IGNORED

What game system libraries have games whose titles start with every letter from A to Z?

jgkspsx

SG-1000 is funny:

007 James Bond (Othello Multivision)

A????

Borderline

Chack'n'Pop

Drol

Exerion

Flicky

Girl's Garden

Hustle Chumy

I????

J?

K?

Lode Runner

Monaco GP

N-Sub

Orguss

Pacar

Q*Bert (Othello Multivision)

Rock'n Bolt

Star Jacker

T???

U?

V?

Wonder Boy

X?

Yamato

Zaxxon

Some of the most common letters are missing and yet there are four Z games, and like 1/5 of the library starts with C.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

SG-1000 is funny:

A????

Borderline

Chack'n'Pop

Drol

Exerion

Flicky

Girl's Garden

Hustle Chumy

I????

J?

K?

Lode Runner

Monaco GP

N-Sub

Orguss

Pacar

Rock'n Bolt

Star Jacker

T???

U?

V?

Wonder Boy

X?

Yamato

Zaxxon

Some of the most common letters are missing and yet there are four Z games, and like 1/5 of the library starts with C.

If anyone would know it’s Jeremy Parish. He’s covered the entire SG-1000 library end to end on SeGaiden. 

• Like 1

On 2/2/2022 at 11:16 PM, MegaManFan said:

If anyone would know it’s Jeremy Parish. He’s covered the entire SG-1000 library end to end on SeGaiden. 

That's surprising since the Retronauts podcast episode for Sega Master System was just them asking each other "what games does the SMS even have?"

I don't know why they would bother to do an episode on a topic they knew nothing about without even referencing wikipedia first.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Black_Tiger said:

That's surprising since the Retronauts podcast episode for Sega Master System was just them asking each other "what games does the SMS even have?"

I don't know why they would bother to do an episode on a topic they knew nothing about without even referencing wikipedia first.

Parish owns almost every SG-1000 game and even an Othello MultiVision, so... not sure what that was about. Maybe he doesn't like the SMS/Mark III?

This is the episode, right?

EDIT: aaaaaah, episode 16 from 15 years ago? To be fair, I didn't know anything about the Master System back then either :D 

• Like 2

Didn't mean for this to be "pros" and "cons" for Mr. Parish, but from what I can see, he's learned a lot about SG-1000 and Mark III/SMS over the years. Doesn't mean he doesn't have more to learn, but he's come a long way. Hell if you asked me what I knew about PC Engine 15 years ago, I'd have said something like "That's the Japanese version of the TurboGrafx right?" I knew nothing. I still don't know a lot, but every week I'm trying to learn more.

• Like 1

Looking at my PS4 list I only need physical games that start with Q and Z. Looks like I have a few choices:

• Quantic Dream Collection: Detroit: Become Human, Heavy Rain, and Beyond Two Souls (December 4, 2018)
  • Quar: Infernal Machines (June 11, 2019)
  • Zanki Zero: Last Beginning (April 9, 2019)
  • Zero Escape: The Nonary Games (March 24, 2017)
  • Zero Time Dilemma (August 18, 2017)
  • Ziggurat (June 21, 2016)
  • Zombie Army 4: Dead War
  • Zombie Army Trilogy (July 21, 2015)
  • Zombie Vikings: Ragnarok Edition (April 22, 2016)
  • Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner MARs (September 4, 2018)

UPDATE: I got Quar through Amazon and Ziggurat through PlayAsia. Quar may be VR only but it's cheap and it's a physical PS4 game so as far as I'm concerned, it counts!

Edited by MegaManFan
update
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2022 at 12:06 AM, jgkspsx said:

SG-1000 is funny:

Actually with the unlicensed Taiwan SG-1000 games some of the more glaring gaps get filled in:

SG-1000 is funny:

Astrododge (unlicensed)

Borderline

Chack'n'Pop

Drol

Exerion

Flicky

Girl's Garden

Hustle Chumy

I????

J?

Knightmare (unlicensed)

Lode Runner

Monaco GP

N-Sub

Orguss

Pacar

Rock'n Bolt

Star Jacker

Twinbee (unlicensed)

U?

V?

Wonder Boy

X?

Yamato

Zaxxon

Intellivision I believe is covered

Advanced Dungeons and Dragons
Boxing
Checkers
Dreadnaught Factor
Electric Company Math Fun ??
Fathom
GoSub
Happy Trails
Ice Trek
Jetson's Ways With Words
Kool Aid Man
Lock'n'Chase
Masters of the Universe - The Power of He-Man
Night Stalker
Old School
Pitfall!
Q*Bert
River Raid
Snafu
Tron Deadly Discs
Utopia
Vectron
Worm Whomper
X-Ray & DILLIGAS
Yogi's Frustration
Zaxxon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I finally crossed PSP off the "A to Zed" list today. I got a game that starts with the letter Q from Japan earlier this month (the title is in Japanese but it translated to "Queen's Blade Spiral Chaos" so as far as I'm concerned that counts) and I got this one from the UK today to fill in Z, so I now have every letter from start to finish in a full box with UMD and instructions inside.

zendoku.jpg

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Vita means life... but for the life of me I can't find a physical game starting with the letter Q!

The rest were surprisingly easy, including the ones you wouldn't think would be.

* Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth
* Virtua Tennis 4 World Tour
* Wipeout 2048
* Xblaze Code: Embryo
* Y's: Memories of Celceta
* Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/18/2022 at 11:21 AM, carlsson said:

Cartridge games missing per system:

Letter E Q U W X Y Z
C64         0 0  
VIC-20 0   0 0 0 0 0
Atari 8-bit     0 0 1 0 0
TI-99/4A   0 0   0    

If you disregard the XE Demo Cartridge with 4 games for the Atari 8-bit, it should get another zero in the X column.

(in case anyone wonders how the above table was created, I made a separate HTML page and the cut and pasted the WYSIWYG from the webpage into the editor)

994A has a Q*Bert cart. :)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/vita/alpha/17-q

Well, unless you REALLY need physical. In that case I don't think there are any, and yes, I did check the Japanese game list to see if there is anything that can be romanized with a Q.

Yup. For me an A to Zed collection only counts if it’s physical, even if I have to romanize it from Japanese to English (which I did for PSP).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, digdugnate said:

994A has a Q*Bert cart.

Oh. I realize I based the graph on this list of first party cartridges with PHM numbers but forgot about third party. If we use this cartridge list instead, we indeed capture Q but still U and X remain absent on the TI-99/4A. As you can see, nearly no cartridge games starting on X were released on the computer side. Games like Xevious comes to mind, but not in cartridge form.

• Like 2

I hit a roadblock with 3DS. Once again it’s that darn letter Q. I checked both PAL regions and Japan exclusives and couldn’t come up with one. Every other letter is covered. (Pro tip - One Piece is significantly cheaper than Oregon Trail.)

• Like 1

Neo-Geo fails on X and Y, though if you include homebrew within days/weeks ago a full port homebrew release of Xevious was released and Xenocrisis been out there.  So if someone bothers to make a Y game, it's covered.

NG= All 3 formats (MVS, AES, CD)

68000 chip after all, someone port Ys III. :D  Neo Geo could use something unique like that right?

• Like 1

I think there might need to be two “A to Zed” categories when it comes to homebrew. After all I could write a program like 10 PRINT “HELLO WORLD” 20 GOTO 10, call it “Quixotic Effort” and then port it to every console. That would be a Q, but would it really matter? Now if someone went to the length of making a physical cartridge, box and manual for my Quixotic Effort I’d say okay… that counts. I can hold it in my hand and physically shelve it in alphabetical order. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/16/2022 at 6:12 PM, Leonard Smith said:

Well definitely not the NUON, that much is known.

I laughed at this, but wondered with what the Nuon fans have added, I wondered that the list looks like now?

• Yaroze Wrapper Tool If we converted the Yaroze library with this tool from DragonShadow, we could have the whole alphabet letter Yatzee! 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Net_Yaroze_games

I realized Breakdown was not on the Yaroze list, and that is when I realized there is a Yaroze community on Discord...

Net Yaroze chat server:
http://netyaroze.com/chat

Lots of people still making games and demos.   How much can be wrapped with the Yaroze wrapper tool (which I understand does some but not all of the work).   Well... be interesting to find out.

Edited by doctorclu
  • Like 1

Atari 2600:

(01 Combat 😜)

Alien

Bank Heist

Centipede

Defender

Eggomania

Flag Capture

Glacier Patrol

Haunted House