IGNORED

MegaSG + MegaED Pro = random Pause SMS games

phoenixdownita

I have a MegaSG and bought a MegaEDPro on black Friday ('cause I wanted SegaCD support for some reason).

The issue I am having is that SMS games launched vis MegaED Pro randomly pause and unpause becoming basically unplayable.

Note: it all works fine on a real US NSTC Megadrive2.

Also on that very same MegaSG it all works fine on the SMS front over a MegaEDv1 OSv9 as well as a MegaED x7 OS 3.14.

I tested MegaSG JB7.8 or OriginalFW4.8 with no success, also while on JB7.8 (which is the one I want to use ultimately) I tried MegaED Pro OS 4.05/4.07/4.11 and the latest 4.14 (which I started from) all showing the same SMS random pause/unpause issue.

Does anyone here have the MegaSG + MegaED Pro combo and can test if it's all good for SMS games played via MegaED Pro?

[yes I can play SMS games directly via MegaSG SD card on JB7.8 without issue but I am trying to figure out if it's just my issue, say maybe a faulty card vs an incompat with the MegaSG given it works perfectly fine on a real US NTSC MD2]

An easy game to test it with is the JP Opa Opa game (aka Fantasy Zone the Maze) , once you start moving into the labyrinth with 30secs or so (or even much faster at times) it starts misbehaving.

Note: I have a contact-us open on krikzz but for now they only asked me to try OfficialFW 4.8 which made no difference.

EDIT 1/14: of course krikzz support points at the MegaSG given it works on real HW ....