IGNORED

FT Dark Tower and others, how do they differ?

KayBee

Hi All, If I had a Vectrex I would have bought the Dark Tower cart from SK right away. The DT boardgame has always kind of been my white whale. Anyway, since I have to use files instead, I have seen several named files out there. What is the definitive file to play via Vectrex emulation? And secondly, what makes Mr. Tafts different enough to be mentioned here and there. 

Thank you.

KB

• Like 2

I don’t think Sean Kelly’s completed version is available digitally. Your best bet would be to buy a cart and extract the rom for your own use. If you don’t need to play the completed version, any old rom should be fine.

I am not sure what the “Fred Taft hack” mentioned here is: https://www.digitpress.com/faq/vectrex.htm

Fred fixed a lot of bugs in original games and was a huge contributor to the Vectrex scene early on, but his site is down and I don’t know how he is doing…

Ah, that is interesting. I never thought of that, I want to support SK, so that sounds like a plan, In a way, it’s a shame to buy a dumper for 1 cart. I am also the kind of person who would never distribute it.

thanks for the information.

KB