IGNORED

I Found a Sony Trinitron PVM For Sale

3DFXgamer

I found a 32" Sony Trinitron 3230 PVM for sale in my area for $750. I am sure I could get it for less as it has some geometry issues that require some kind of grid in order to resolve. Otherwise it works great and is in very good condition. I am wondering if any of you have any experience with this type of PVM and know of anything I should look at or test when I go and see it? Also, is this thing worth the asking price? I know that PVMs are sought after, but $750 is a lot of money to me.

I'm sure its a great display. But I personally think its crazy to spend $750 for any CRT. These are all very old now and even while they were designed for professional environments....it is old. Some time back I saw someone in NYC had two of these (32's...not sure if the exact model however) for $150 a piece. I probably should have jumped on that. But no way for $750. That is a lot of money to me too :)

Others may have a different opinion but I wouldn't drop that kind of coin on any CRT display...PVM or not.

• Like 1

Yeah I think I'm going to pass on the pvm. I think I was mostly interested after seeing what other people are paying for this particular model on eBay. It's insane that someone would pay that much for an old set like this. Realistically I couldn't even flip the thing for what I would end up paying for it locally. I would have to use eBay and there is no way I could ship a 200 pound monster like that. Besides, I already own a 32" trinitron xbr widescreen that I got for free a few years ago. It's a heavy set but man the picture quality is awesome. It does 1080i and has HDMI ports too. I appreciate the feedback guys! Best wishes!

• Like 2