IGNORED

What Atari VCS games did you play over the Christmas Holiday?

ColecoGamer

I’ve spent a lot of my time playing Asteroids: Recharged and Sydney Hunter and the Curse of the Mayan over the Christmas Holiday weekend.

Asteroids:Recharged is addicting, but also very challenging at the same time. The one life game mechanics really adds to the game’s replay value. I’m constantly saying, “Ok, just one more game.” every time I lose, just to see if I can top my previous score.

Sydney Hunter is another game that I love playing on the VCS. The platforming runs at the right speed, and most of the obstacles are fairly easy to navigate through. Those bats are the bane of my existence, though! Lol If you don’t time your attacks accordingly, they will definitely mess you up.

Everything else about the game is top-notch. I especially enjoy searching for secrets inside the walls to find hidden coins and the occasional Crystal Skull.

With that said, who else played games on their VCS over the Christmas weekend? And what games were they?

• Like 4

I mainly played Asteroids Recharged and Centipede Recharged, Pedra and then ended up playing the older 2600 games in the Vault over the weekend as I had family and friends visiting who I hadn’t seen in years who where eager to finally see and test out the VCS so a good time was had. I pretty much ended up showing of most of the games in my library but the above where the most popular over the weekend. 

• Like 2

I'm off for the week and not entertaining relatives anymore (they left late yesterday) so I'm playing games I picked up on sale. Today it was Mad Age, Super Mash, Boulder Dash and Mutizione.

Mad Age was a great surprise and I've enjoyed it a lot so far. I'm in the middle or the Arctic levels. Well worth the low cost of entry.

Boulder Dash is fun but the art style is just horrendous. I'm getting strong mobile vibes from this one that I'm having trouble shaking.

Super Mash is an interesting concept but none of the mashes have been very good so far.

I am enjoying Mutizione a lot. The pacing is slow but that's appropriate for this type of game. I wish that the buttons/menus were mapped correctly. Otherwise,  an interesting title.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...