IGNORED

Centurion Power Supply Question

I got the same psu from the same company , but have been unable to make it work on either my 1040stf or my 1040ste. Both machines work fine with the oem psu’s. But not with this one, I really want both to get new psu’s but now I’m not so sure about this one?!

Anyone see something that I have done wrong here? Hope there it’s me and not the psu ?B0CCE42E-ABE5-4404-BB26-463C395CE638.thumb.jpeg.9a69f70616d867bdeb2c8727414b608a.jpeg82CC274E-6AD4-4B9E-9C55-AC7F1F3CC090.thumb.jpeg.14f5131ef808d2959beb07d5d01a5172.jpeg881E6107-9E03-4771-BDFD-40DE6C8E9150.thumb.jpeg.30c0d5c4783843af19ab78e8ce15c3e2.jpeg

• 1 month later...
On 1/8/2022 at 9:30 PM, Joelolzen said:

I got the same psu from the same company , but have been unable to make it work on either my 1040stf or my 1040ste. Both machines work fine with the oem psu’s. But not with this one, I really want both to get new psu’s but now I’m not so sure about this one?!

Anyone see something that I have done wrong here? Hope there it’s me and not the psu ?

That looks correct according to this thread and the official documentation.  Did you ever get it working?

Joelolzen : It's not you.

My STe would pause ( not turn on right away ) when I turned it on. The computer would run, then shut down after a while.

It shut down in the middle of Sea of Color Demo, and also when playing some mods with Siruis player.

I put the re-capped original back in.

Maybe the the SP34 base / switch I used was faulty? I rigged mine just like yours..

I'm friggon grateful it didn't fry my machine..

Edited by Paul Westphal

Just now, Paul Westphal said:

My STe would pause ( not turn on right away ) when I turned it on. The computer would run, then shut down after a while. I put the re-capped original back in.

Maybe the the SP34 base / switch I used was faulty? I rigged mine just like yours..

Uh oh, I havent reassembled mine with the Centurion supply in it yet... not sounding good.

On 2/25/2022 at 4:47 PM, Paul Westphal said:

My STe would pause ( not turn on right away ) when I turned it on. The computer would run, then shut down after a while.

It shut down in the middle of Sea of Color Demo, and also when playing some mods with Siruis player.

I put the re-capped original back in.

I'm friggon grateful it didn't fry my machine..

I gave up, bought a “meanwell” psu off of eBay and it works fine. Both my st and ste works fine with the oem psu(and the meanwell) but neither of them with the centuriontech one , my intentions was to retire the oem psu, of old age, simply to be safe .

Edited by Joelolzen

21 hours ago, Joelolzen said:

I gave up, bought a “meanwell” psu off of eBay and it works fine. Both my st and ste works fine with the oem psu(and the meanwell) but neither of them with the centuriontech one , my intentions was to retire the oem psu, of old age, simply to be safe .

Gotcha.  Which MeanWell did you end up using, and were you able to mount it right to the plate?

6 hours ago, tuf said:

Gotcha.  Which MeanWell did you end up using, and were you able to mount it right to the plate?

I got this One off of eBay

Mean Well RD-50A-VP Enclosed Switching AC-to-DC Power Supply, Dual Output, 5V-12

Works like a charm , tested extensively!

fits quite nicely in there on the plate with two screws on the underside.

Forgive me for being lazy with wiring colors ?

51076F34-7121-4639-B80D-B87336C2AF96.jpeg

6083F2D8-D61A-441D-B880-7FA2E3B9F399.jpeg