IGNORED

I have a new restoration blog of a Bally Arcade

Gunstar

If anyone is interested, the blog covers the restoration of a Montgomery Ward branded Bally Professional Arcade. This "blog" is only new here, and was extrapolated from a thread I did on the restoration a couple of years ago on another forum. Some of you may have already seen it there, I know @ballyalley saw it on the other forum and a few others. It was never completely finished, which I will be doing this winter and adding to the blog, however, it's only building a new DIY replacement PSU and a video upgrade left to do to the console, and repairing the controllers. And I *may* have found someone to buy an original PSU from, they say they have extras and are willing to loan me one for testing, so I asked about buying, but just now, so we'll see.

Ignore the picture of the Coco computer, I have many blogs and only one picture I can use in the blog menu, that also shows up at the top of every blog. If someone knows how I can get a different picture at the top of each blog entry, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Gunstar said:

If anyone is interested, the blog covers the restoration of a Montgomery Ward branded Bally Professional Arcade. This "blog" is only new here, and was extrapolated from a thread I did on the restoration a couple of years ago on another forum.

It great to see you continue restoring this Bally Arcade system.  I posted about this topic to the Astrocade discussion group, here:

https://groups.io/g/ballyalley/topic/bally_arcade_restoration_blog/87863165

Good luck!

Adam

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have finished restoring my Bally Professional Arcade and have completed the restoration blog.

I just have to add one more picture showing the finished Bally controller(s) that needed broken case repair to look like new again. A common stress point and area that breaks on these controllers, I know because both of mine are broken in the same spot and someone sent me their Bally controller cases too, to repair, identically broken. The case was repainted today and I'll re-assemble the controller and add a photo of it to the blog tomorrow.