IGNORED

2021 Intellivision Homebrew Awards - General Information (Start here!)

This topic will be updated as needed in order to reflect the latest information.

Welcome to the 2021 Intellivision Homebrew Awards!

Vote for your favorite homebrew releases from last year!

This is also an opportunity for the global community of Intellivision fans to come together and celebrate the vitality of our beloved 40+ year-old platform!

Special thanks to Valter Prette who facilitated the GOTY (Game of the Year) vote in years past, and to the AtariAge Intellivision community who helped keep this tradition alive.

What's new?

Building on the foundation established in previous years, this time we will be "test driving" some new elements:

- Event renamed from "GOTY" to "Intellivision Homebrew Awards", in an attempt to further highlight the intent.

- Both digital and physical games will be accepted this time around.

- New categories have been introduced.

- A new subforum has been created and should help both organize topics and bring increased visibility to this event going forward.

- Partnership with Papa Pete's YouTube channel in order to help publicize the event.

- Prizes available to winners.

Many of the elements above also draw heavy inspiration from the great work done by ZeroPage Homebrew over at the Atari scene.

Timeline:

Voting opens: Jan 15th, 2022 - 8am CST  --> polls will be created at that time, one for each category.

Voting ends: Feb 6th, 2022 - 8pm CST

Stay tuned for Papa Pete's stream dates!

General guidelines for 2021:

Intellivision Homebrew Awards - Guidelines.pdf

Are there any prizes?

There are no formal sponsors at this point.
But yes, there are prizes available!

User @BLASTERS has offered a pdf copy of Blast Annual Vol 1 to each finalist.
User @cmadruga has offered free digital copies of Antarctic Tales Enhanced Edition, H.E.L.I., Bank Panic and Norseman to winners of the Game of the Year categories (both digital and physical).

Stay tuned! Any updates to the above will be posted here.

Who are the nominees? 

Below are all the titles (alphabetic order) which will participate in one or more categories:

More information about each nominee will be posted soon.

Antarctic Tales
Antarctic Tales Enhanced Edition
Bank Panic
Deadlier Disc - Tron Rebooted
Death Race
Fantasy
Fantasy Puzzle
GORF
H.E.L.I.
Intellivania
Jr Pac Man
Little Man Computer
Maze-a-Tron - Tron Reloaded
Ni Felter
Norseman
Omega Race
Pumpkin Mischief
Sasuke Vs Commander
Super Pro Backgammon
Super Pro Boxing
Super Pro Bump-N-Jump
Super Pro King of the Mountain
The GOONiNUFF
The Leprechaun’s Flight
The Sorrow of Gadhlan' Thur
Unlucky Pony’s Adventures
X-Ray & DILLIGAS

In case of questions or comments:

Please contact user @cmadruga.

Edited by cmadruga
  • Like 4

On 1/10/2022 at 5:51 PM, Zendocon said:

Awesome to see @Papa Pete on board with this.  Maybe he'll have a chance to review the games too, if only for a couple minutes apiece.

Hey, Zendocon!  I'm starting work on the project tonight, but just so you know, I probably won't do any kind of review on them, because I don't want to appear to be bias or swaying anyone's votes.  I may well do some reviews in INTY Homebrew Spotlight after the awards are done, though!    ?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Papa Pete said:

Hey, Zendocon!  I'm starting work on the project tonight, but just so you know, I probably won't do any kind of review on them, because I don't want to appear to be bias or swaying anyone's votes.  I may well do some reviews in INTY Homebrew Spotlight after the awards are done, though!    ?

Fair enough.  Many of the games do deserve mention, but I get it that it should wait until afterward.

• Like 1