IGNORED

How simple would it be to make a Y-adapter for an Atari/Wico trak-ball and a CV joystick???

BIGHMW

I figure it SHOULD be rather easy, considering that both the Atari 2600/A8 and CV controllers both work in each, so is it possible that there is a Y-adapter that will allow one to use either an Atari CX22 or CX-80 or Wico trak-ball with the CV joystick's keypad rather than have to pay a hefty price to get that Roller Controller (Expansion Module #3?) just to play trak-ball-compatible games like Coleco's own Slither or Atarisoft's Centipede as well as any other CV homebrews that take advantage of the trak-ball's/Roller Controller's capabilities???

Now do note that I am a proud new ColecoVision owner (actually my second, the first being during the early-90s picking it up at a thrift store here in Port Townsend for a mere $20.00 and I enjoyed it) having purchased one on eBay a couple of weeks ago to go along with my 5200 and other Atari systems and am awaiting my Atarimax Ultimate SD multicart so I can enjoy all the great games on her too. I was first introduced to the ColecoVision back in 1983 while I owned my first 5200 unit while at a high school classmate's (Lisa Rivers, now Lisa Rivers-Halfon) house and her brother (Natan) had a CV unit, and I grew into it so much for the great game it had (Smurf - Rescue From Gargamel's Castle, Cosmic Avenger, Venture, Zaxxon, WarGames, Spece Fury, Mouse Trap, etc.) but knew that at that time my parents spent so much time (and $$$) with my 5200 and the lineup of carts I had already for it that having both was impossible, plus we were in the middle of the videogame wars as far as "third-wave" consoles were concerned and subscribed with Electronic Games ("EG") magazine at the time so I was REALLY hardcore into it,  and had already drawn my line in the sand where that stood, much like I did in the now-infamous "L.A. Radio Wars" from back then, in which there I sided with 95.5 (95 1/2) KLOS, the #1 rated AOR Rock station, and hated 102.7 KIIS-FM, a Top-40/CHR station (it still is today, but only with worse music, now owned by iHeartRadio), back then the top radio station in L.A., at that particular time.

In fact, retrospectively, looking back on KIIS-FM from back then in 1983, I realized that I missed out of quite a lot, in which I later discovered on vinyl in the early-mid-90s as well as on aircheck videos on YouTube, in fact KIIS-FM wasn't so bad BITD as opposed to the corporate (iHeartRadio) fake auto-tuned pop crap (like Justin Bieber and BTS) it plays nowadays, in fact one of my favorite DJs in the 80s from his time on AM 64 KFI (1978-81) was "Big Ron" O'Brien, in whom I liked back then, so when I first heard him on KIIS-FM I almost considered him to be a traitor at that time, as the same with Rick Dees, in whom was with AM 93 KHJ (1978-80) before it flipped from Top-40 to country in 1980.

So knowing all that now I am a little bit naive about CV gaming considering I was always with Big Sexy and everything else plays/played (until now) second fiddle, and I now know about the terrific homebrew community here, so with that said, is there hope for someone who doesn't want to spend vookoo dollars on an old-stock Roller Controller to simply work an Atari/Wico trak-ball with a CV keypad from the controller itself for cheap??? I hope so.