IGNORED

Atari Lynx Homebrew Games Completed/WIP in 2021

ZeroPage Homebrew

29 minutes ago, sage said:

no, i didnt want to invest the time for another demo. and clearly i wont put the final binary fro download.

I can fully understand! ? 

12 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Thanks @sage, was there an update binary released in 2021? It looks like 2020 was the last posted one.

- James

No, sorry, this would be beyond absurdity!

Edited by agradeneu
fixed replies
  • Thanks 1

LAST CALL for 2021!

I believe that all the games that were physically released, completed or had an updated WIP in 2021 have been accounted for! The cut off for being on this list was 11:59:59PM PT Dec 31, 2021. Please let me know if there are missing or inaccurate listings or if there is additional credit needed for a game that isn't there. Thank you all for your help in making this list as accurate and up to date as possible and catching errors when they appeared! ?

All the games from 2021 will now be processed for eligibility for the 4th Annual Atari Homebrew Awards and any new games this year will be added to the 2022 list! Happy New Year!

- James

• Like 4

I wish for happy end of this year! And thanks for adding the Lynx to the homebrew awards. Writing homebrew games and taking the Lynx to its limits is a nice hobby for us. Having an annual event where your work is recognized feels great!

There were many great games and demos in 2021. It will be interesting to see who the winner is. Personally I like puzzle games and rpg's.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Moved to WIP:

• 8bit-Slicks by Anthony Beaucamp @8bit-Dude, Andrew Fisher (Merman) (Music) | Demo Binary (20211205) | NOTE: Anticipated Q1 2022 Physical Release | Updated Jan 5, 2021

NOTE: @Songbird let me know that although the game is anticipated for a Q1 2022 physical release the game is not 100% completed and I've moved it to WIP accordingly. I will add it to the 2022 Lynx list once its status has changed.

- James

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sirlynxalot said:

What a rich homebrew and indie scene the lynx has. It doesn't even seem like an exaggeration that the number of such titles must be close to or more than the commercial library from the early 90s at this point.

I have overwhelmingly focused on Lynx homebrew this year, especially the latter half, and it really compares well in gameplay value, artwork, and production values. I don’t know if there’s a better or more earworm-y music track on the system as Carl’s title music for Centipede.

• Like 1