IGNORED

What have you ACTUALLY played tracker - Modern Edition (2022)

carlsson

On time this week! (Barely)

Xbox Series X

Halo Infinite: 22 minutes

MLB The Show 21: 40 minutes

Xbox One

Atari Flashback Classics Vol. 2: 28 minutes

Lego Jurassic World: 355 minutes

PUBG: 458 minutes

iOS

Microsoft Sudoku: 90 minutes

Monopoly Solitaire: 189 minutes

Pop! Blitz: 22 minutes

• Like 4

Week 05

Top games

1. No Man's Sky (PC) - 2120 min. (#1)
2. No Man's Sky (PS4) - 1320 min. (#2)
3. Knights of the Old Republic (Switch) - 1260 min. (#4)
4. Pokémon Legends: Arceus (Switch) - 1140 min.
5. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 912 min.
6. MLB The Show 21 (Xbox Series X) - 624 min.
7. Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 (Xbox 360) - 614 min.
8. Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 2 (PS2) - 606 min.
9. Monopoly Solitaire (iOS) - 452 min.
10. Lego Jurassic World (Xbox One) - 451 min.

Top systems

1. PC - 2842 min. (#1)
2. Switch - 2510 min. (#3)
3. PS4 - 1925 min. (#2)
4. Xbox One - 1454 min. (#9)
5. Xbox 360 - 997 min. (#4)
6. Xbox Series X - 694 min. (#8)
7. iOS - 690 min.
8. PS2 - 668 min. (#10)
9. Browser based - 341 min. (#7)
10. Vita - 186 min. (#6)

Total 12643 minutes and 58 different games on 16 different systems, with 12 participants.

Not even some late scores from last week could challenge No Man's Sky X2, though the PS4 version is only 1 hour ahead of Knights of the Old Republic. System wise, the PC is 5.5 hours ahead of the Switch in another week with a lot of variation, 16 systems (record for the season is 18).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

I found that the full suite of Gears of War games are available on Xbox GamePass.

I restarted a game of Gears of War: Judgement which is the odd duck of the series
I bought the game brand new back in the early 2010's and it didn't really click with me at the time.  
Such a weird title - sort of like a side story that was made by a different team, and is more arcade-like than the other original 3 games.

I intend to finish it this time around.

• Like 6

Well, I lost my paper I was keeping track on, so I'm only putting in the minutes for a couple days here...  no idea how much I really spent on it.

PC

No Man's Sky - 540 min (Doing more of the same...  still haven't progressed the "main quest" any more...  sending frigates on missions, doing a few missions from the space station (single player missions) and other side stuff.)

• Like 5

The regulars show up again, as expected, along with the insanely difficult DoDonPachi Saidaioujou, a game that is way beyond my skill level. Fortunately the Xbox 360 version has a story mode that's so easy that it's actually boring to play, so I played that a lot.

PS4
Battle Garegga Rev.2016 - 30
Kyuukyoku Tiger - 45
Tiger-Heli - 20

Xbox 360
DoDonPachi Saidaioujou - 425

Here it is, one of the most difficult games on the system, if not the single most difficult, as nobody has ever finished the arcade version of this game, which is of course included here, on a single credit as far as I know because the true final boss is just too insanely difficult. The 360 mode is pretty easy if you chose shot, though. Laser is way more difficult. Can't play the arcade version yet; not nearly skilled enough at shooting and bullet hell in general yet, but this game gives you a great set of training tools, so everything I need is included except time and motivation, which I need to supply myself.
Sonic Unleashed (demo) - 4
I'd forgotten that 15~25 FPS 3D games still existed in this era and this is one of them. Apparently this game runs way better on a Series X, though, making the 360 version the best version of this game by far. I had this on PS3 in 2009 when I bought my PS3. It is part of an anti-elite group of less than 5 games that I have ever sold in my entire life (among the rest are the Gamecube version of SSX Tricky, as I preferred the PS2 version, and Turning Point: Fall of Liberty, which is a pile of trash). Might retry it on 360, though.

Switch
Cotton Rock 'n' Roll - 12

Vita
Kangokutou Mary Skelter - 859

It seems I didn't take a screenshot of my save file time, but checked my previous posts here and this seems to be right.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, neogeo1982 said:

Have you seen the Living Ship mission pop up? Cause I still have not myself, though I see people with them in the station.

Nope... I didn't know it was a mission even.  Thought you just had to get lucky and find one crashed somewhere.  I've seen a few, but honestly, I don't like them.  lol  I like mine to look more like Star Wars than Swamp Thing.

• Like 2

On 2/9/2022 at 7:15 PM, Leonard Smith said:

I restarted a game of Gears of War: Judgement

For the moment, I'm adding the games you mention for 5 minutes each. If you like to, you can give more accurate measurements (or estimates) for how long you did play respective game, and I will use the more specific numbers.

• Like 1

Here are my times for this past week (February 7th through 13th, 2022):

Taonga: Island Farm: 207 minutes in 14 sessions

This week, once more, Taonga: Island Farm was the only game I played... I also didn't play any classic games this week. And the total gaming time pretty much corresponds to the level I'm aiming for.

In Taonga, this week I managed to finish another level which enabled me to buy the cosmetitian's. I also managed to collect the $140.000 necessary for it, so I bought it and am now working on completing it. I also managed to complete another building step of the observatory and uncover another asteroid shard site. So this was pretty much a good week. I also found out that it doesn't really pay off to grow fruits on the island of the plant kingdom because buying single trees for your home island is a bit cheaper in sum.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, carlsson said:

For the moment, I'm adding the games you mention for 5 minutes each. If you like to, you can give more accurate measurements (or estimates) for how long you did play respective game, and I will use the more specific numbers.

Oh sorry.

I didn't realize you needed a time.  I don't really time myself - whenever I get a chance for a game or two, I play

• Like 1

PS4

Horizon Zero Dawn 811

XBox 360

Bionic Commando Rearmed 29

Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 53

Space Invaders Infinity Gene 100

There's not much I don't like about HZD.  I think that I am playing it at the right time or something because I really like it - even if every NPC looks like they have a dislocated jaw.

• Like 4

Ineligible
Pac-Man Plus (Arcade) - 15 minutes

Skiing (Atari 2600) - 38 minutes

Street Sk8er (PlayStation) - 122 minutes
Tomb Raider (PlayStation) - 154 minutes
Winter Games (Atari 2600) - 19 minutes
Yars' Revenge (Atari 2600) - 22 minutes

Nintendo Switch
Resident Evil (HD Remaster of GameCube REmake) - 195 minutes

Browser Based

Wordle - 155 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

720 minutes (12 hours 0 minutes) [350 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

PlayStation - 276 minutes

Nintendo Switch - 195 minutes

Browser Based - 155 minutes

Atari 2600 - 79 minutes

Arcade - 15 minutes

• Like 4

Week 06

Top games

1. Kangokutou Mary Skelter (Vita) - 859 min.
2. Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4) - 811 min.
3. No Man's Sky (PS4) - 775 min. (#2)
4. Lego Jurassic World (Xbox One) - 712 min. (#10)
5. Bravely Default 2 (Switch) - 600 min.
6. No Man's Sky (PC) - 540 min. (#1)
7. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 454 min. (#5)
8. DoDonPachi Saidaioujou (Xbox 360) - 425 min.
9. Monopoly Solitaire (iOS) - 241 min. (#9)
10. Taonga: the Island Farm (Browser based) - 207 min.

Top systems

1. PS4 - 1801 min. (#3)
2. Xbox One - 1304 min. (#4)
3. Switch - 1027 min. (#2)
4. Vita - 859 min. (#10)
5. PC - 770 min. (#1)
6. iOS - 733 min. (#7)
7. Xbox 360 - 616 min. (#5)
8. Browser based - 389 min. (#9)
9. Wii - 280 min.
10. Wii U - 140 min.

Total 8158 minutes and 37 different games on 13 different systems, with 13 participants.

Alone is strong as the Swedish proverb says (might exist in other languages too). Kangokutou Mary Skelter is the only Vita game this week, but it is enough to be the #1 game individually and the #4 on the systems list. Number 2-3 on the top list are PS4 games, which is enough to for once make it the most played system. New system entry this week is the Spectrum Next (35 min) which @onlyinajeep listed over in the Classic tracker, but which I believe belongs here just like many other neo-retro systems do.

As usual, anyone who was late to post can do so and I'll include those minutes for next week.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Switch-

Bravely Default 2 950min

Metroid Prime 150 min

Shovel Knight 60 min

Super Meat Boy 60 min

Bravely Default 2 is one of the grindiest RPGs I’ve ever played and I love it! It has a mechanic where you can speed up your battles up to 4x speed. It even can be used in boss battles. The job system is one of the best I’ve come across. I love the ability to master a job and then set it to secondary. It’s nice to still have access to those hard earned abilities. You earn JP(Job points as well as exp on each battle encounter). Now I have essentially a Warrior Mage and a Warrior Healer. It doesn’t call them that but that’s what it amounts to. I also have a character than can capture creatures and throw them out like Pokémon to attack. That same creature trainer is also a master black mage, the combo is a ton of fun. Overall this is the best classic style JRPG I’ve played since FF7 on the original PlayStation back in the day. Oh, I also like when your a higher level that the monsters run away from you. It also has this link(Legend of Zelda) mechanic where you slice grass and trees in the overworld that enables you to find items. What an immensely enjoyable game and well thought out! The default system also adds some nice strategy elements to your attacks.

• Like 5

Just one modern game this week again...

PC

No Man's Sky - 1282 min (Just continuing messing about.  Did do a bit more on some of the quest lines, did some quests from the space station mission vendor, made some upgrades, and stuff.  NMS had an update this week and I saw a couple bugs...  There was a sentinel attack on my settlement, and of course, the settlers ran for cover.  I defeated the sentinels, but the settlers are still running around like the attack is still underway.  Another one was that, before the update, I had been playing and sent my frigates out on missions of anywhere from 5 to 24 or so hours.  After the update, I check on them, expecting to debrief the commanders and collect the rewards, but the time on all of them had been changed to anywhere from 50 to 60 hours.  So I had to wait a couple days to get them back.  Oh well, just slowed down my income for a bit.  Sent them out on more missions today, and the times seemed correct... so far.)

• Like 5