IGNORED

Goty youtube coverage

4 minutes ago, Zendocon said:

I watched the event on Twitch yesterday.  All the other games except mine had demo/promo videos.  I guess I'll have to get into the habit of creating gameplay videos before release from now on.

I think a good direction for this process to go in the future would be for a committee to vet the list of nominees, and for those nominees to ensure certain information is available up front. Videos could be part of that.

9 minutes ago, Zendocon said:

I watched the event on Twitch yesterday.  All the other games except mine had demo/promo videos.  I guess I'll have to get into the habit of creating gameplay videos before release from now on.

1 minute ago, cmadruga said:

I think a good direction for this process to go in the future would be for a committee to vet the list of nominees, and for those nominees to ensure certain information is available up front. Videos could be part of that.

that was the first attempt at covering the goty on youtube and I can confirm Atangamers will do again for the next one, any picture/video is welcome in a youtube channel. for the english subtitles I'm checking but not yet available, maybe it depends on the amount of views (we have 68 view so far)

1 minute ago, cmadruga said:

Yeah, I could easily have created videos, but I didn't know my entries would look bad without them.

The only time I was specifically asked for videos was for a local indie game expo.  Twitch wanted any available promo files as well when I had my games added as categories, but they were accepted with what I provided.

9 minutes ago, vprette said:

that was the first attempt at covering the goty on youtube and I can confirm Atangamers will do again for the next one, any picture/video is welcome in a youtube channel. for the english subtitles I'm checking but not yet available, maybe it depends on the amount of views (we have 68 view so far)

Good job on the video, Valter.

I just wanted to go back to one comment made at one point. Not sure if I misunderstood it, as my grasp of Italian is minimal.

I thought at one point in the video there was a comment about polls being done here in AtariAge, and how it would be desirable(?) for an 'external resource' to be used instead.

Did I understand correctly? If yes, could you elaborate?

Edited by cmadruga

4 minutes ago, cmadruga said:

Good job on the video, Valter.

I just wanted to go back to one comment made at one point. Not sure if I misunderstood, as my grasp of Italian is minimal.

I thought at one point in the video there was a comment about polls being done here in AtariAge, and how it would be desirable(?) for an 'external resource' to be used instead.

Did I understand correctly? If yes, could you elaborate?

the point was about increasing the number of votes and number of people voting by adopting some service in some website, but no referring to any specific, and we said that this will be considered for the future. it's a point already introduced in AA if I remember correctly

Edited by vprette

5 minutes ago, vprette said:

the point was about increasing the number of votes and number of people voting by adopting some service in some website, but no referring to any specific, and we spoke taht this will be considered for the future. it's a point already introduced in AA if I remember

If you go external, the challenge is how you link the polls to all the supporting information about the vote.

If people go directly to the external link, they could be missing all the nominee information and discussions surrounding the vote.

One solution of course would be to have an entire external website dedicated to the vote. But then we know how web sites come and eventually die.

Edited by cmadruga

2 minutes ago, cmadruga said:

If you go external, the challenge is how you link the polls to all the supporting information about the vote.

If people go directly to the external link, they could be missing all the nominee information and discussions surrounding the vote.

One solution of course would be to have an entire external website dedicated to the vote. But then we know how web sites come and eventually die.

not easy to figure out.. but I was more thinking something like an external vote for example in Italy and the votes collected to be summed to the AA ones... of corse we can just keep like it is... 

1 minute ago, vprette said:

not easy to figure out.. but I was more thinking something like an external vote for example in Italy and the votes collected to be summed to the AA ones... of corse we can just keep like it is... 

I suspect I'm missing some context for why it is not convenient or desirable for Italian users to just come here.

If it's the language, I don't think there would be problem creating a thread for discussion in Italian or even other languages.

Anyway, we can continue to discuss in private if you are interested. I am genuinely interested in understanding.

3 minutes ago, cmadruga said:

I suspect I'm missing some context for why it is not convenient or desirable for Italian users to just come here.

If it's the language, I don't think there would be problem creating a thread for discussion in Italian or even other languages.

Anyway, we can continue to discuss in private if you are interested. I am genuinely interested in understanding.

that's how you say: english is teached in schools here but most of the people never use it... in fact for example the runner of the Antagamers channel is originally an atarian but a late intellivision addicted and is interested to vote: I told him you need to login to AA... someone maybe will not do this just for the goty if they didnt' know AA before for other reasons

Edited by vprette