IGNORED

Microvaders for Atari Lynx

Songbird

It's going to be an expensive week in Retro gaming this week....

Firstly we have the Analogue Pocket adapters on the 21st (and i might finally get around to ordering a dock) and then on top of that we have Microvaders for the Lynx on the 25th!

Hey Songbird, how did Portland go? Did it take long for Microvaders to sell out? (I imagine it sold out on the first day?)

• Like 2

Ordered! Can't wait to check it out!

Not gonna lie, it's going to hurt to wait the two weeks for it to arrive!

Was hoping for a nice box with cover art, but understand it's a prototype so i assume that's why it's cart only?

As backers can we have a say/vote for the final cover art etc? :)

Edited by WesleyrpgAust
added info
  • Like 2

The reworking of the game's original graphics looks great, and the attention obvious attention to detail in the game itself. These things reflect the kind of people and projects I'm grateful to be associated with. This is definitely a must have for Lynx owners, just for those cool little exploding particle effects :)

Thanks to Carl at @Songbird for the opportunity to be a part of this project. Looking forward to playing this myself when its ready.  In the meantime enjoy the time lapsed creation of the game's official box art.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, BitJag said:

The reworking of the game's original graphics looks great, and the attention obvious attention to detail in the game itself. These things reflect the kind of people and projects I'm grateful to be associated with. This is definitely a must have for Lynx owners, just for those cool little exploding particle effects :)

Thanks to Carl at @Songbird for the opportunity to be a part of this project. Looking forward to playing this myself when its ready.  In the meantime enjoy the time lapsed creation of the game's official box art.

Wow, I love this stuff. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to the CIB!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, BitJag said:

That's amazing @BitJag, especially to someone like me that has absolutely zero artistic skills!

@Songbird - the game arrived today, just had a quick 5 minute play.  Looks incredible on the McWill screen!  Definitely looking forward to spending some time with this.

• Like 3

My gosh, that box art designer has some real talent there! Loved that 8 minute video!

I wonder if we're at the start of something truly special here. Perhaps a port to Atari Jaguar, 2600, 5200 and 7800?

Looking forward to receiving the Preview version in the post soon!

I don't have a Lynx with a McWill screen, looking forward to seeing this pretty game on an Analogue Pocket at the end of next year!

Edited by WesleyrpgAust
  • Like 3

On 11/4/2022 at 2:58 AM, BitJag said:

Wow! So nice to see this video. I have been using Blender on and off since it was made Open Source ages ago. And it is nice to see a talented artist use the new nodes to create stunning graphics with it.

The original Blender code was actually purchased when the company went bankrupt 40 years ago by enthusiasts (like me) who put their own money to buy the sources out of the bankrupty of the Dutch company. It is nice to see that the effort was not wasted. What a cool tool it is today.

PS. I have wonderful William Thorup Lynx art on my wall. And it is just GREAT!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, karri said:

Wow! So nice to see this video. I have been using Blender on and off since it was made Open Source ages ago. And it is nice to see a talented artist use the new nodes to create stunning graphics with it.

The original Blender code was actually purchased when the company went bankrupt 40 years ago by enthusiasts (like me) who put their own money to buy the sources out of the bankrupty of the Dutch company. It is nice to see that the effort was not wasted. What a cool tool it is today.

PS. I have wonderful William Thorup Lynx art on my wall. And it is just GREAT!

Thanks @karri!  I haven't been using Blender from that far back, but it has been my goto tool for everything from modeling, animation, video editing, vfx/compositing, and illustration since 2007.  It's incredible to see what is has come from, and each year is becomes an even more useful tool.  Because it's completely open source and free, it makes it really easy to recommend to others as well :D 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Songbird said:

So has anyone here made it to the new enemy or the teasers yet? :D

Songbird.....no spoilers! This time PIRATE SHIP are being incredibly slow with my Package of Microvaders, and by the looks of it, i won't get it for at least another week or two!

(I'm assuming that they must of been so excited on getting their hands on the Preview and decided to open and play it themselves!)

Hopefully it arrives soon! :-D