IGNORED

Arcade game cameo appearances! Characters/items from one game appearing in another.

retrorussell

I know how easy this topic is to respond to if you're thinking of a lot of Capcom vs. fighting games-- Ryu from Street Fighter appearing in, say, Marvel vs. Capcom or something-- and that's fine.  But also, various little icons that appeared/originated in other games, making cameo appearances!

I will start with a small number of Capcom usuals:

BARREL

large.barrel.png.cd347e69a8433fa4cfbdddd14c674065.png

This was originally from the Japan-only game PIRATE SHIP HIGEMARU.  It cameos in many Capcom games including 1943.  I think it gives you more weapon power/life in that game if I remember correctly.  It also holds weapons/bonus items/etc. in GUNSMOKE.

YASHICHI

large.yashichi.gif.988b23dab6bfc2ee49b42dcf439d7903.gif

This item often is very lucrative when you collect it, or it gives you a 1up.  This actually originally appeared as an enemy in the game VULGUS.  It is a red-and-white pinwheel type of icon based on a Japanese tv series called MITO KOMON.

COW

large_cow.png.54a4eb5f597699068e9e1af72fbd344c.png

Also known as HOLSTEIN, this I believe originally appeared in GUNSMOKE.  This later appeared in several other games like STRIDER and FORGOTTEN WORLDS.  Usually worth some nice bonus points.

DRAGONFLY

large.dragonfly.png.29923107598dfd94205269db2b7a4ee0.png

This originally appeared as an enemy in SON SON.  It would later usually appear as a bonus item in Capcom games and was worth some nice points.  It was in GUNSMOKE, 1943, and others.

WHITE STAR

A simple white star appeared in numerous Capcom games; usually bonus points.  It may have first been in GUNSMOKE.

BAMBOO

large.798549655_bamboosprout.jpg.e177b5345e9050ed432e74f980bcbf83.jpg

A sprout of bamboo first appeared in 1943.  It may have also appeared in BLACK TIGER and 1944: THE LOOP MASTER.  Either points or a POW, and you may have to shoot it to make it appear.

POW

large_POW.png.a7c80ff4120d69df241cd0bdef97dafd.png

Ah.. one of the most famous Capcom cameos!  First appeared in VULGUS.  Usually gives you a weapon power up, or points, or acts as a smart bomb, affecting/destroying all onscreen enemies.

What cameo items/characters can you think of that originated in one game, but appeared in another/others as well?

Edited by retrorussell
  • Like 1