ZeroPage Homebrew

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Moved to Physical Release:

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2022 at 9:02 AM, Turbo Laser Lynx said:

Hey, thanks a million @ZeroPage Homebrew for making these lists for the Lynx and the other consoles! 🙏 It's fantastic to have them all in the same place, especially if you're a big fan of new games for old consoles like me. It's like an archive already too.

You're very welcome! I find it's an excellent reference for me so I know that I'm playing the most up to date version on the show and also for the Atari Homebrew Awards at the end of each year too! So happy to include Lynx in the lineup now. 🙂

- James

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Ninjabba said:

Hi James, thanks for the update ;) the demo binary link is wrong though, it can point to the itch.io page

You're welcome, updated! Sorry about the incorrect link, that's what happens when you copy/paste and forget to update some of the things.

- James

• Like 1

Updated Physical Release:

Moved to Completed:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Added to Physical Release:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Added to WIP:

Updated WIP:

Added to WIP:

Updated Physical Release:

Updated WIP:

• Like 1

Hello, i have a few questions regarding the nominees:

- Odynexus is absent from the WIP list although we have been working hard on it these last few months and we actually made a couple of announcements all over the place. Is there a criteria we're missing? :)

- can you remove knights of scooternia from the list please? It is a complete unfinished release for now that might find its place in 2023 but def. not now

- Im not quite sure why some games from the lynxjam competitions are present as single entries in the WIP while they have actually been released officially and compete in the release category. Why is Krow not in the WIP in that case?

Edited by LordKraken
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LordKraken said:

Hello, i have a few questions regarding the nominees:

Good questions, I'm always thankful to the community to help keep this list as accurate as possible! Please keep in mind that the games in this list still need to adhere to all the criteria of the Awards to qualify. You can check out last year's voter guide to learn more about what is needed to qualify.

- Odynexus is absent from the WIP list although we have been working hard on it these last few months and we actually made a couple of announcements all over the place. Is there a criteria we're missing? :)

The criteria to make it on to this list is to have, at minimum, a public video or binary of a new build posted within the calendar year. The lastest binary posted of Odynexus looks to be from July 5, 2020 and checking through the thread on AtariAge I couldn't find a new binary or video of the game posted in 2022. If something is posted from a new build before the end of the year it will qualify for the list and the 5th Annual Atari Homebrew Awards.

- can you remove knights of scooternia from the list please? It is a complete unfinished release for now that might find its place in 2023 but def. not now

I will make a note in the listing that you have requested that game to be withdrawn from qualification in the 5th Annual Atari Homebrew Awards. Sorry to hear that!

- Im not quite sure why some games from the lynxjam competitions are present as single entries in the WIP while they have actually been released officially and compete in the release category. Why is Krow not in the WIP in that case?

Krow was physically released on cartridge in 2022 so it's in the Physical Release category. If further development of Krow takes place in 2022, another entry will be put in the WIP category. It appears that the last release of a Krow binary was on Dec 23, 2021 and that was reflected on the 2021 Lynx list.

Let me know if you notice any other issues as I want this list to be as accurate as possible going into the awards season as it gets more and more hectic as the deadline of Dec 31, 2022 approaches!

- James

• Thanks 1

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Wow, another incredible year for Atari homebrew! This is just a quick note to all the amazing developers in the community that we are just over one week away from the end of the year! Since I use these lists as references for determining eligibility for the upcoming 5th Annual Atari Homebrew Awards I want to make sure the listings are as accurate and up to date as possible before the cutoff.

• Double check that your game is fully credited for all those who worked on the game's code, graphics and sound and that the names are spelled correctly. If your game has been physically released be sure to check that the people who worked on the manual and packaging are correctly listed as well.
  • Make sure to publicly post your most recent binary or updated video before the end of the year as the cut off date for the 5th Annual Atari Homebrew Awards is Dec 31, 2022 at 11:59:59PM PT
  • If you don't see your game listed that you've updated in 2022, be sure to let me know below with a link to the publicly posted binary or video and I'll be sure to add it!

- James

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OldAtAtari said:

ZPH, thanks for doing this!

I just uploaded the "final" version of Dance, Bro!

Dance, Bro! by OldAtAtari (itch.io)

You're so welcome and thank you for the update! It's great to have Lynx again as part of the Atari Homebrew Awards this year!

- James

Moved to Completed:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Fadest said:

I may be wrong but it seems that Angry motes & Untitled Paddle Game by @Igorare the same game

Good catch, I'll be sure to look through all the 'Untitled' games on each list before the end of the year during list cleanup. I've deleted the 'Untitled Paddle Game'.

- James

7 hours ago, karri said:

You can mark DrunkWitch as completed on the Lynx as well. I don't intend to do anything with it.

Thanks for the update!

Moved to Completed: