of this community.  It may not be our job but it is the right thing to do and I will not hesitate to help someone that I think I can provide assistance to.  My base is limited as far as technical knowledge, but if I know how to solve a problem for someone then I will assist if I am asked (which is the case when posting on a public forum).

As for being an attorney, what does that have to do with the price of tea in China?  That's a pretty personal attack there to go along with a motive you can't substantiate.  I'd recommend that if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.  If you are so sensitive about others opinions and posts I would definitely not recommend going to the 2600, 5200 or heaven forbid.....the Jaguar forums!

I tried to help him and I literally offered solutions, and that is get your money back through Ebay. I don't know what more we can do. We don't work for Atari and we're not technical assistants. That's a nice thing to do, but it's not our job. So it's pointless to keep coming here ranting. At some point you have to tell it like it is and if it hurts some people's feelings, so be it.

I've already posted in the Jaguar forum a number of times without an issue. People need to stop getting so triggered over words. If anything it sounds like some of you people are triggered by something I said. If you think some of the things I say are offensive, I would hate for you to have to hear some of the things i've heard in the military. You wouldn't last even a day in Marine Corps boot camp. Talk to me about being sensitive after becoming a United States Marine which you'll never be.

• Haha 2

On 3/16/2022 at 12:40 AM, SoCalAttorney said:

eBay and uses, though not relevant from a legal standpoint with respect to the warranty. Either way, they did agree to replace it.

Well you are lucky and I always thought consumer protections were crappy in the States!  That just would not fly here for a used item off eBay, otherwise everyone would be doing it and then demanding new for old.  I bought my VCS off eBay used in December because Atari don't sell it here, but if it blew up tomorrow it's tough luck.  It's different if it was sold new by an official retailer via eBay, as it would buying from any online retailer here.

Anyway, kudos to you and I hope you enjoy your -new- VCS!

14 hours ago, THX-1138 said:

Well you are lucky and I always thought consumer protections were crappy in the States!  That just would not fly here for a used item off eBay, otherwise everyone would be doing it and then demanding new for old.  I bought my VCS off eBay used in December because Atari don't sell it here, but if it blew up tomorrow it's tough luck.  It's different if it was sold new by an official retailer via eBay, as it would buying from any online retailer here.

Anyway, kudos to you and I hope you enjoy your -new- VCS!

The new one isn't working properly either, but I'll post a new thread on that.

• Sad 1