IGNORED

I wonder if Atari is ever going to bring its Mobile games over to the VCS

The Helper

I'd like to see that as well! I know Atari partnered with WonderOS which I believe *could perhaps* provide an environment for mobile games on the VCS (I hope, though idk if that's why Atari partnered with them). Hopefully there's an announcement soon regarding proposed titles to the VCS such as the Tempest 4000 port and the Rollercoaster Tycoon port. I enjoyed the game Pong Quest by Atari on Steam and was a little surprised this game and others like the ones you mentioned weren't available by June 2021 when the VCS console first officially launched (in the U.S.). Imagine an Atari console system without both Centipede and Rollercoaster Tycoon?

https://atarivcs.medium.com/atari-and-wonder-join-forces-on-cross-platform-gaming-2c0f6867d448

• Like 2

It seems like they are keeping the modern Atari games apart from the VCS to keep it a retro console.  I think that is a mistake.  They should just be shoving content into the VCS so that owners have something to do.  They should not waste the development they made on those mobile games they would all work on the VCS imho.

Edited by The Helper
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris Brockman said:

It seems like they are keeping the modern Atari games apart from the VCS to keep it a retro console.  I think that is a mistake.  They should just be shoving content into the VCS so that owners have something to do.  They should not waste the development they made on those mobile games they would all work on the VCS imho.

Agree totally. Ninja Golf, Avicii, Castles and Catapults, and the RC Tycoon games would all work amazingly IMO and be great adds. I got the VCS expecting those to be launched on it eventually, and was disappointed they weren't on it. A huge opportunity missing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had lots of fun with Lunar Battle on my Android device several years ago. I'd like to see that one come over. I remember a presentation from a few years back showing it was to be ported over to PC. I guess they had a change of plans. 

They should consider porting over Yars' Revenge: First War. I always thought that game was a perfect evolution of the original's gameplay.