IGNORED

Adventure RPG for Commodore pet

Frozone212

Ok, I'll pick apart this one too:

Adventure disk 1

The FOR loop on line 12 has no NEXT so it will only run once.

On line 20 you MUST NOT use "exp" as a variable name because that is a keyword. You may use EX or XP. It means that as soon as the user gives another answer than "N" on the question about instructions, the program crashes with ?SYNTAX ERROR.

There is no line 190 to GOSUB to so it would crash out with ?UNDEFINED STATEMENT even with that fixed.

On line 23 you clear the screen so the output you just wrote to the screen will flash by in an instant.

On line 27 you INPUT A$ for class, then overwrite the variable with fixed values on lines 28-30.

On line 33 you refer to lines 100, 200, 300 which also don't exist.

Line 300 looks like it contains line numbers only?

I'm starting to wonder which environment you're creating those files in, as some of the code is quite broken.

Adventure disk 2

The NAME$ you acquired in part 1 may or may not transfer once you have loaded part 2. I seem to recall that BASIC will RUN the new program which means it would clear the variables. Either you concentrate on making one longer program, or have to fiddle with rather advanced file handling to store variables and load them back.

On line 18 you have EXP again which will need to be changed. Fortunately that code does not execute because LET EH=15:IF EH=0 will yield false.

One line 25 again you might want a different RND function: LET D=RND(1)*D*2/INT(2) but then again that is the same as D=INT(1)*D.

There is no NEXT statement so the FOR loop will only run for the first value, D=1.

Interestingly you use XP on line 32 like I suggested above.

This part at least seems to have a hint of interaction, and with more consideration could improve into more of a game.