IGNORED

Atari 2600 Homebrew Games Released/Completed/WIP in 2022

12 hours ago, RaymanC said:

Hello James! I don't see Stratovox in the list and it will be released complete with box at the PRGE 2022 !! It now supports the Atarivox for speech and saving scores. A few weeks ago I sent the final binary to you for your review.

You bet! Once the AtariAge games are available for sale at PRGE I will be adding them to the Physical Release list. I've added it to the Completed list for 2022 now that you've publicly declared it completed. 🙂

- James

Added to Completed:

Updated WIP:

• Thanks 1

On 1/1/2022 at 6:45 PM, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Atari 2600 Homebrew Games Released/Completed/WIP in 2022

Below is a list of all the Atari 2600 homebrew games that have either been physically released, completed or have released an updated WIP in 2022. Please let me know if there are any missing or inaccurate entries. Note: Games are only added to this list if there is a playable binary or video of the game.

Physical Release

Completed

WIP

Other Platforms:

More Info:

• Demo: Not the full game. Limited either by levels, time, lives or in some other way
  • Completed: The date the game was declared 'Completed', 'Done', 'Finished' or 'Ver 1.0'
  • Dates listed are in relation to the Pacific Time Zone

ICT is actually COMPLETE. It's not that I'm done with it (Well, I am sort of), but It's finished.

Yeah, I know, the music. But if I put sound effects in there too it would just be bad. It's also why flipping the difficulty switches allows the music to be disabled.

On 10/12/2022 at 2:04 PM, Ecernosoft said:

ICT is actually COMPLETE. It's not that I'm done with it (Well, I am sort of), but It's finished.

Yeah, I know, the music. But if I put sound effects in there too it would just be bad. It's also why flipping the difficulty switches allows the music to be disabled.

Thank you for the update, I've moved it to completed. 🙂

Moved to Completed:

Added to WIP:

Updated WIP:

On 10/20/2022 at 10:32 AM, Bruce-Robert Pocock said:

Actually physical release as well, at PRGE. Unless you're waiting for the November general release.

Hopefully I can add all the PRGE physical releases to the list today if I have extra time before the stream. 🙂

- James

Moved to Completed:

WIP Updated:

• Like 1

Hey guys, ICT2 is literally almost done!

In fact, if you want to use the versitile ICT2 engine to make you're own game, I can do an overview.

9.5 isn't out yet, but V10 will be the FINAL version.

I think I will make an ICT3, but I will need some help. Reason is, I want ICT3 to have scrolling (Not like ICT1 2600, REAL scrolling!) but I also want high resolution (32*24?) and don't want that in the RIOT RAM. Also, I'll need more than 4K, so I think I'm going to use (Forgot the name, but Atari used this bank switching method) or RAM+ (CBS). 

• Like 2

NOTE: I've added all the Atari 2600 games that were for sale at PRGE 2022 to the Physical Releases section! Some of the 'Completed' dates were put down as the PRGE date as I couldn't find any reference to the game being declared 'Complete' on the forum. If you find an earlier reference, please let me know and I'll update the listing.

Added to Physical Release:

Moved to Physical Release:

Updated WIP:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hi James,

Thanks for putting this together! 

A few small changes:

• Although I declared Qyx "finished" on July 14th, I actually fixed a few bugs and officially declared it (internally) "finished finished" on September 14th, 2022. :D 
  • Gorf Arcade was declared "finished finished" (also for the 2nd time ) on October 5th, 2022.  It was so good, @Albert had to burn the Gorf Arcade carts TWICE! :P  

Thanks again,

John

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Gemintronic said:

For completeness I'd like to mention Happy Birthday - a Birthday Mania tribute:

Thanks for the heads up! Don't know how I missed that one, added! 🙂

9 hours ago, johnnywc said:

Thanks for putting this together! 

No problem, it's a labour of love! Hahah. 🙂

9 hours ago, johnnywc said:

A few small changes:

• Although I declared Qyx "finished" on July 14th, I actually fixed a few bugs and officially declared it (internally) "finished finished" on September 14th, 2022. :D 
  • Gorf Arcade was declared "finished finished" (also for the 2nd time ) on October 5th, 2022.  It was so good, @Albert had to burn the Gorf Arcade carts TWICE! :P  

Thanks for the updated info John! I've updated the Gorf Arcade to the earlier date of Oct 5. I'll leave the Qyx as is as I keep the earliest date declared complete to not cause myself bookkeeping confusion.

Updated Physical Release:

Added to WIP:

Updated WIP:

• Like 1