IGNORED

Rally Racers (in VCS Store)

justclaws

1 hour ago, livingonwheels said:

I'm putting quite a lot of time into this game, more so than any other VCS release I believe. 100%ing the game with all gold trophies can get addicting. But I don't think this game can handle couch co op. There are certain tracks where the framerate tanks. Possible into the single digits it seems. No way they can split the screen to accommodate even 1 more player.  Anyone know how this game performs on the Nintendo Switch? Am I incorrect in assuming that the Atari VCS is more powerful than the Nintendo Switch?

The main reason the games frame is dropping is due to the game not being very well optimised for the VCS it plays the exact same on the Nintendo Switch I own both version however it does seem to run a little smoother on the Switch. This game should be nothing for the VCS to handle. I’ve had Doom Eternal running on my VCS In PC mode at 720p with a good playable frame rate and that’s a far more demanding game than this lol it’s just a rush port not really taking advantage of the VCS, hopefully with some software patches for the game it will sort the issues out I’ve been running into a lot of bugs the further into the game I get but it’s a good fun game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

The main reason the games frame is dropping is due to the game not being very well optimised for the VCS it plays the exact same on the Nintendo Switch I own both version however it does seem to run a little smoother on the Switch. This game should be nothing for the VCS to handle. I’ve had Doom Eternal running on my VCS In PC mode at 720p with a good playable frame rate and that’s a far more demanding game than this lol it’s just a rush port not really taking advantage of the VCS, hopefully with some software patches for the game it will sort the issues out I’ve been running into a lot of bugs the further into the game I get but it’s a good fun game. 

Don't hope for it, Atari is unfortunately very bad in this. Think that D/Generation since it came out, is in the store with a bug that does not allow you to finish it. I've been soliciting them for a month, and the author of the game who sent him the correct version is doing so too. To this day they still haven't put it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

51 minutes ago, SabertoothRetro said:

I really got sucked into Rally Racers. Despite its flaws it is fun and offers a good amount of content for 9.99.

Yeah, I am working on the review myself at this point but will be playing more of it first. It does not give a good first impression, but once you spend a bit into the vehicle upgrades and your steering and speed improve the game comes together pretty nicely.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mockduck said:

Yeah, I am working on the review myself at this point but will be playing more of it first. It does not give a good first impression, but once you spend a bit into the vehicle upgrades and your steering and speed improve the game comes together pretty nicely.

It's an OK game.   I've seen other indie games implement the same concept better.   For instance, the physics feel weird.

Also I've noticed that a lot of the powerups don't seem to function (or I don't know how to use them)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had a bizarre glitch come up in this game. On the second "villain chase" challenge the screen shows the track features like the trees and numbers and my car but everything is otherwise blue. I can't drive, as it says that I am off track, and I can't see any track anyways. I was tempted to uninstall and reinstall as you can't skip levels. Anyone else have this come up?

2 hours ago, Atarick said:

I had a bizarre glitch come up in this game. On the second "villain chase" challenge the screen shows the track features like the trees and numbers and my car but everything is otherwise blue. I can't drive, as it says that I am off track, and I can't see any track anyways. I was tempted to uninstall and reinstall as you can't skip levels. Anyone else have this come up?

I ran into the exact same issue and unfortunately the only way for me to progress was to delete my game save data and uninstall/reinstall the game, I pretty much tried everything else beforehand but had no luck!. I have now completed the game and had no other majour glitches other than poor frame rate in certain tracks and a weird sound glitch. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Atarick said:

This happened to me too. I went back and completed the immediately preceding race again and was then able to proceed.

• Like 1

I noticed another bug. In the levels of the Canyon the shots or the protection is not displayed on the screen even though they are active. So the wind gun is displayed I throw the blower, the cars in front of me clear the road but the breath does not appear. Same with the protection, I see on the roof of the vehicle the small blue antenna but I do not see the protective dome. Not a big deal in itself all this but if it can be corrected

• Like 1

Just now, RadiATIon said:

I noticed another bug. In the levels of the Canyon the shots or the protection is not displayed on the screen even though they are active. So the wind gun is displayed I throw the blower, the cars in front of me clear the road but the breath does not appear. Same with the protection, I see on the roof of the vehicle the small blue antenna but I do not see the protective dome. Not a big deal in itself all this but if it can be corrected... 

• 2 weeks later...

Love Rally Racers, I also ran into that problem with the second Droog's Challenge landscape not loading and the vehicles just falling away.  Who do bug reports go to and how are they made?  Do Atari request bug fixes from the developer or do we contact the dev and ask them to push the update to Atari? 

(Also, on the subject of bugs - anyone else notice the Discord app isn't working, it offers an Ubuntu or tarball package to download but obviously that method doesn't work.)

• 3 weeks later...