IGNORED

Season 12 ~ Week 10 ~ Gold Medal Pick

Vocelli

23 hours ago, Skippy B. Coyote said:

Yup! You can buy a physical copy of Lead from the AtariAge store and the rom is available for download in the first post of the thread for when we last played it back in Season 6 of the new High Score Club :)

Lead is an insanely under rated game. Top 10 homebrew if you ask me!! 

• Like 2

Missile Command - Game 4: 477825

Something else I've found myself doing on the more difficult boards is staggering my shots.  At any given time, there can be two waves of enemy missiles on the screen.  Each wave consists of 1-3 regular missiles or 1 cruise missile.  The next wave starts as soon as one of the two waves is no longer on the screen (either by you taking it out or by it reaching the bottom of the screen).  Early on a board, if you can stagger your shots in such away that each wave of enemy missiles are also more staggered, it provides you more time to react.  The worst scenario is getting two waves of enemy missiles simultaneously, each consisting of three regular missiles targeted to land on opposite sides of the screen.

I have also found that it's best to target the cruise missiles first, preferably while they are closer to the top of the screen.  Even if you miss, your shot will delay its progress.  This buys you a little extra time to take out the easier to target regular missiles and come back to do a more carefully timed shot at the cruise missile later.

image.thumb.png.ed7b6b5d9852e8d92743bfe8fd990df4.png

• Like 3

Slight score improvement in Missile Command but I think this is probably gonna be the last score update for me for this round, since after putting a couple more hours of effort into it I feel like I've pretty much reached the limit of my capabilities in this game. See y'all next round! :)

Missile Command (Game 4, B/B Difficulty): 68,560

IMG_20220112_051647.thumb.jpg.bb92bb9eced1b6c337f507bb4795d32a.jpg

• Like 4

Decent improvement on game 4. Like Skippy though, I think I'm at or close to the point where I'm unlikely to get much further. There comes a point where the game is moving faster than my brain can keep up!!!!. Great fun game though 

Missile Command (1981) (Atari)_6.png

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, BetwixtThieves said:

I’m new to this so I’m not sure if just anyone can join in, but here is my score from Game 4: 26,730.

Sorry it is hard to see. Tube TV with red - makes it hard to photograph. 

DA9CACA5-D76A-4805-8D3A-028282D2B55B.jpeg

Anybody can join at anytime!

Just follow the rules and have FUN!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BetwixtThieves said:

I’m new to this so I’m not sure if just anyone can join in, but here is my score from Game 4: 26,730.

Sorry it is hard to see. Tube TV with red - makes it hard to photograph. 

DA9CACA5-D76A-4805-8D3A-028282D2B55B.jpeg

Welcome BetwixtThieves . The High Score club is a lot of fun. Last season was my first playing, and everyone is really friendly. Hope you enjoy taking part as much as I have ??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1