IGNORED

Cheats and secrets in Team Pixelboy games

Pixelboy

Someone recently asked me if I had any secret cheats to share for past Team Pixelboy releases, and after looking into this, I found quite a few that I never revealed before. So I decided to group them all up in a single thread. Many of these were revealed before, but I'm relisting them here for convenience. If I find any more cheats that I forgot about, I will post them in this thread.

Gulkave
Access a secret menu by pressing UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, UP, RIGHT, DOWN, LEFT, DOWN, DOWN at the title screen. This menu contains a sound test and also lets you set the difficulty level (normal or hard).

Pitfall II Arcade
1) To get infinite lives in this game, enter 54312 with the keypad at the title screen.

2) You can enable "ghost mode" (i.e. invincibility) by entering the code 89999 at the title screen, but keep in mind that it doesn't work with terrain hazards and mine carts.

Girl's Garden
Start playing the game, and at any point you can enter 8675309 (Jenny's phone number!) to unlock access to cheat features! Press the keypad keys to add lives, honey pots, flowers, etc. Take note that a dot appears next to your score to indicate that you are in "cheat mode".

Ninja Princess
To access a cheat menu, quickly enter UP, DOWN, UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, DOWN, UP, UP, DOWN, UP at the title screen. This cheat menu lets you select the starting stage number and also lets you set the number of lives.

Quest for the Golden Chalice
1) Enter 444555 with the keypad at the title screen to unlock Quests 4 and 5. This is the code you receive when you reach the secret screen (the equivalent of the secret screen in Adventure on Atari 2600). Quest 5 is the randomized version of Quest 4, just like Quest 3 is the randomized version of Quest 2.

2) Enter SQUARE (708273) with the keypad to turn the player's character into a smiling square. The game plays exactly the same otherwise. This is also a code you receive when you reach the secret screen.

3) Enter 865336 with the keypad at the title screen, then enter 00 to 53 during the game to warp to any screen. You can also enter 99 to warp directly to the screen where Mardok the wizard is waiting for you, in Quests 4 and 5 (this is applicable to green and red dragon skill levels only). NOTE: You may get bizarre results if you use this secret debug feature in Quests 1, 2 or 3.

4) Sound test codes which you can enter at the title screen:
- 687421: Silence
- 687422: Main music
- 687423: Victory music
- 687424: Easter Egg music
- 687425: Dungeon music

King's Valley
While playing the game, you can make the hidden doors appear immediately by holding down both fire buttons, holding the joystick down, and pressing 0 on the keypad. Now just go trough the door to move on to the next (or previous) level!

Module Man
1) Enter 385 at the title screen to activate the debug mode. Experiment with the keypad keys while playing to see what you can do in debug mode!

2) Enter 777111 at the title screen to unlock the deluxe mode. Deluxe mode offers one extra carryable item (the Magic Glasses) and I'll let you discover what this item does within the game. ;)

3) Enter 222666 at the title screen to access a hidden mini-game!

Mecha-8
Enter 421 at the title screen to activate the debug mode. You can press 3 on the keypad during the game to skip directly to the next level (or to the ending after the last level). You can also press 4 to fast-forward to the boss of the current level.

The Stone of Wisdom
During the "CASIO" logo sequence, hold down 1 on the keypad while holding down the right trigger button, and you will become totally immune to damage. Or, still during the "CASIO" logo sequence, hold down 2 on the keypad while holding down the right trigger button to gain the ability to continue after death.

Super Pac-Man
Enter 4567 at the title screen to access the secret Classic Pac-Man, which is the MSX port of Pac-Man. While playing Classic Pac-Man, enter 1809 with the keypad to make the 4 blinking power pellets reappear (after Pac-Man has eaten them) or enter 0712 to add one life to your reserves.

Mecha-9 
Enter 731 at the title screen to activate the debug mode. Try the keypad keys during the main game to see what they do. :)

Caverns of Titan
During the main game:

1) You can add a life to your reserves at any time by pressing 1 on Player 1's controller and 2 on Player 2's controller simultaneously.

2) You can also freeze all enemies on the screen by pressing 3 on Player 1's controller and 4 on Player 2's controller simultaneously.

3) You can skip to the next level by pressing 5 on Player 1's controller and 6 on Player 2's controller simultaneously.

IMPORTANT: For any of the above cheats to work, you have to hold down the two keypad buttons until the screen briefly flashes, which
takes roughly a second.

Cold Blood
Move the joystick RIGHT, UP, DOWN and RIGHT at the title screen to make the "EXTRA" option appear. Move the menu cursor next to "EXTRA", and press the trigger button to see some bloopers.

Deep Dungeon Adventure
Did you know there's a secret game hidden in your Deep Dungeon Adventure cartridge? To access it, hold down the [5] key on both controllers while turning on (or resetting) your console. Have fun!

J.E.T.P.A.C.
Hold the joystick up while turning on the console (or while pushing the reset button) to remove the gravity. Also, you can turn your astronaut into a one-hit-kill wonder (making the game incredibly difficult) by holding the joystick right while booting/rebooting the game.

Kaboom!
Get infinite lives by entering this code at the title screen: 84572093

Bomber King
1) At any time during the game, press [*] to go to the inventory screen, then press [1] on Player 1's controller and [9] on Player 2's controller simultaneously, and all your items will be maxed out to 99. This doesn't make you invincible however, you do have to remember to press the [0] key in order to use an Energy Tank when your life power is low. But now you'll have 99 Tanks (and 99 of everything else) to tear the levels and bosses to shreds! :evil:

2) At any time during the game, press [*] to go to the inventory screen, hold down [7] on Player 1's controller and then press [3] on Player 2's controller, and you'll warp to the next level.

The Cure
1) Press [#] at the title screen to access a sound test.

2) At the title screen, enter 2581 to skip the opening stage and begin at stage 1, 2582 to skip ahead to stage 2, 2583 for stage 3, 2584 for stage 4 and 2585 for stage 5.

Booming Boy
At the title screen, enter the “Ultrasecret development menu” by pressing UP, RIGHT, DOWN, LEFT, LEFT, DOWN, RIGHT, UP with the joystick. You can start the game in any area/stage, play all the tunes and sound effects, and set the number of lives (2 to 7).

Operation Wolf
1) To reduce damage by half, enter this joystick sequence at the title screen: UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, LEFT, LEFT, RIGHT, RIGHT.

2) To have infinite bullets, enter this joystick sequence at the title screen: LEFT, UP, DOWN, RIGHT, LEFT, UP, DOWN, RIGHT.

Majikazo
Begin the game with 9 lives with this joystick sequence entered at the title screen: UP - RIGHT - DOWN - LEFT - LEFT - DOWN - RIGHT - UP

Uridium
Press 5 during the opening splash screen to make God mode available in the setup menu of the game. You can hear a familiar Star Trek music tune to let you know that the cheat was enabled. God mode makes your ship indestructible, even with ground-based obstacles.

R-Type
Pause the game, press the [#] key, and then press one of the following:

[0] = Normal shot
[1] = Wave shot 
[2] = Laser shot
[3] = Ground shot
[4] = Invincibility
[5] = Disable invincibility
[6] = Speed up
[7] = Speed down
[8] = Increase lives
[9] = Decrease lives
[#] = Skip level
[*] = Exit pause mode

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

Many thanks for collating all of the cheats in one place. Many of us have been meaning to compile an "Ultimate Colecovision Cheats" document now, and this goes a long way. There are also, for example, magic ColEm cheats menu with hex addresses for known cheats to some of the original run of games, for example.

• 4 months later...

I just remember, for whose didn't find it yet.  But there is an easter egg in Battle of Hoth which is also a TeamPixelboy release.

On the skill Select Screen press  6...

And play the game...    Battle of Hoth has been released just after Disney bought LucasFilm...  it explains what you will see.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/5/2022 at 5:18 AM, youki said:

I just remember, for whose didn't find it yet.  But there is an easter egg in Battle of Hoth which is also a TeamPixelboy release.

On the skill Select Screen press  6...

And play the game...    Battle of Hoth has been released just after Disney bought LucasFilm...  it explains what you will see.

That is funny - It had me laughing!

• Like 1