IGNORED

Breakout: Recharged (in VCS Store)

SabertoothRetro

As the topic title states, Breakout: Recharged is my new, favorite game on VCS!

My favorite game mode is ‘Classic Recharged’ where you have more than one life. I really love the power ups, like the cannon, slow motion and the ability to expand the size of your bat.

I need to double-check later, but my best score in-game (I believe) was 2750.

Who else finds Breakout: Recharged as their new, favorite game on the VCS (or other platforms for that matter)?

• Like 3

I like it.  I need to put more time into it though.  I only played a few games (Classic & Challenge modes) the day I purchased it.  As others have said, a sensitivity setting is all this game needs to make it one of my favorite versions of Breakout.  Having said that, my favorite Recharged game is Asteroids. 

Game on!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ColecoGamer said:

As the topic title states, Breakout: Recharged is my new, favorite game on VCS!

My favorite game mode is ‘Classic Recharged’ where you have more than one life. I really love the power ups, like the cannon, slow motion and the ability to expand the size of your bat.

I need to double-check later, but my best score in-game (I believe) was 2750.

Who else finds Breakout: Recharged as their new, favorite game on the VCS (or other platforms for that matter)?

Yeah, it's really good fun.  I wish I could adjust the sensitivity though.  Good soundtrack too.

• Like 2

It’s an amazing game I can’t fault it, I picked it up on VCS and the other formats it released on to support it and so far I’m having a blast with it and slowly making my way through the challenges. I’d say it’s my 3rd favourite Recharged release, I play a lot of Centipede Recharged and Asteroids Recharged and would say I enjoy them slightly more but that can always change lol it’s brilliant game though. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

I like it.  I need to put more time into it though.  I only played a few games (Classic & Challenge modes) the day I purchased it.  As others have said, a sensitivity setting is all this game needs to make it one of my favorite versions of Breakout.  Having said that, my favorite Recharged game is Asteroids. 

Game on!

I do agree that Breakout: Recharged needs sensitivity settings. The game does play well with the modern VCS controller, though.

Edited by ColecoGamer
  • Like 1

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Breakout was the game that would lead to my longest and hardest to make game video. :) The idea of "finally" getting a paddle controller for the modern era to play on PC and a new Atari console was a big reason for me to be excited, and the Classic Controller is great. Doesn't work great yet for PC, though, due to a lack of good support for the twist. Hopefully soon!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I “finished” the game. Never broke 6000 on Recharged mode but I will get there someday.

Played on Switch, though. Maybe it’s the Hori Split Pad Pro I’m using, but the thumbstick did not feel analog at all. I played as if I was using a d pad the whole time.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/29/2022 at 10:02 PM, E. King said:

Here I compare Breakout Recharged on the VCS to Breakout Recharged on Steam using an Atari Spinner control.

That arcade USB controller looks really cool. It looks to have the functionality to play most Atari arcade game. I would love for Atari to update their recharged games and Vault packages to fully support that USB controller. If they ever do, it would be really neat if they offered a bundle that comes with the walnut system and this controller (matching woodgrain) as well as and both Vault packages & all recharged games. They could market it as the ultimate Atari arcade experience.

Edited by bugcatcher88