IGNORED

Multicart Wars

gbag

Well, you can't currently buy a dragon cart so that limits things a bit.

Concerto will add more features at some point I'm sure.

I don't think you would be disappointed with either.

I bought a concerto, main reason is I like an on screen display 

• Like 1

The designers / builders of both carts are known for good products. The Lynx Agacart sold by the designer of Dragonfly was an impressively designed, produced and packaged product and batari is known for quality work as well. Concerto works fine for me and given the design differences, it‘s probably a matter of personal preference for on-screen or on-cart menus. 

• Like 1

Another satisfied Concerto Cart customer right here.  I'm not sure the two are warring over their products.  It's certainly nice to see not 1, but 2 multi-carts for this system, after such a long dry spell.  While I can't speak for the Dragonfly cart, it seems that both camps have satisfied users.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Almost Rice said:

I'll have to go with the OG CC2. 16 years of use can not be topped.

I don't know, a new mob boss is up and coming.

Though to be real gangster, your reach needs to extent over more than just one platform.

Bada bing, bada boom.

image.png.0c3b6cb2345078d34d695a24f3691b76.png

New pair of cement shoes and the 'option' to swim with the fishes, now a part of every multi/flash cart deal.

Any takers?

• Haha 2

I think a lot of it depends of where you were at the time they were available. In the UK and Europe it was significantly cheaper to get a DF on release due to shipping+duty and the like. I expect the same was true for the Concerto in the US. So here I would suspect most people are running a DF and are very happy with it, and likewise in the US the same goes for the Concerto.

Obviously supply issues have scuppered the DF for now and the Concerto is currently the only option. But I personally really like the way the DF works. It's a very cool piece of kit that also has the advantage of the YM sound chip. There might only be one game that uses it at the moment, but with the problems getting hold of Pokeys and PokeyMaxs, maybe it might be a more sensible choise for homebrew going forward? I'd certainly like to see more adoption of it. But then the Concerto has 2600 support. So it really comes down to which you want/prefer.

Edited by juansolo
  • Like 1