IGNORED

What Classic Game Was Your Childhood?

jbmindtrick

On 12/13/2021 at 7:22 AM, jbmindtrick said:

For my wife, it was Centipede. That was her arcade game. For me it was Dig Dug at home and Tempest in the Arcade. What was yours?

Wizard of Wor is my all time Atari 2600 classic game. I still have fond memories playing this game for hours with my twin brother and a friend. I still enjoy it on my 2600 and whenever I see it on arcades.

• Like 2

Mine is a little strange. We played the heck out of Micro League Baseball on the Atari 8-bit. Played entire seasons. And we had the disk that allowed you to create you own teams… Box Score and Stats Compiler? We would enter in the rosters of the last year’s MLB teams using Topps baseball cards.

As a kid, I had wooden bricks as a small kid, later Lego and Meccano, but my parents lived modestly.
In early teens, after my mum died, my dad got us as a TV-Sports console. Atari 2600 stayed a dream!

My first real video-gaming was on a ZX Spectrum (but I was programming it, more than playing games).
I had "Horace Goes Skiing" as my first game, I think, Christmas 1982. Many games were under £5/$8.

My first Atari was the 7800 after I got married, but I'd seen and admired the 2600-VCS when younger,
but the system and cartridges were too expensive; soon after, an Atari Lynx, and then an Atari Jaguar.

I think simple Combat, and Air/Sea Battle, are what I most wanted, though, on all those consoles, and
I look forward to any Combat: Recharged, if it would come along, but such Pong next-gen systems rule!

• Like 1