IGNORED

What have you ACTUALLY played tracker - Modern Edition (2022)

carlsson

X360 

Sensible World of Soccer 70 

XOne  

Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 250

My wife suddenly got re-interested in Lego games, and we discovered we owned Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 from 2019 but had never finished.  I played a few levels with her, and she got all the way through the story during the weekend (time above is just mine).  AND, of course there was more SWOS . . .

• Like 4

TI-84 Plus CE

Calcuzap - 25 min

Contagion - 25 min

Donkey Kong - 3 min

Flappy Bird - 10 min

Fruit Ninja - 2 min

2048 - 15 min

Original Xbox

Midtown Madness 3 - 85 min

Project Gotham Racing 2 - 235 min

PC

Euro Truck Simulator 2 - 282 min

Team Fortress 2 - 192 min

Edited by randomcat2000
Made more specific
  • Like 4

Thank you! I looked up the various TI models and it appears that TI-84 Plus and TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition (as previously logged here) are not software compatible, though both use a Z80? Or at least the programming languages supported differ, plus that the C is in color of course.

• Like 4

Apple iOS:

Apparently the OS upgrade made me lose all my time tracking, so these are rough estimates:

Duolingo - 45 minutes

Pikmin Bloom - 180 minutes

Nintendo Game Boy Advance:

Anguna: Warriors of Virtue - 10 minutes

Ottifanten Pinball - 10 minutes

World Reborn - 10 minutes

Nintendo Switch:

No Man's Sky - 178 minutes

Took a little break from NMS.

Tetris 99 - 45 minutes

Nokia N-Gage:

Alienfront - 25 minutes

F994F730-8D0F-4532-8DAC-E06F8F64B59C.thumb.jpeg.40414ae60d1b1e09d89fd977032d3e85.jpeg

Pretty rough Dreamcast spinoff, fun but needed some collision detection work.

Barakel: The Fallen Angel - 10 minutes

Impressive action RPG with lumbering performance. After a while you stop noticing.

Payload - 45 minutes

Not exactly Twisted Metal on the N-Gage but it seems inspired by Rogue Trip: Vacation 2012 at least. Very fun game, shame it never got a physical release. My biggest complaint is that the obstacles are tiny and blend in with the track.

SanGo - 45 minutes

509D9BC5-9480-46BA-90A5-5831B657CCE7.thumb.jpeg.28975d939170b2d80a5973b731397dfe.jpeg

Chinese action RPG on the same engine as Requiem of Hell, apparently fan-translated by a 13 year old boy in the mid-2000s and full of pointless profanity 😕

System Rush - 10 minutes

Of all of the N-Gage's must-play games, this one is my personal favorite. So good and so rewarding to return to.

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Team Stealth Action - 25 minutes

Many N-Gage games do not feel like feature phone games from the mid-2000s. This one does. It is pretty fun but it looks awful and plays very, very slow for a 2D Prince of Persia type game.

Nokia Symbian 60:

GeoPod - 15 minutes

4C1511EF-55A9-4305-9AE2-E1A0ED536871.thumb.jpeg.3ef7baffc4009c9c1bb1538815e523e6.jpeg

It ain't System Rush, but it's impressive without the extra N-Gage power.

• Like 3

Week 43

Top games

1. Jurassic World Evolution 2 (PC) - 877 min.
2. IDOLM@STER STARLIT SEASON, THE (PC) - 375 min.
3. Euro Truck Simulator 2 (PC) - 282 min.
4. Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 (Xbox One) - 250 min.
5. Project Gotham Racing 2 (Xbox) - 235 min.
6. Team Fortress 2 (PC) - 192 min.
7. Pikmin Bloom (iOS) - 180 min.
8. No Man's Sky (Switch) - 178 min. (#2)
9. GT Manager (Android) - 95 min.
10. Retro Bowl (Android) - 90 min. (#10)

Top systems

1. PC - 1726 min. (#7)
2. Xbox - 320 min.
3. Xbox One - 250 min. (#4)
4. Switch - 241 min. (#1)
5. iOS - 225 min. (#6)
6. Android - 215 min. (#5)
7. Nokia N-Gage - 160 min.
8. TI-84 Plus - 80 min.
9. GBA - 75 min. (#8)
10. Xbox 360 - 70 min.

Total 3410 minutes and 37 different games on 12 different systems, with 5 participants.

After some computer service (?), the dinos in Jurassic World Evolution 2 are back in business! With a total of four entries for the PC including the top 3, it becomes the most played system. We see the entry of a new calculator format, and another 20 games not previously in the tracker. However none of those exceed the 50, 150 or 300 hour checkpoints.

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Games. Times. Toaplan. Dinosaurs. More Toaplan.

PC
THE iDOLM@STER Starlit Season - 147
Jurassic World Evolution 2 - 482
Relayer Advanced - 286

Decent game, bad PC port; only partial mouse support, only 2 resolutions, no graphics options, awkward keyboard controls with no button remapping... yeah. I honestly have no idea what is even going on in this game, probably partially because I don't understand Japanese space words or military words and of course this is both. People say things in exposition and then stuff just kind of happens for some reason or another and then we fight or whatever. WAY better than the last strategy RPG I played, though. The devs said the PS5 was the lead development platform and they also said that the PS4 version kind of sucks, so I guess the PS5 version is the best way to play this right now. Hopefully they will fix the super weird oddities of the PC version.

PS4
Hishouzame - 77
Same! Same! Same! - 36

Why do I play this ridiculous game? I have no idea. Maybe I just hate myself. I do want to clear the game eventually, but although this game is supremely badass in every way, it's also one of the hardest games ever made, and not in a good way, so all I'm really doing is suffering at this point.
Same! Same! Same! (2P ver) - 46

^ this version is much easier, though, so play this one instead. Still has some balance issues, though... don't die on stage 7 because you are probably not going to survive that stage if you lose your speed.

Switch
Idol Manager - 57

So I backed this for a physical PC version on Kickstarter like 5 and a half years ago or whatever and the devs gave up on making physical PC versions, so they sent out Steam keys and physical console versions instead. Unfortunately the controls on the Switch version are exceedingly terrible, so play it on PC with a mouse, because if you try to play it on console, you end up controlling a mouse cursor with the analog stick. Yuck...

• Like 5

TI-84 Plus CE

Calcuzap - 20 min

XBOX

XIII - 225 min At the jungle stage now, the grand canyon stage felt a bit like half life.

Rallisport Challenge 2 - 220 min Beat the amateur career and then scratched the disc so now entering Monte Carlo SS1 gives a dirty disc error, can't progress in any of the other careers now :(

Project Gotham Racing 2 - 40 min

Forza Motorsport - 20 min

PC

Euro Truck Simulator 2 - 72 min

Peggle Nights - 12 min

Octogeddon - 102 min Died at the final phase of the final boss :(

• Like 3

I liked the original XIII a lot. I am glad they are trying to salvage the remake.

For me:

Apple iOS:

stats are back!

Duolingo - 55 minutes

Pikmin Bloom - 170 minutes

Arcade:

Guitar Hero Arcade - 10 minutes

D10FE24C-B3E3-4932-BAEB-23E2EE5E8401.thumb.jpeg.b2682592f8ebec1217720b9f9b0f6b86.jpeg

tried hard (which used to be easy) on Cherub Rock, failed humiliatingly

Let’s Go Island: Lost on the Island of Tropics - 20 minutes

62B96CB8-DB09-4517-B79E-B5910B9AC646.thumb.jpeg.a9d55bb16d5682d80aa7bde952a955bc.jpeg

made it quite far. Really dumb but very funny.

Nintendo Game Boy Advance:

Aleck Bordon Adventure: Tower & Shaft - 35 minutes

Nintendo Switch:

Missile Command Recharged - 35 minutes

Missile Command Recharged [remake] - 100 minutes

I miss the vector bloom and synthwave music but otherwise this is a serious upgrade.

Tetris 99 - 75 minutes (forgot this one a couple times)

And I failed to start Disco Elysium as I promised a friend I would do…

• Like 3

Week 44

Top games

1. Persona 5 Royal (Switch) - 1020 min.
2. Jurassic World Evolution 2 (PC) - 482 min. (#1)
3. Pokémon FireRed (GBA) - 480 min.
4. Relayer Advanced (PC) - 286 min.
5. XIII (Xbox) - 225 min.
6. RalliSport Challenge 2 (Xbox) - 220 min.
7. Roundguard (Switch) - 210 min.
8. Pikmin Bloom (iOS) - 170 min. (#7)
9. IDOLM@STER STARLIT SEASON, THE (PC) - 147 min. (#2)
10. GT Manager (Android) - 120 min. (#9)

Top systems

1. Switch - 1497 min. (#4)
2. PC - 1101 min. (#1)
3. GBA - 515 min. (#9)
4. Xbox - 505 min. (#2)
5. iOS - 225 min. (#5)
6. Android - 210 min. (#6)
7. PS4 - 159 min.
8. Arcade - 30 min.
9. TI-84 Plus CE - 20 min. (#8)
10. Xbox One - 10 min. (#3)

Total 4272 minutes and 29 different games on 10 different systems, with 6 participants.

The high-school role-playing game Persona 5 Royal is the only to exceed 500 minutes this week and easily takes the title, though the margin between #2 and #3 is a mere 2 minutes. Systems wise, we have exactly 10 systems with the Switch back in first place again.

Out of the 29 games played, 12 were new for this week. None of the other 17 games enters the 50, 150 or 300 Hour Clubs. For the season, we're up to 687 different games played out of 2046 in total = 33.5% so a bit more than the corresponding 18% in the classic tracker. Then again the modern tracker hasn't been around as long as the classic tracker has been.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Was having trouble with Steam synchronizing and saving my time for Jurassic World Evolution 2, so I ended up losing about an hour or 2 somewhere. Oh well. I still have not really been able to get back into the game since I fixed my computer, partially because they still have not fixed that awful glitch that completely broke the sound.

PC
Jurassic World Evolution 2 - 80
Relayer Advanced - 1356

PS4
Fire Shark - 36

Now that I've actually played Fire Shark a bit, I have discovered that it is significantly more difficult than 2P Same! Same! Same! is; after the game's halfway point it ends up being much closer to the dreaded 1P Same! Same! Same! than the Japanese 2P version. Compared to 2P Same!, the different item table means that you have to memorize both games in their entirety individually, and the bullet speed gets closer to 1P Same!, although it's nowhere near the absolutely terrifying and unholy speed of the bullets in the 1P version.
Hishouzame - 53
Kyuukyoku Tiger - 34
Same! Same! Same! - 78

I still hate this game, and yet I still love it. Half the time I do something stupid and die on stage 1, and the rest of the time I do something stupid and die on stage 2. This is one of the most frustrating games ever created, and yet it's so damn cool that it's still a hell of a lot of fun to play. Don't play it unless you hate yourself.
Same! Same! Same! (2P ver) - 37

Switch
Hishouzame - 44
Same! Same! Same! - 47
Same! Same! Same! (2P ver) - 10

Wii
Super Mario Galaxy - 57

I suddenly felt like playing this game. Then I remembered that I don't like 3D platformers and that this game's camera is horrible, so I stopped.

• Like 4

PC 

Rebel Galaxy 68 

Return to Monkey Island 60 

Spellspire 52 

X360 

Haunted House (2010) 60 

XOne 

Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 50 

Overcooked 2 41

A bunch of individual sessions spread out over the week.  Have wanted to try Rebel Galaxy for years, and was pleased to discover Return to Monkey Island was added to gamepass.

• Like 2

Apple iOS:

Duolingo - 137 minutes

Pikmin Bloom - 295 minutes

This was the first anniversary week and they let you catch up on all the badges you missed. I walked a lot.

Nintendo 3DS:

Myst 3DS - 15 minutes

The absolute worst port I've ever seen. Sometimes cheap impulse buys pay off. This one did not.

Nintendo DS:

Ontamarama - 25 minutes

Fun but very hectic fusion of Band Brothers and Osu! Tatake! OU EN DAN!!

Nintendo Switch:

Atari 50 - 25 minutes

I am leaving out all of the museum time and just including gameplay, specifically:

Atari Revived: Quadratank - 10 minutes

Atari Revived: Yars' Revenge - 15 minutes

• Like 3

Week 45

Top games

1. Relayer Advanced (PC) - 1356 min. (#4)
2. Persona 5 Royal (Switch) - 1020 min. (#1)
3. Atari 50: The Anniversary Celebration (Switch) - 745 min.
4. Pikmin Bloom (iOS) - 295 min. (#8)
5. Zaccaria Pinball (PC) - 276 min.
6. Forza Motorsport (Xbox) - 270 min.
7. Need For Speed Most Wanted (2012) (Xbox 360) - 145 min.
8. Duolingo (iOS) - 137 min.
9. Crimson Skies (Xbox) - 100 min.
10. Euro Truck Simulator 2 (PC) - 96 min.

Top systems

1. PC - 2048 min. (#2)
2. Switch - 1866 min. (#1)
3. Xbox - 455 min. (#4)
4. iOS - 432 min. (#5)
5. Xbox 360 - 265 min.
6. PS4 - 238 min. (#7)
7. Android - 140 min. (#6)
8. Xbox One - 91 min. (#10)
9. Wii - 57 min.
10. DS - 25 min.

Total 5632 minutes and 35 different games (of which 10 new) on 11 different systems, with 6 participants.

The RPG battle goes on, with the stars, robots and Greek mythology in Relayer Advanced overtaking the high-school students in Persona 5 Royal. The Atari 50 celebration clocks in at third place. Systems wise though there are no Ataris to be seen in this tracker (most belong in the classic one), but there is a swap of the top systems PC and Switch.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Lots of Relayer and not much of anything else.

PC
Relayer Advanced - 1631

I am almost done with this game's main story. Overall the game is okay, I guess. Class balance is horrible, and the classes themselves are super weird since the only thing the classes determine is what active skills you have, which is extremely odd. The game is way too easy even on hard, except for the bosses, which can be quite difficult until you figure out how to prevent them from insta-killing half your team with a single massive attack. EXP gain is super weird, level scaling is super weird since you can fight enemies like 30 levels above you and not die if you are careful, and half of the cast is basically useless. The soundtrack only has 15 tracks and what little is here just kind of exists, but it works. I'm still not entirely sure what is going on with the story, as stuff still just kind of happens for some reason, but apparently the ending is quite something. I only have 2 battles left, so I'll find out very soon, and then post-game. This game has a lot of great ideas and it could really use a sequel to fix all of its many odd problems, and I guess they want to make 2 more of these games, so I hope it happens.

PS4
Kyuukyoku Tiger - 94
Same! Same! Same! - 36
Wardner no Mori - 36

Switch
Sega Ages Virtua Racing - 10
Wardner no Mori - 22

• Like 4