IGNORED

Is it possible to create these games for the 7800?

Gunther

1 hour ago, Cris1997XX said:

Alright, I've been a member of AA for what, two weeks? But I've noticed that some of the older members, especially programmers, always assault people who make threads like this. I know it got annoying real fast, but you should drop it too. It makes you kinda immature, you know? People won't stop asking if "x game" can be ported to the Atari 7800, even if you insult them or their mothers. So just let it goddamn slide. Thanks for coming to my TED talk

I really don't think the OP was "assaulted" for starting his game port ideas threads. One person posted a link to a post containing suggestions for those who wish to contribute game/port ideas. That was it.

• Like 4

I didn’t see any programmers attacking or name calling. One made a suggestion that even if OP wouldn’t take advantage of I sure as heck was going to and another talked about the backlog of work and how a suggestion actually got made by him before.  Initially there was a ton of posts that stated can x be ported to the 7800 and in all fairness, it was a bit annoying.  I’ve only been here a month and this has been one of the most welcoming communities I ever joined but I didn’t walk in the door asking what everybody could do for me either. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

I'll make this my last post.

I see why you've all reacted the way that you have.

I should have at least articulated a little better, and not tried (unintentionally) to spam the forum, so for that I do apologise.

I wasn't expecting anyone to consider doing anything outside of their immediate plans other to inform me of the 7800's abilities; nor did I intend to do so, but understandably that's how it looks.

Again, I'll apologise for that.

I'm sure the deep P.T.S.D will eventually subside...

Edited by Gunther

Side Note: Speaking of record deals as quoted earlier, I had been trying since I was 16 (1985) to get a record deal.  Called record companies, radio stations, went to Nashville, even submitted songs to something called "TAXI" for years (at $5 per submission, that's a lot of money).  I finally gave up in late 2017 and stopped playing/singing/writing all together.  Originally I did it because I loved doing it, but it eventually just became a reminder of my failure.  Some of the songs I had ready are in my signature below, but I guess my point is, don't rely heavily on anything in that field.  You will be disappointed. 

Edited by PacManPlus
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, PacManPlus said:

Side Note: Speaking of record deals as quoted earlier, I had been trying since I was 16 (1985) to get a record deal.  Called record companies, radio stations, went to Nashville, even submitted songs to something called "TAXI" for years (at $5 per submission, that's a lot of money).  I finally gave up in late 2017 and stopped playing/singing/writing all together.  Originally I did it because I loved doing it, but it eventually just became a reminder of my failure.  Some of the songs I had ready are in my signature below, but I guess my point is, don't rely heavily on anything in that field.  You will be disappointed. 

A friend of mines band has supported The Who on two UK tours, are loved by Wilco Johnson supported several other big name UK bands and not a sniff of a record deal.

The music industry sucks 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PacManPlus said:

I played from age 12-33 in bands cause I loved music. Giving up later on due to the amount of time it takes now I never play anymore.  You have to do it cause it brings you happiness not for any other reason. Who wants to be a drugged out egotistical loser anyway? A simple life is my goal.

This is the only social media I do. 

Most of the industry of music today is a failure. Very little has any talent as a busker in Vegas could blow away 85% of the "musicians" we hear on the radio without their 1 million dollar studio production. 

• Like 1