IGNORED

Entering Tilde Character

I just got a FujiNet 1.6 and am amazed at its capabilities.  Hard to believe our 40 year old computers can now access the internet and our local networks.

Unfortunately my WiFi password contains a tilde (~) character, which of course ATASCII lacks.  I am using my guest network temporarily while I try to figure out how to get around this issue without having to change my password.  I have around 60 devices on my network, mostly smarthome stuff, and it would be a real hassle to have to reconnect all of them due to changing the password.  But my guest network of course limits the usefulness of the FujiNet since it blocks any access to local network devices (printers, etc.), and also prevents accessing the local FujiNet web interface.

I know that the delete/backspace character is ATASCII's equivalent to ASCII's tilde, but in order to enter it you have to press ESC before delete/backspace, which cancels the password entry process.  I know in URLs you can use %7E as an equivalent to the tilde, but passwords are a different animal.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get around this?  Any way to load an alternate character set within FujiNet?  Is it possible to enter the password as a hexadecimal equivalent?

Thanks for any help or ideas.

Brian

37 minutes ago, BrianUsher said:

I was able to use the FNET.COM utility to connect to my regular network with the tilde password, but as soon as I restart the FujiNet, it reconnects to the guest network.  Is there any way to make the FNET.COM command stick, or is that always temporary?

If you are using an sd card the settings are stored in fnconfig.ini. Just open it with a text editor and modify the wifi settings.

• Like 2