IGNORED

Atari 7800 Homebrew Games Released/Completed/WIP in 2022

Updated Completed:

Updated WIP:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ecernosoft said:

Also, will someone explain how to make these JS7800 links?

Here's the link for the last time you asked but I might have not been clear enough with my explanation, I'll explain it in more detail below.

Here's the full URL for your game I linked in my last post:

https://raz0red.github.io/js7800/?cart=https://atariage.com/forums/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=959386

The first part is the location of the online emulator and the syntax that it expects for loading a game: https://raz0red.github.io/js7800/?cart=

The second part after the '=' is the location of your game, I use the binary link of the file you posted on the forum. You can get the location of your file by right clicking on your file and clicking 'Copy Link':

https://atariage.com/forums/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=959386

You just have to put both parts together and create a link to a piece of text (or just post it as it, but it's a little ugly). Voila, a playable link to your game online! Just a warning that NOT all games work (or work properly) due to limitations of the online emulator.

- James

• Like 1

Just now, Eagle said:

JS7800 links are not working anymore after forum update 

I've noticed that sadly. I've kept them up for the time being just in case there's a fix for that, I've let Al know in this post:

https://forums.atariage.com/topic/339120-welcome-to-the-updated-forum-please-read/?do=findComment&comment=5103536

If they're permanently not linkable I'll have to go through the hundreds of game listings I have and delete the links so it's not confusing for people. Hopefully it can be fixed but it seems doubtful because all the links seem to now be redirects. 😞

- James

14 minutes ago, Eagle said:

Al knows. I reported on first day. I use discord to link files now.

Ah! Thanks for reporting it!

I can't find the thread where you posted the issue. Did he say that it is on the list of 'to be fixed' or is this a permanent change?

- James

21 minutes ago, Eagle said:

Ah, thanks for the thread link! I've restored my post in the 'new forum issues thread' just in case it helps as it looks like he was looking for more information. I don't know if my post gives any more info but it's worth a shot.

- James

• Like 1

Added to WIP:

Updated WIP:

NOTE: All JS7800 links have been removed as they no longer work with the AA forum file storage method and a fair number of Atari 7800 binaries were not supported by the online emulator.

• Like 2

Updated Completed:

Added to WIP:

Hey ZPH, I think ICT is going to be done. Sure it's still really a WIP but I don't think I'm going to work on it anymore UNLESS any of you want me too.

It just dosen't hold up graphically. I'll always be nostalgic for it being my first game, but It's done now.

There were lots of problems in the game engine. It was kind of sloppily made- and I understand the 7800 way better now. I might go back and remake this game but for now it's done.

I'm just sad it didn't turn out how I wanted it too.

Edit: I have a history for this game... On every platform I code for, any language I code with, I try to make a version of ICT for it. Here's all the platforms you can get ICT for:

1. Scratch

2. *WIP, still learning the language* Visual basic

3. Atari 7800 (Done)

4. Atari 2600 (Almost done)

5. Atari 5200 (Not going to be finished)

6. NES (Was only because I didn't understand the 7800 at the time, also won't be finished unless there's demand for it)

Edit 2: I wanted to make something to represent myself when I was younger so I learned how to make music with Auxy, but I wanted more, so I learned how to code. It's more complex than that, but then again...

Edited by Ecernosoft
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Traxx said:

That's great news,even when a project fails your knowledge increases,it's a win,win.

Yes. By the way, I am known for starting something and then stopping because It wasn't versitile enough.

All the failed versions of It's Conner time! are deffinetly supporting this, I have like 100 failed ICT versions in all.

Edit: @ZeroPage Homebrew, why is this not pinned?

Edited by Ecernosoft

Moved to Completed:

Updated Completed:

On 8/31/2022 at 3:57 AM, Trebor said:

Thanks for letting me know Trebor, that's great news!

Looks like I deleted all the non-working JS7800 links prematurely. I'll have to add them back in later as it'll take some time to gather all the info again.

- James