IGNORED

Breakout: Recharged (in VCS Store)

SabertoothRetro

The first in-game images of Breakout: Recharged as well as a release date are here.

Out February 10, 2022!

From Nintendo.com:

The original brick breaker returns with its toughest challenge yet. Survive as long as you can in arcade or take on one of 50 challenges picking up game-changing power-ups along the way!

The grandfather of brick-breaking games is back with some of the toughest challenges yet! Breakout: Recharged steps up the excitement with a fresh coat of paint, exciting power-ups, and another original soundtrack from award-winning video game composer Megan McDuffee.

Breakout: Recharged will forever change what you expect from a brick-breaking title. The endless arcade mode and 50 challenge levels will push you to the limit of your skills. Don’t fret, however, as this wouldn’t be a Recharged title without game-changing powerups. Expect the aid of rail guns, homing missiles, and explosives to join the traditional multi-ball. You’ll need every tool in the arsenal and razor-sharp reflexes to climb the global leaderboards.

Key Features:

Old Meets New: Classic Breakout gameplay updated with refined control, and modern visual flourishes

Power Up: Blast special bricks to pick up paddle-transforming power-ups a rail gun, explosive balls, missile launchers, and more

Challenge: Compete in a series of 50 challenges designed to put even the most seasoned players to the test

Compete: Reach the top of global leaderboards for arcade and individual challenge modes

Bring a Friend: Play local co-op in every mode - breaking bricks is better together!

Get in the Groove: Rock out to an original score by Megan McDuffee

screenshot01.jpg

screenshot02.jpg

screenshot03.jpg

screenshot04.jpg

screenshot05.jpg

screenshot06.jpg

Edited by justclaws
changed subject to show (in VCS Store)
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, SabertoothRetro said:

For those that are curious, the paddle function of the Classic Controller was confirmed by Atari's producer via Twitter.

Screenshot_20220119-122524_Twitter~2.jpg

I hadn't even considered that it might not function with the paddle, but its nice to have confirmation that it will.?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, SabertoothRetro said:

I only asked as another user speculated earlier in the thread that the paddle function might not happen.  I figured that I may as well ask the source than assume or speculate either way! :)

Smart thinking on your part! I’ll have to use the Classic Controller when Breakout launches on February 10th.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I can see myself spending many hours playing Breakout Recharged! It’s been that way with all the Recharged games so far, I enjoy them so much I end up buying the games across all the other platforms as well as the VCS, I’ll spend the most time playing the VCS version though and then the Switch version for portability. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, swlovinist said:

My review of the game is up

i will buy it because i like breakout.

- it looks too easy with all the powerups, like arkanoid

- i don't like the one life aspect as usual

- i don't care for the challenge, so thats not really adding to it.

i do like that added progressive modes to the levels, where it moves down.

i also like the variable speed ball, when it slows down and speeds up.

later

5 minutes ago, negative1 said:

i will buy it because i like breakout.

- it looks too easy with all the powerups, like arkanoid

- i don't like the one life aspect as usual

- i don't care for the challenge, so thats not really adding to it.

i do like that added progressive modes to the levels, where it moves down.

i also like the variable speed ball, when it slows down and speeds up.

later

There is a classic mode that does not have powerups and more than one life.   

• Like 3