IGNORED

CollectorVision Experience Club 2022

retroillucid

I just want to add my voice to the chorus of how stupendous the club membership games and magazine are this year.  The presentation and quality are beyond reproach and I'm absolutely stunned and delighted with them all.  The packaging design and presentation for one of the games in particular is simply outstanding (you know which one I mean).  All I can do is give everyone involved a huge round of applause 👏👏👏👏👏👏

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Both of the secret games don't work on my CV console. Is there a U.S. address to send them to get fixed? I really don't want to send them to Canada and spend all that money for international since there was no way they could of been tested. The pins were so dirty and are these new boards? They kind of look like older used boards? 

• Sad 1

On 9/26/2022 at 7:53 PM, timmy2tone said:

Quick ? all 3 games work on my phoenix, but only 2 on my CV.. This happened last year as well. Any Ideas.

2 hours ago, AtariBrian said:

Both of the secret games don't work on my CV console. Is there a U.S. address to send them to get fixed? I really don't want to send them to Canada and spend all that money for international since there was no way they could of been tested. The pins were so dirty and are these new boards? They kind of look like older used boards? 

Sorry to hear this, I guess things can happen :(
We always use brand new parts

But no worries, we'll take care of it, just contact Toby (coleco_master)

Again, sorry

• Like 1

On 9/28/2022 at 8:26 AM, retroillucid said:

Sorry to hear this, I guess things can happen :(
We always use brand new parts

But no worries, we'll take care of it, just contact Toby (coleco_master)

Again, sorry

this year was great for the club. unfortunately the same thing happened to me too, I have already contacted Toby also sending photos and videos, maybe they can help to understand the problem. I thank you for the commitment and the passion you put into keeping alive the dream of a child of now .. 52 years old;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So this morning I come home after undergoing 3 hours of evasive dental work and find a package of goodies at my door lol

I really want to thank the folks at Collectorvision and show appreciation for sending the package as well as their hard work in general putting it all together.

As far as the actual contents....all I can say is top notch!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mine came in the mail a few days ago,  but I've been so busy catching up on some things,  I haven't had time to open it.

I'm still catching up on things, but tomorrow is a day off so...(Fingers crossed)

After I mow my lawn, pay some bills and make some phone calls...I'll be checking it out!

It's a perfect reward,  like when I was a kid, and wouldn't play ColecoVision until I'd done my homework. :)

Cheers!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dutch Colecovision Fan said:

I suppose when you haven't received the tracking code by email the games haven't been shipped yet?

No, they are being shipped and the tracking codes aren't being sent out, although they do all have tracking codes. If you have concerns I am sure you can contact Toby at Collectorvision and he can help you out.

Edited by zaphro72
clarity
  • Thanks 1

What an incredible package and I’ve yet to play any of the games yet. The thought that was put into the secret game and amazing idea of how to package the game just blows me away. This “Collectors Edition” packaging puts the modern day “Collectors Edition” packaging to shame with real thought of how to make it truly special. Thanks CollectorVision!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The package wasn't shipped to the usual address, so it was waiting for clearance. Today I have collected it and now I am sitting with a big smile on the couch with the knowledge that I know now what the other members already knew. It's beyond expectations! Thanks for making it possible to enjoy such awesome games!

And love the articles in the magazine. Very well done!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I got my package a few weeks ago...  Opened it, pushed away some packing peanuts and reached in.  My fingers hit a box and I pulled out 2 games. 

OH!  Collectorvision club games.  COOL!  Packaging etc. into my collection of boxes / packing peanuts / etc.

Looked at the two games and was impressed.  Took them to my office and set them next to a few other games I still need to try out (from months ago...😳)

Three / four days later I start reading this tread...

3 games???  HUH?

Went and found the package and...

WOW third game!  Super Cool.

Glad I don't throw the box etc away immediately!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

There seems to be a bug in the game with the extra packaging. In the first level if you are hit by a projectile, when you begin playing again your character constantly pulls down on the screen unless you are pressing up. But then your character moves up. There is no way just move horizontally with no vertical movement after you take a hit. Making the game much more difficult. And if you make it to the 2nd level, this behavior continues. The only way to stop it seems to be to reset. 

I confirmed this on my Phoenix and real Coleco, and a different controller on each.

Has any one else noticed this?

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, nick3092 said:

There seems to be a bug in the game with the extra packaging. In the first level if you are hit by a projectile, when you begin playing again your character constantly pulls down on the screen unless you are pressing up. But then your character moves up. There is no way just move horizontally with no vertical movement after you take a hit. Making the game much more difficult. And if you make it to the 2nd level, this behavior continues. The only way to stop it seems to be to reset. 

I confirmed this on my Phoenix and real Coleco, and a different controller on each.

Has any one else noticed this?

Both of my secret games will not play on my two original Coleco consoles. I am sending mine in for repair this week. I will hopefully try them on a Phoenix before I send them out and see if happens with mine. Maybe the bug can get fixed. Should let Toby know as this would be a major bug issue.