IGNORED

New RUSH pinball coming out?

Keatah

I just had to google up what Rush played. I remember about 4 seconds of that one Tom Sawyer song from those scrolly TV commercials for compilation albums. They "rock," probably.

Here I was coming in here thinking 'what else would this be? But 'San Francisco Rush' pinball.' It's fine, they'll just call it 'Rush pinball,' so they don't alienate fans of the 2nd and 4th games. Maybe it'll have lots of timed 'shortcut' ramps and jumps that can be taken numerous directions--most of which are very wrong.  Maybe a car on the playfield so extreme that it's locked in a cage and a keypad gimmick for tracking total score. -"It's Dangerous!" "Doin' time. Doin' time on the Rock" "What's your name?--nothing nasty now"

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Reaperman said:

I just had to google up what Rush played. I remember about 4 seconds of that one Tom Sawyer song from those scrolly TV commercials for compilation albums. They "rock," probably.

Reaperman,

Just a few seconds of your time...Behold my favorite RUSH song!  (and of course Every RUSH fan will have a different one).  You just might like the nice 80's feel of this video (1982) and since I think it really clicks if you have the lyrics, I'll include them too!  If not no biggie,  Just...At your leisure,  No RUSH ya might say (Groan,  sorry... sorry).  Lemme know what ya think!

Subdivisions

Available on Signals

Music: Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson
Lyrics: Neil Peart

Sprawling on the fringes of the city
In geometric order
An insulated border
In between the bright lights
And the far unlit unknown

Growing up it all seems so one-sided
Opinions all provided
The future pre-decided
Detached and subdivided
In the mass production zone

Nowhere is the dreamer
Or the misfit so alone

Subdivisions —
In the high school halls
In the shopping malls
Conform or be cast out
Subdivisions —
In the basement bars
In the backs of cars
Be cool or be cast out
Any escape might help to smooth
The unattractive truth
But the suburbs have no charms to soothe
The restless dreams of youth

Drawn like moths we drift into the city
The timeless old attraction
Cruising for the action
Lit up like a firefly
Just to feel the living night

Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight

Somewhere out of a memory
Of lighted streets on quiet nights…

PS  One of the comments was about loving life playing Atari and eating pizza,  not realizing the popular jocks across town had parties with beer,  and real girls there haha...

• Like 2

This is pretty awesome, but I find Stern's machines to usually be kind of bland.
Hopefully this one's good, I think I remember AC/DC being alright?

7 hours ago, Reaperman said:

TIME TO EDUCATE YOURSELF :0

Also, you can't just listen to "Rush Greatest Hits", I tried that and they just didn't grab me...you really have to listen to the actual albums in context.

Besides, if you listen to Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures, you've got most of their "greatest hits" already.

Or at least a live album, maybe.

4 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

You just might like the nice 80's feel of this video (1982)...

Plus, the kid's playing Tempest ;)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Asaki said:

This is pretty awesome, but I find Stern's machines to usually be kind of bland.
Hopefully this one's good, I think I remember AC/DC being alright?

AC/DC is among Stern's most lauded music titles.  There is a Queen pinball machine in development(not by Stern, but someone else), it may be launching later this year.

Music pins from Stern if anyone cares (release dates are as best as I can recall):

-AC/DC (2012)

-Aerosmith (2017)

-Elvis Presley (2004)

-Heavy Metal (2020; limited run release)

-Iron Maiden (2018)

-KISS (2015) 

-Led Zeppelin (2021)

-Metallica (2013)

-Primus (2018, limited run release)

-Rush (2022)

-The Beatles (2018)

-The Rolling Stones (2011)

Black Knight: Sword of Rage could technically be called a music pin as it had music done by the guitarist for Anthrax and VO performed by the front man for Barenaked Ladies.  Also, Guardians of the Galaxy plays a bunch of 1960s & 70s "mix tape" rock

Edited by Shaggy the Atarian
  • Thanks 1

I play the hell out of that Iron Maiden Pinball!!!  It's Excellent!  It's out at the Ice Center (kind of an Ice Skating/Lazer Tag/Bumper Cars/Mini Golf/Convention Center kind of place...)  My friend owns that one and has AC/DC and Metallica too,  and I'm sure he has others, I'm not remembering right now...I should snap a pic next time I'm out there :)

• Like 2

Metallica and Iron Maiden look great to me because they have proper hand-drawn/painted artwork. AC/DC doesn't look as good graphically because it looks more like just arrangements of standard photos, although I think there's a special edition ("Luci") that has alternate comic-style art at least on the backglass and sides of the cabinet. Led Zeppelin is largely based on album art so, it's not bad but the original illustration elements aren't that great. I'll be interested to see what Rush looks like. With the prices they are charging for these tables they should certainly commission some killer artists.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2022 at 1:39 PM, GoldLeader said:

Reaperman,

Just a few seconds of your time...Behold my favorite RUSH song!  (and of course Every RUSH fan will have a different one).  You just might like the nice 80's feel of this video (1982) and since I think it really clicks if you have the lyrics, I'll include them too!  If not no biggie,  Just...At your leisure,  No RUSH ya might say (Groan,  sorry... sorry).  Lemme know what ya think!

Subdivisions

Available on Signals

Music: Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson
Lyrics: Neil Peart

Sprawling on the fringes of the city
In geometric order
An insulated border
In between the bright lights
And the far unlit unknown

Growing up it all seems so one-sided
Opinions all provided
The future pre-decided
Detached and subdivided
In the mass production zone

Nowhere is the dreamer
Or the misfit so alone

Subdivisions —
In the high school halls
In the shopping malls
Conform or be cast out
Subdivisions —
In the basement bars
In the backs of cars
Be cool or be cast out
Any escape might help to smooth
The unattractive truth
But the suburbs have no charms to soothe
The restless dreams of youth

Drawn like moths we drift into the city
The timeless old attraction
Cruising for the action
Lit up like a firefly
Just to feel the living night

Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight

Somewhere out of a memory
Of lighted streets on quiet nights…

PS  One of the comments was about loving life playing Atari and eating pizza,  not realizing the popular jocks across town had parties with beer,  and real girls there haha...

This is my favorite Rush song, as well.  The lyrics and instrumentals always hit me with multiple emotions.  A state of bittersweet nostalgia probably best describes it.

As for this Stern soundtrack, I'm still clueless as to why the hell The Body Electric was left out.  I'm no historian of the band but I can't think of many Rush songs more appropriate for a pinball machine.

• Like 1

I don't know if I remember seeing a playlist...Oh wait I do remember some songs on there,...So I must have seen it haha...The real question:  Is SUBDIVISIONS on the list or not?  Even as RUSH have a ton of Killer songs...As absolutely silly as this sounds (and I've had some beer on an empty stomach so I may or may not make sense), if Subdivisions is on the Playlist,  I'll start saving NOW,  with the goal of buying this pinball game sometime before I'm in the grave, (Probably)...But I have other goals and money is TIGHT right now (emphasis on Tight!!)...  Hell I'm so broke I can't even pay attention.  Heh...Guy I used to work with always said that....I know it's retarded...I don't recall seeing it on the Playlist yet, but that certainly could change.  I'd like to think they'd really do this one right with a ton of options,... but who knows?  It's Rush fer Goddsakes, not just some standard corporate wannabe radio band  (Like imagine if Bush or Nickelback got a pinball machine..It'd be like NOOOOOOOOO! NOOOOOOOOOOO!   MAke it stop!!!!!!!!!!     Hehe  Yeah I crack myself up        )        (   )b    (   O)   I*    OP)H9ijlbdrg7e8tr;kdfsogoselktdgfe or;bekdgn'ddf;kgkfnhdfgihn    OOPs!  Leaned on the keyboard...I don't care!     I'm leavin it!   YEah !  PArentheseses    misspelled  YEAH!   HAA!   )))))))...   I'ver been makin sense (or Dollars heh)  fer way too long...ABoot tiem I put out some posts like othe rpeole do it all weird and stuff...Besides 2 the first half kinda rocks!     CHEERS!!!

Edited by GoldLeader
Eidted cuz like ya should v'e seen it befiore man! Fukin mess i Say....Now it's...NOw ...Well it's not as bad as before...Maye I like it this way huh>>>?? Judge others not yurelf errrr....the other way I mean...What am I drinking? Good Stuff Dude!

11 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

...I'll start saving NOW,  with the goal of buying this pinball game sometime before I'm in the grave, (Probably)...But I have other goals and money is TIGHT right now (emphasis on Tight!!)...  Hell I'm so broke I can't even pay attention.

Or just wait for Farsight to release the digital versio--oh wait... =(

• Like 1