IGNORED

Mattel HyperScan Fan Thread

sixersfan105

I received my HyperScan earlier today- it came with X-men, 6 cards, and a controller. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get any audio out of it. If I plug it in (and wait through the long loading screens!) I can scan a character and get into a fight on X-men. So the disc reads, audio works, controller works, and scanning works- just not the video.

Has anyone else had any luck repairing this? As I understand it's not an uncommon problem. The a/v cables are hard-wired in, unfortunately. I opened it up and they didn't appear to be loose at the connection, so I'm not quite sure how to proceed from here.

• Confused 1

I found one of these out in the wild a couple years ago. It was just the console by itself with one controller and all of its cables, untested. Seller was asking $20 for it so I took it. Been meaning to track down a game for it but I also know you need the cards to play it so I haven't really bothered with it yet. Maybe someday?

3 hours ago, LesWaycool said:

I received my HyperScan earlier today- it came with X-men, 6 cards, and a controller. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get any audio out of it. If I plug it in (and wait through the long loading screens!) I can scan a character and get into a fight on X-men. So the disc reads, audio works, controller works, and scanning works- just not the video.

Has anyone else had any luck repairing this? As I understand it's not an uncommon problem. The a/v cables are hard-wired in, unfortunately. I opened it up and they didn't appear to be loose at the connection, so I'm not quite sure how to proceed from here.

Ugh that stinks. Do you not have audio or video? You contradict yourself a bit 😉 I don't have any suggestions other than perhaps a bit of contact/electronic cleaner on the board itself? It's likely that a trace is messed up on the board and solder is your only recourse. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Radio F Software said:

I found one of these out in the wild a couple years ago. It was just the console by itself with one controller and all of its cables, untested. Seller was asking $20 for it so I took it. Been meaning to track down a game for it but I also know you need the cards to play it so I haven't really bothered with it yet. Maybe someday?

Shoot me a PM and I'll hook you up for cheaper than eBay. Keep in mind that boxed game packs come with six cards, which is more than enough to get a feel for the game, etc. 

1 hour ago, sixersfan105 said:

Ugh that stinks. Do you not have audio or video? You contradict yourself a bit 😉 I don't have any suggestions other than perhaps a bit of contact/electronic cleaner on the board itself? It's likely that a trace is messed up on the board and solder is your only recourse. 

Whoops! I have audio, but no video. 

I'll give that a try- I've already got it opened up and it can't hurt. Thanks!

• Like 1