IGNORED

HSC18 Round 21: SPECIAL DELIVERY

therealbountybob

SPECIAL DELIVERY

post-19705-129315741713_thumb.pngspecial_delivery.png.ebd61719139d1970a696f4429a041984.png

Shock eh?!!

Download: Fandal has xex version

How to play: Collect the pressies, avoid the red ones, clouds, lightning, get the target amount, land on roof, scuttle down the chimney (can use diagonals), deliver presents, get key, get out, repeat. If you don't make the target go on a festive bombing run as a consolation :)

Pressing fire sets the difficulty - start on the default level (Target 5). After each go you need to reset this.

Press Start until the status bar appeas, then push Up on the joystick to take off.

As well as score. play for target delivered 5-10 I think, and see how many you can do

Scoring: 5pts for 1st place down to 1pt for playing, [full HSC points] plus 1pts for every extra player (friends/family/random person rounded up from the street...) you post a score for!

Short round will end New Year's Day and we'll go into the final game of the season then, poll will start soon... <<<POLL OPEN>>>

Merry Christmas HSCer's :party:

trbb

And if you want a bonus game then checkout Big Bird's Special Delivery and report back!!

big_birds_special_delivery.png.a89457d03d4614734774e0616f8d6c63.png

:grin:

Edited by therealbountybob

1 hour ago, McKong said:

7550 - Quite a nice game. The difficulty ramps up

The game doesn't seem to reset properly if you restart. The target and the hours reset, but the difficulty seems not to. I had to reset my machine

Yes great game. Press fire to set starting level, it remembers where  you were at I think. Start on Target 5 the default each go. I'll update the first post. Also players try and deliver the presents and when you post scores say what target you achieved - I delivered 5,6 and 7 but failed on 8 mainly as I was messing around with the fireballs and singed more than my beard :o

9.200 (T7 done)
SpecialD.thumb.jpg.d226d01b77c7b2ab4bec225eda628ad8.jpg

• Like 2

I will admit I am surprised (I couldn't figure out why I hadn't seen a poll yet LOL).

Definitely a fun game I've played before.  Love the incentive to get my kids or family to play.  My teenage boys are great at the Call of Dutys and whatnot, but watching them struggle with a joystick and a single button comes with a lot of laughter from everybody.

• Like 1

Special Delivery:  14,850.  Fun game and definitely room for improvement on my part.  

Big Bird's Special Delivery is just a simple matching game for children.  There's no scoring and the only way to end the game is to turn the computer off.  :)

There's no way to score this for HSC points

Special Delivery 14850.png

• Like 2

The score leaves too quick to take a pic!  But I managed to finish target 10 once and *finally* got a chance to try delivering a 2nd time but the fireplace messed me up.

I might try with a Wico as the diagonal in the fireplace seems to be hit and miss with my Atari joystick.  Having said that I was still able to complete 10 as I said, just by moving left/right at the right times.

Edited by 8BIT 1337
  • Like 2

No score update for me but I *did* manage to get my 3 children to play today.  (Ila 10, Evan 15, Alex 17)

Evan:  2500 points, target 5

Ila: 6550 points, target 6

Alex:  9000 points, target 7

So much fun.  I played through the 5 target level to show them what to do.  Neglected to mention avoiding clouds because of course I didn't hit anything.

Evan was up first and almost immediately hit a cloud.  His game ended pretty quickly but he was the first to go.

Ila  was next and we essentially stopped her at 6550 because she could *not* hit the target and would have gone on indefinitely I think if we hadn't (she *did* enjoy it :) )

Alex went last and did best of course, being oldest and having seen the others go first.  

All in all it was a great Xmas tradition we started this year :)

PXL_20211225_164445064.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Deteacher said:

Anyone else run into the issue of picking up a good package and being penalized for it?  I was clearly away from any clouds and I'd pick up a yellow/white package and the game acted as if I hit a cloud.  Couldn't get past 9 targets because of this.  :(

Can't say that i have..

But i was killed by a door who was closing at me in the house?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Deteacher said:

Anyone else run into the issue of picking up a good package and being penalized for it?  I was clearly away from any clouds and I'd pick up a yellow/white package and the game acted as if I hit a cloud.  Couldn't get past 9 targets because of this.  :(

No, I haven't seen that