IGNORED

HSC18 Round 22: THE GREAT AMERICAN CROSS COUNTRY ROAD RACE

10 hours ago, roadrunner said:

LA to NY 23:07 

San Fran to Washington  29:03
Did i take the right route to Wash?
I went from San Fran to NY and then from NY to Washington then game was over

Sounds like you made a detour! Don't let the map choose your route for you, select your destinations with ther joystick (incuding diagonals). Can go straight across SF SAL ST.L NAS WAS :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Hit the US Tour this morning, was fun with my pencil map and pad recording all the distances etc...

Probably not the best route but didn't overlap apart from on a couple of the junction bits, had first experiences of the steering test and other weather conditions

340810317_USTour.thumb.jpg.6382db6cb4b09d3e5dfb4f3c4e517560.jpg

93:46 11,267 miles THE WHEEL BOUNTY BOB (therealbountybob was last time we played in season 9!)

Should have added *no* using the pause key to check fuel, it's all part of the game to glance down and then panic as you run into someone :!:

On 1/2/2022 at 10:39 PM, 8BIT 1337 said:

So I decided I'd try to find my original disk to see if I had saved scores and bingo!  Field 8 had a bunch of scores for all races but U.S. Tour (easily the most for LA to NY, which is what I remembered)

I tried to back this up to my PC using "Drive copy" but when I try to load the file into Altirra it freezes, which makes me think it didn't copy properly.  If anyone has advice on how to back this up let me know, as I'd love to 'switch' over to this copy to start using it through FujiNet (although I suppose I could just bite the bullet and use my 1050 :) )  EDIT:  I've tried MyCopyR and CopyMate 4.4 and nothing has worked.  There are simply a chunk of sectors that can't be read.  I don't want to hijack this thread so if you have suggestions or questions please PM me.

@8BIT 1337
Had a thought - maybe you can copy the disk to an ATR ignoring bad sectors then mount it after loading and see if it functions as a scores disk (it won't boot but that doesn't matter) :idea:

On 1/5/2022 at 3:41 AM, graywest said:

Just wanted to post a quick score for a prior round. I think this is the only round I missed this year.

Megamania: 68,000

5pts

>>>TGACCRR Tables Updated<<<

REMINDER THIS ROUND AND THE SEASON CLOSES SUNDAY 16TH JAN 10AM GMT

15 hours ago, roadrunner said:

Seattle to Miami 42:13 

I think i took a bad route! Charlotte was full of potholes. I lost alot of time. 
I hit two of the refueling pumps! had to push to pump to refill at the next pump. :(

Just put a wheel over the edge of the verge to refuel, don't need to be too far over.  I usually slow to top of 2nd gear then look out for the mileage to reach the round 100 ;-)

>>>TGACCRR Tables Updated<<<

REMINDER THIS ROUND AND THE SEASON CLOSES SUNDAY 16TH JAN 10AM GMT

• Like 2

Seattle - Miami: 29:50 (125 mph)

San Francisco - Washington 24:51 (123 mph)

Los Angeles - New York 22:13 (125 mph)

Shaved off almost one minute on SE-MI, a little over three minutes on SF-WA and two minutes on LA-NY.

I know I'm still in the bottom of the tables. Tomorrow I might tackle the US Tour.

gacr-se-mi-29_50.thumb.jpg.deed69caae97a6724756fc49c951191d.jpg

gacr-sf-wa-24_51.thumb.jpg.38a49b4dc35dcb60f1e5f6ca6f30d2bf.jpg

gacr-la-ny-22_13.thumb.jpg.e437961e79eea02b11c6ea6b0f894e1c.jpg

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, carlsson said:

Shaved off almost one minute on SE-MI, a little over three minutes on SF-WA and two minutes on LA-NY.

I know I'm still in the bottom of the tables. Tomorrow I might tackle the US Tour.

:thumbsup:

SHORT EXTENSION UNTIL 10PM GMT SUNDAY 16th JAN

SE-ME improved to 22:05 (154mph)

365194339_TGACCRRSE-MIIV.jpg.59372eba78c89e0c4c05f79bf98b0234.jpg

SHORT EXTENSION UNTIL 10PM GMT SUNDAY 16th JAN

FINAL SCORES MUST BE IN BEFORE THIS TIME AS I'M THEN WRAPPING UP THE FINAL STANDINGS FOR SEASON 18!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, carlsson said:

gacr-se-mi-29_50.thumb.jpg.deed69caae97a6724756fc49c951191d.jpg

gacr-sf-wa-24_51.thumb.jpg.38a49b4dc35dcb60f1e5f6ca6f30d2bf.jpg

gacr-la-ny-22_13.thumb.jpg.e437961e79eea02b11c6ea6b0f894e1c.jpg

But you are doin'it carlsson! That's great!

Hope that i spelled it right. ! I'm a bit drunk?

US Tour: 100:53 (11371 miles)

While 70 minutes of M.U.L.E. is relaxing, 70 minutes of GACCRR which obviously is a little more action oriented, but not incredibly frantic, felt like an endurance test. I know that the game origins from Enduro on the 2600, and this longer run sure made up for that name. I might shave off a few miles on the route, be better at finding gas stations in the middle of the night and avoid smashing into the police from behind, but for now being I'm happy I finished the race, even if it is at a very slow time.

gacr-us-tour-100_53.thumb.jpg.bced55dadcd2a9d58d310be12e33de75.jpg

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 1

This game is fantastic.  I played it on an emulator once years ago, but never really understood it.  Back then it annoyed me because I just wanted to race like in Enduro,  not get gas or slow down for cops.   But today I welcomed the complexity more. 

LA to NY -  23:38.   How fast can you go without a ticket when radar alert is triggered?

GACCRR Pic1.png

• Like 2

Ok, so I made one more attempt on the US Tour, taking a different route which turned out to be 9 miles longer but I finished more than four minutes faster, much due to avoiding the New York - Charlotte stretch. There still is room for improvement such as leaving the cops alone and not missing three gas stations in a row when I'm pumping from behind.

US Tour: 96:32 (11380 miles)

gacr-us-tour-96_32.thumb.jpg.5603fe92e9a3029fd933f83d0eea916c.jpg

@Cafeman: I believe somewhere just above 62 mph is acceptable for the cops. First when I played, I got ticketed for speeding around 68-70 mph so the margin must be just below that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cafeman said:

This game is fantastic.  I played it on an emulator once years ago, but never really understood it.  Back then it annoyed me because I just wanted to race like in Enduro,  not get gas or slow down for cops.   But today I welcomed the complexity more. 

LA to NY -  23:38.   How fast can you go without a ticket when radar alert is triggered?

GACCRR Pic1.png

1 hour ago, carlsson said:

Ok, so I made one more attempt on the US Tour, taking a different route which turned out to be 9 miles longer but I finished more than four minutes faster, much due to avoiding the New York - Charlotte stretch. There still is room for improvement such as leaving the cops alone and not missing three gas stations in a row when I'm pumping from behind.

US Tour: 96:32 (11380 miles)

gacr-us-tour-96_32.thumb.jpg.5603fe92e9a3029fd933f83d0eea916c.jpg

@Cafeman: I believe somewhere just above 62 mph is acceptable for the cops. First when I played, I got ticketed for speeding around 68-70 mph so the margin must be just below that.

You should just floor it and go top speed past the cop in the middle of the road, and then hit the brake after you past them so you dont drive in to the other cars.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tompateus said:

You should just floor it and go top speed past the cop in the middle of the road, and then hit the brake after you past them so you dont drive in to the other cars.

Yes, but on some stages the radar warning turns on almost immediately so there is almost no chance to reach 240 mph before you reach the cop. In that case it probably is better to coast around 60-65 mph. It is a calculation of how many seconds of penalty you get for speeding vs the time you lose by driving slow.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, carlsson said:

I know that the game origins from Enduro

This game is good but I still like the pace in Enduro better.   While managing the fuel adds challenge it also slows the pace.  I wish there was an option to not manage the fuel; that would have made this game better.  Enduro is simpler but everything it do so well.