IGNORED

What have you ACTUALLY played tracker - Modern Edition (2022)

carlsson

Not much to say here this time, I think, other than that Toaplan is back.

PC
Jurassic World Evolution 2 - 612

PS4
Fairy Fencer F Refrain Chord - 488

Yeah, this game kind of pretty much sucks as a strategy RPG. Every other strategy RPG I've played does literally everything better, so there really isn't much to redeem this thing.
Hishouzame - 16
Same! Same! Same! - 17

Switch
Shin Megami Tensei V - 1840

• Like 5

This week I played:

Kirby's Dream Land Advance for PC - 26 minutes

Pokemon Shield for Switch - 4 minutes

Pokemon Sword for Switch - 4 minutes

Sonic and The Fallen Star for PC - 137 minutes

Sonic World R9 rev 2 for PC - 117 minutes

Progress:

Kirby - this game is just a fan port of the original game using Game Boy Advance style graphics. I beat it.

Pokemon Shield and Sword - I just downloaded 2 more of the event Pokemon for each game.

Sonic and the Fallen Star - Beat the game as Sonic but only have 5 out of 7 emeralds so far.

Sonic World R9 - I finished getting one emblem from each level as Knuckles only, backed up my save and started an Amy-only file.

• Like 5

I was sick over the weekend so didn't get to do near the stuff I wanted to do around the house, but that did mean some additional Switch playtime.

Switch:
Asteroids: Recharged -- 60 minutes
Black Widow: Recharged -- 60 minutes
Capcom Fighting Collection -- 45 minutes
Centipede: Recharged -- 60 minutes
Final Fantasy X HD Remaster -- 1457 minutes
Littlewood -- 630 minutes
Yars' Revenge: Recharged -- 120 minutes

I dusted off my copy of FFX and started a new playthrough.  I also spent some time on the 'older' Recharged games since Atari patched in a new 'Classic' mode that gives you three lives per play.

• Like 5

Browser Based 

The Mountain of Heroes (wip) 10 

PC 

Sensible World of Soccer 2020 188 

XOne 

Overcooked 2 102 

I tried the fan-released and Windows-loving version of SWoS 2020 for PC.  It has a ton of features, but I discovered that the online play is still on the Amiga version, so most of my SWoS time was on Amiga.  One interesting point of note is if you like HERO, you might like the demo here The Mountain of Heroes by bySevlacnog (itch.io)

• Like 5

Yeah, I'll assume that any times posted were for the past week(s). Also it is helpful if you do post again with additional times, even though you have subscriber permissions to update your post up to 30 days. Sure it is fine to edit your post right away if you forgot something or did a spelling mistake, but if more than a few hours have passed, it is easier for me if you post additional times.

Also I did move @onlyinajeep's post about 15 minutes on the ZX Spectrum Next to this tracker again. :) Since I otherwise try to be somewhat rigid regarding "old looking" games on new but inferior hardware, it actually belongs here.

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 3

Not quite as busy of a week as I was hoping for gaming wise this past week. I was all set to start playing some modern games on the Xbox One as soon as I finished up the latest add-on for classic Doom on the Switch, but then the tendonitis in my left arm that had pretty much gone away since the summer started flared up again. It's pretty much impossible to hold a modern gaming controller when my tendonitis is acting up, but thankfully with the aid of a comfortable lap desk and my custom Atari 2600 arcade stick I could still play some older games; since luckily the muscle group in my arm that's all messed up seems to be unbothered by operating an arcade stick.

Trying to grasp and operate a modern controller with analog sticks is definitely out of the question for awhile until my arm gets better, but there's plenty of fun Atari games to play for the High Score Club in the meantime :)

2121772277_20211220112050_IMG_4025(1)2.thumb.JPG.65768b23da5128b0b619f2856ee26ac4.JPG

Nintendo Switch
Doom [Classic]: Anomaly Report - 145 minutes

Edited by Skippy B. Coyote
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Apple iOS:

Duolingo - 114 minutes

Pikmin Bloom - 229 minutes

Nintendo Wii U:

Lego Dimensions - 75 minutes

Unlocked some arcade games and oh boy there is a major display issue that was reported five years ago and never fixed. Wish I'd learned that before I started!

Nokia N-Gage:

Dusting off some free/downloadable titles. Pretty fun anyway.

Flo Boarding - 15 minutes (if chatting with a chatbot counts, 5 minutes otherwise)

Stunt Car Extreme - 10 minutes

Space Impact Evolution X - 10 minutes

V.R. Technologies VT03 Famiclone:

Star - 15 minutes

• Like 3

Week 38

Top games

1. Shin Megami Tensei V (Switch) - 1840 min. (#6)
2. Final Fantasy X HD Remaster (Switch) - 1457 min.
3. Littlewood (Switch) - 630 min. (#5)
4. Jurassic World Evolution 2 (PC) - 612 min. (#2)
5. Fairy Fencer F Refrain Chord (PS4) - 488 min. (#7)
6. Destiny (PS4) - 280 min.
7. Pikmin Bloom (iOS) - 229 min.
8. Sensible World of Soccer 2020 (PC) - 188 min.
9. Doom Classic II: Anomaly Report (Switch) - 145 min. (#3)
10. Sonic and the Fallen Star (PC) - 137 min.

Top systems

1. Switch - 4425 min. (#1)
2. PC - 1080 min. (#2)
3. PS4 - 801 min. (#4)
4. iOS - 343 min. (#7)
5. Android - 210 min. (#6)
6. PS5 - 135 min. (#3)
7. Xbox One - 102 min.
8. Wii U - 75 min. (#8)
9. Nokia N-Gage - 35 min.
10. ZX Spectrum Next - 15 min.
10. V.R. Technologies VT03 Famiclone - 15 min. (#10)

Total 7246 minutes and 34 different games on 12 different systems, with 9 participants.

The million selling Shin Megami Tensei V bounces into first place with a margin over 6 hours ahead of Final Fantasy X HD Remaster. With 11 entries of which four on the top 10 list, the Switch by far again becomes the most played system. No changes in the 50, 150, 300 hour clubs and only one game (Littlewood) from the all-time top 20 was featured this week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

PC
Jurassic World Evolution 2 - 174
Bad news: the game's most recent patch has completely broken the game. I quite literally can no longer play the game because it forces my computer to restart when I do. This makes me very sad, and it apparently is happening on at least some of the console versions as well. I hope they fix this soon.

PS4
Fairy Fencer F Refrain Chord - 123

Yeah, I still kind of hate this game. It's getting marginally better, but extremely slowly.

Switch
Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD Remaster - 246
Shin Megami Tensei V - 1,616

I finally finished this damn game. It's okay, I guess, but not what I am looking for in Shin Megami Tensei; give me my cyberpunk edgelord game, not this. Great soundtrack, but if you can only have a single RPG on Switch for some strange reason, get Fire Emblem. I need to replay that, actually...

3DS

Shin Megami Tensei IV - 50

Why the hell is this game's soundtrack so good? Humanity does not deserve this soundtrack. It's one of the best soundtracks ever. Go buy the soundtrack. You need it.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 4

Apple iOS:

Duolingo - 74 minutes

EED79303-9AB9-4D5C-B7ED-E5EDBEA27C81.thumb.jpeg.90c9cd718ae53bd101eac4de119431da.jpeg

Pikmin Bloom - 96 minutes

I have completed many decor sets and have yet to find a single pikmin from others.

68F0471C-55EA-4F0C-8ECB-7FD99E2BB8AA.thumb.jpeg.5f80ca9a4c884d06bbd4670a5a6efd00.jpeg

Nintendo 3DS:

Kersploosh! - 20 minutes (from last week)

Nokia N-Gage:

Super Monkey Ball - 100 minutes

Not a port of the Game Boy Advance’s Super Monkey Ball Mini, but you could be excused for thinking it is. Many of the games that are on both the N-Gage and the GBA are better on the N-Gage, but this one is not. A much slower frame rate than the much less powerful GBA, a bad camera, and the narrow viewport of a tate mode screen make this much less playable than the spectacular GBA game, alas.

0EC717CD-79D4-4197-BAC8-5F0E84A2B7AB.thumb.jpeg.e8dc1b1629ef9056b5f94f3c9632d299.jpeg

Having Monkey Target on the go is great but it has a lot of bugs and the poor monkeys frequently get stuck at the bottom of the ramp.

A59E138B-75AB-4564-97C6-24C15A02A329.thumb.jpeg.0ecee79a0734e1c9d9eca8f93faa8e04.jpeg

Snakes - 15 minutes

A really fun Tron-style reimagining of Nokia’s original gaming claim to fame.

Space Impact Evolution X - 30 minutes

A top grade shmup this isn’t, but it is mysteriously addictive.

• Like 4

My wrist was feeling a lot better this week so I checked out a new add-on for classic Doom on the Switch, and started in on a Halloween playthrough of my all time favorite game that I just never seem to get bored of :lol:

Nintendo Switch
Alien: Isolation - 325 minutes
Doom [Classic]: Revolution! - 320 minutes

• Like 5

I continued more of my FFX playthrough, just landed in the Via Purifico.  Mrs DD picked up Shovel Knight Dig for me as an early birthday present so I sunk some time into this most fine game. :)

Switch:
Final Fantasy X HD Remaster - 1200 minutes
Littlewood - 630 minutes
Shovel Knight Dig - 360 minutes

• Like 4

PC 

Sensible World of Soccer 2020 433 

X360 

Sensible World of Soccer 226 

XOne 

Let's Build a Zoo 130 

***Ineligible***

Amiga 

Sensible World of Soccer 2020 280 

Intellivision 

Beauty and the Beast 62 

Thin Ice 59 

I spread out my Sensible World of Soccer (aka SWOS) time across 3 platforms.  I discovered that the Windows version of SWOS 2020 lets you pick between DOS and Amiga, so there's really no reason to play in Win UAE ever again, but I have a career going in that version that I wanted to extend a bit.  Let's Build a Zoo appeared in Game Pass this week.  It is very similar to Theme Park by Bullfrog released on the Amiga all those years ago.

• Like 4

Week 39

Top games

1. Shin Megami Tensei V (Switch) - 1616 min. (#1)
2. Final Fantasy X HD Remaster (Switch) - 1200 min. (#2)
3. Littlewood (Switch) - 630 min. (#3)
4. Destiny (PS4) - 600 min. (#6)
5. Sensible World of Soccer 2020 (PC) - 433 min. (#8)
6. Shovel Knight Dig (Switch) - 360 min.
7. Alien: Isolation (Switch) - 325 min.
8. Doom Classic II: Revolution! (Switch) - 320 min.
9. Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD Remaster (Switch) - 246 min.
10. Sensible World of Soccer (Xbox 360) - 226 min.

Top systems

1. Switch - 4697 min. (#1)
2. PS4 - 723 min. (#3)
3. PC - 648 min. (#2)
4. Xbox 360 - 226 min.
5. PS5 - 195 min. (#6)
6. iOS - 170 min. (#4)
7. Nokia N-Gage - 145 min. (#9)
8. Xbox One - 130 min. (#7)
9. Android - 120 min. (#5)
10. 3DS - 70 min.

Total 7124 minutes and 25 different games on 10 different systems, with 8 participants.

A few minutes less, a few systems less but the top three are intact, with Shin Megami Tensei V almost 7 hours ahead of Final Fantasy X HD Remaster. Since the top three, and another four games on the top 10 list all are for the Switch, no wonder it completely dominates with nearly 2/3 of the total play time this week.

Despite Steven's issues with the game, Jurassic World Evolution 2 on the PC now exceeds 150 hours (9000 minutes) which makes it the 29th most played at 9018 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Posting a day early.

PC
Jurassic World Evolution 2 - 30

Just trying unsuccessfully to see if I can get it to work.

PS4
Fairy Fencer F Refrain Chord - 28

I can't force myself to play this game any longer; it's just too boring and poorly designed. Dropped temporarily. I will come back to it later, I think.

Switch
Shin Megami Tensei V - 391
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 10

• Like 3

PC

Sensible World of Soccer 2020 175

Pico 8 (via browser)

Berzerk 6

XOne

Assassin's Creed Black Flag 331

Donut County 53

I am playing through the Black Flag DLC called Freedom Cry.  I hit 2 main story missions that had a lot of the bad things about Assassin's Creed in them.  Time to just dink around more on my own now.

• Like 3

Another grab bag week of not much gaming.

Apple iOS:

Duolingo - 204 minutes

Pikmin Bloom - 118 minutes

Nintendo Game Boy Advance:

Medal of Honor: Infiltrator - 10 minutes. So hard!

The Simpsons Road Rage - 30 minutes

D2FEEDBD-01A9-47E3-BFCA-DD8F5F7F6886.thumb.jpeg.cb87e32d6378dbb8f5f81fb9844a4fb0.jpeg

Nintendo Switch:

The Solitaire Conspiracy - 110 minutes

Leave it to Mike Bithell to turn Solitaire into an edge of your seat spy thriller. Seriously! I highly highly recommend it.

I got No Man's Sky and got as far as installing the update patches today but never got to actually play it. This week!

Nokia N-Gage:

Asphalt: Urban GT - 20 minutes

Red Faction - 25 minutes

Inspired by its inclusion in last month's Retro Game Quiz, where you guess the games based on tiny snapshots of them.

Super Monkey Ball - 20 minutes

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater - 75 minutes

It's a super impressive port of the PS1 game. I really suck at it but it seems to play really well.

E2DC1F75-A718-4C7A-860A-10BFB3A07567.thumb.jpeg.f829cacef54f2105cced1b5fd70da704.jpeg

I also picked up some old productivity cards that work with the NGage. Some of the stuff in the Encyclopedia Britannica is still true today!

B8A671A4-CE24-4112-85A9-B87B4F861450.thumb.jpeg.d2a88fbce0544b8678b05f48d91a6c12.jpeg

• Like 2