IGNORED

Printer Interface – Research and Video

Lathe26

Printer Interface

The Intellivision gaming console had a computer upgrade called the Keyboard Component, which itself had a printer available for it.  The Printer Interface is the rare adapter that connected that printer to the Keyboard Component.

This deep-dive video covers A LOT of detail for the Printer Interface and what is currently known of its printer.  It is the culmination over almost 6 months of research which included working out the schematic and pouring over tiny minutia in the various manuals.

The schematic has been worked out.

KC Printer Interface Schematic v1.pdf

I would like thank @cmart604, @intvnut, and @decle for their help in this project.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Rev said:

Watched, thanks for the info.  

How rare is that printer?  Only a handful discovered right?

I think only 2 such printers have been found, and only 3 Printer Interfaces.  My Printer Interface might be the only one without a printer.

If my count is off, it's not by much.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lathe26 said:

Just curious what protector box you're using for the BASIC cartridge...

I think it came with the Keyboard and Software when I bought it. I'm checking now and will get back to you. 

It was a protector called “Marvel Legends 2 pack”, and measures: 11 1/16 x 9 1/16 x 2 9/16. We originally bought it for the Intellivision 10 plug n play, but repurposed it.  It’s not a perfect fit but not bad. From retroprotection.com

IMG_9072.thumb.jpeg.96611f4341f98cf3ed04fe25019fbd44.jpeg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BBWW said:

It was a protector called “Marvel Legends 2 pack”, and measures: 11 1/16 x 9 1/16 x 2 9/16. We originally bought it for the Intellivision 10 plug n play, but repurposed it.  It’s not a perfect fit but not bad. From retroprotection.com

IMG_9072.thumb.jpeg.96611f4341f98cf3ed04fe25019fbd44.jpeg

If you contact them and give them exact measurements you want, i bet they can make them for your games.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

If you contact them and give them exact measurements you want, i bet they can make them for your games.

Dan is great. Send him your measurements and he will check against what he has already as well. He doesn't post measurements as competitors will just steal them and start making them. I have not asked about a run of these to Keyboard Component specs. 

• Like 2