IGNORED

Which is better, hundreds of THE BEST titles, or thousands of the best titles??? The 5200 vs. XEGS Debate

BIGHMW

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

You're like a broken record.  How many times are you going to repeat the same crap and how many time are people going to STILL somehow nicely ask you to stop?  My god man - it's like Groundhog Day.  Do you even remember being asked at least 2 dozen times recently to stop doing this?

I've already emailed management about leaving permanently and figured I'd log in one last time to say goodbye and state why.

I'm sick of opening the 5200 forum and being met with thread after thread of conversion requests from this guy. The 5200 was my system growing up so I like to read this particular forum often. But his constant begging for someone to convert XL games has sucked whatever joy I had right out. So so long folks. It's been fun.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, ToddUGA said:

I've already emailed management about leaving permanently and figured I'd log in one last time to say goodbye and state why.

I'm sick of opening the 5200 forum and being met with thread after thread of conversion requests from this guy. The 5200 was my system growing up so I like to read this particular forum often. But his constant begging for someone to convert XL games has sucked whatever joy I had right out. So so long folks. It's been fun.

A while back there was an idiot that would insert Babbling Junk comments all over the place, here and there.  The Town's Sheriff deleted him, and his B.S.  Where's The Sheriff to put a stop to this babble, drivel, nonsense, long-winded puff.... Oh Oh, am I babbling?  

1 hour ago, Leonard Smith said:

Some of these reactions are a bit extreme.  Leaving the forums over some passionate (maybe overzealous) Atarian's continual requests for conversions?   Put the guy on ignore or just laugh it off.

There are far worse things in the world to get worked up over.

Agreed. Even I am beginning to have enough of the constant BS from my fellow Atarians, so much so that I just might as well jump the ship and just focus on my 5200 and ColecoVision that will become my two main units. I'll bet that, is what this is really about, it's that I bought a ColecoVision for its exclusive library of titles to go along with my 5200 and her lineup and for that they now think of having me as (somewhat of) their "boogeyman" (or scapegoat) because of it.

In fact, I have not visited any other forums other than the 5200 and C-V forums for over a month (I have also since deleted all of my bookmarks pertaining to any other systems other than those two.) and just focus on them and not any other units, including the 2600, 7800 and 8-bit. In fact I am looking to score some homebrewed ColecoVision/CollectorVision carts in their forums that I can't get the downloads of, as well as all of the V61/Atari Sales 5200 cart releases. There are hundreds of good games including many arcade hits on both, and that, should settle me for quite a long time to come. I already got converted what I wanted and that's fine with me on that. Besides, I'm never in my lifetime gonna be able to get around to trying every single one of them out, so I may be missing out of something, but IDC.

Edited by BIGHMW
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Leonard Smith said:

Some of these reactions are a bit extreme.  Leaving the forums over some passionate (maybe overzealous) Atarian's continual requests for conversions?   Put the guy on ignore or just laugh it off.

There are far worse things in the world to get worked up over.

Yes again. Tolerance and patience. If I left every forum where someone tried to snub me the wrong way, shit.. man.. I'd have no reason to have an internet connection!

As always, tolerance and patience, especially in these times.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, BIGHMW said:

Agreed. Even I am beginning to have enough of the constant BS from my fellow Atarians

You reap what you sow.  Stop posting the same begging for ports 5 times a week and maybe you won't get so much crap in return.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, BIGHMW said:

Agreed. Even I am beginning to have enough of the constant BS from my fellow Atarians, so much so that I just might as well jump the ship and just focus on my 5200 and ColecoVision that will become my two main units. I'll bet that, is what this is really about, it's that I bought a ColecoVision for its exclusive library of titles to go along with my 5200 and her lineup and for that they now think of having me as (somewhat of) their "boogeyman" (or scapegoat) because of it.

Absolutely not! I can pretty much assure you that owning a ColecoVision is not an issue here. Most all of us have more than one system. And no one is a boogeyman/scapegoat because of ColecoVision, or any system.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, BIGHMW said:

Start asking in the Coleco Vision groups for every single 5200 game to be ported over, and see what the reaction is.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

It's definitely what it is for me.  COLECOVISION HATERS UNITE!!!!!!1111!!!!! :mad:

You know what they say, always kill a ColecoVision traitor before you kill an Intellivision enemy!!!!

And no, I won't reveal who "they" are - if you know, you know! :skull:

EDIT: YOU KNOW WHO USES A COLECOVISION? GARFIELD. GARFIELD LOVES COLECOVISION. THAT SHOULD SAY IT ALL !!!!!!

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Keatah said:

Yes again. Tolerance and patience. If I left every forum where someone tried to snub me the wrong way, shit.. man.. I'd have no reason to have an internet connection!

As always, tolerance and patience, especially in these times.

What does "snub me the wrong way" even mean? That makes no, you know what never mind. I am tired of people using colloquialisms I do not know. I am done with this forum.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

You reap what you sow.  Stop posting the same begging for ports 5 times a week and maybe you won't get so much crap in return.

My gosh.  Even in his response to people begging him to stop the rambling, on and on and on... He still rambles on and on and on and on.....infinity. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Leonard Smith said:

Valid points.
I just don't like to see fellow Atarians maligned.

Fair enough.  And I agree with not maligning people; by definition, that is done without grounds for doing so.  Lying, in effect.

Now, as a corollary to that: imagine spending time living next door to a house that was a centre of drug manufacture, distribution, and purchase; had been used as a chop shop for stolen vehicles (two of which were stolen from the same street as the house happens to be on); and was occupied by documented violent felons with a history of engaging in these activities as well as other unsavoury ones.  Would you be OK with giving them a pass because they happen to reside on the same street as you do?

I'll admit that I've gone somewhat to the extreme with that example (which is taken from real life), but it does serve to point out that there are behaviours which are acceptable and there are those which are not - and it doesn't matter what common ground I or anyone else may have with the person engaging in the unacceptable behaviours.  They just need to stop.

Please note that I am not saying any of the above to berate you.  But if there is one section of the populace that I will always be harder on than any other, it's the one that in some way or another is identifiable as my own.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BIGHMW said:

I'll bet that, is what this is really about, it's that I bought a ColecoVision for its exclusive library of titles to go along with my 5200 and her lineup and for that they now think of having me as (somewhat of) their "boogeyman" (or scapegoat) because of it.

Dude, that is the biggest effing cop-out you could possibly come up with.  You've been annoying people with your selfish crap since well before you got the ColecoVision, so don't try to hide behind it as an excuse for your behaviour.

• Like 2