IGNORED

Haunted Museum - Taito's HotD competitor

awbacon

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2022 at 11:28 AM, SlidellMan said:

Ah Taito, the unsung hero of the video game industry.

Really? The creators of "the king of games" (Space Invaders) are underrated? Maybe they are slightly less-renowned in the West than they are in Japan (where they still have their own multi-story arcades)... but they seemed pretty high profile all throughout the 80s and into the 90s from what I saw in US arcades. It's just one classic after another in their library.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/24/2022 at 9:28 AM, SlidellMan said:

Ah Taito, the unsung hero of the video game industry.

14 hours ago, Zoyous said:

Really? The creators of "the king of games" (Space Invaders) are underrated? Maybe they are slightly less-renowned in the West than they are in Japan (where they still have their own multi-story arcades)... but they seemed pretty high profile all throughout the 80s and into the 90s from what I saw in US arcades. It's just one classic after another in their library.

I could be wrong, but my interpretation of his comment...Would be more along the lines of, when talking arcade games (especially to casual people) or even seeing classics reissued in arcades (perhaps ignoring Space Invaders for a moment), Biggies like NAMCO and ATARI spring to mind, SEGA is there, BALLY/MIDWAY,  CINEMATRONICS for early vector games, CAPCOM, KONAMI, and NEOGEO is always mentioned, maybe Data East, Nintendo, Universal, etc. ...It just seems like people often take a while before they get to Taito...For whatever reason. 

More a perception really.  Don't get me wrong,  I love Taito games generally (got a Space Invader as an avatar so...)  There can be times it seems like they don't always get their due.

• Like 2

On 1/24/2022 at 10:28 AM, SlidellMan said:

Ah Taito, the unsung hero of the video game industry. Excellent video of an oft-overlooked game from a criminally-underrepresented company. Fun fact: Valve Software let Taito port Half-Life 2 to the arcade.

Taito definitely does not get as much love as it deserves

• Thanks 1